Anyone else obsessively following the Fifa World Cup? VIVA FIFA!!!

AGR

bye bye Italy :D,as long Italy,Germany or Argentina dont win,I dont care who wins,not even if Brasil dont win,we won to many times already :D,now its time for an asian or african team.

boosh

england lost, what a disappointment ::(: especially with the amount of individual talent. shame they couldn't pull it off as a team. made me feel worse now

Tuco

Argentina has really surprised me. It is almost certain that they will be in the final (I think they will beat the germans, they already did before the world cup) probably against Brazil, that seems to be the stronger team in the tournament, or maybe against Spain or Holland.

AGR

Brazil vs Argentina in the final would be epic,even more epic would be brazil winning :D,I am not following footbal as much as I once did,but all the recent times we met at the final of a tournament was won by brazil I think, like copa america twice and confederations cup.

Ritta

Sorry I missed this thread. I was thinking about starting one yesterday. I haven't been following the World Cup as my brother has, but I tend to get more interested at the quarter finals. Poor Japan. they really tried their best ::(:

These are the latest standings:

worldcup.jpg

Spain vs Portugal is coming up soon. That's going to be an interesting match. :)

What are your predictions? My dad and my brother think the final is going to be Brazil vs Argentina. I'm not sure. Maybe Germany will beat Argentina. Either way I think the final is going to be really awesome. :D

worrywort

I still fancy Argentina to win the world cup this year...they were my favourites after the first couple of games....there's just something about them this year....the combination of Maradona and Messi is epic!

Ritta

Not sure what exactly happened to Portugal. They were doing great in the first half. It's like they lost their drive.

2 more matches this Friday, although I'd have to say the one on Saturday between Argentina and Germany is going to be the best. :D

Ritta

I read an article about that. They should had made the change long time ago. I know it won't make a difference, but I think they should give England that goal they lost and Argentina should lose one. I'm sure England and Mexico will feel vindicated if they do that.

I hope that in future games they allow instant replay checks. Mistakes like they've done in the past are too obvious to ignore. :rolleyes:

Ritta

20 minutes to the end of Netherlands vs Brazil. Netherlands is winning 2 - 1. I'm shocked. :eek: I thought Brazil would make it to the finals. This changes everything. I wouldn't be surprised if Argentina gets eliminated tomorrow as well. I wonder if Ghana will beat Uruguay next :D

AGR

Just hoping argentina or germany dont win now,but it is very likely the winner will come from tomorrows game between them.

Ritta

When Germany scored the second goal, I stopped watching. How humiliating for the Argentinians, 4-0. At least Brazil scored one goal. I doubt I'll watch the other games except for the final. I have no favorites left, so either Germany or Holland can win and I wouldn't mind. What are your predictions guys?

:rolleyes:

AGR

so much for one south american team in each game,but the truth is only Brazil and Argentina can stand up to European teams,when they are done its over for south america,others are good,but not enough.

Tuco

With Brazil and Argentina out, I will support Uruguay, but I don't think they stand a chance against Holland; maybe the final will be Holland vs Germany or Holland vs spain, in both cases I would root for Holland, they deserve it after trying so many times and failing (74, 78, 98).

mmmm

Also I said Germany will win tomorrow.

Well, here's a prediction that turned out to be the understatement of the century. Germany was on fire!

I'm bummed for Ghana. I so wanted them to do well. I don't really mind who wins now. I'll see which colour jersey looks the best on me and decide from there whom to support:rolleyes: .

Ritta

Forget about drug testing the players, drug test the referees, I highly suspect the majority of the world cup referees are doing it.

Hahaha. I wouldn't be surprised TryAgain :D

It'd be funny if they're caught in the act before a game begins ;)