Anyone else lonely?

Julesie

I'm pretty lonely too. No real life friends. One fantastic best friend but shes in Arizona.
Barely go out, don't interract much with family because of my phobia. I spend most of my time in my room... alone.

I just want a socially phobic friend like me. ^^;

I understand this, I have my mom I talk to once in a while, and one friend on campus that I try to hang with, but we don't always do much. And yet I still feel alone, I can't say why, I just do, but it is never fun.

Mousey

I'm new here. I had nothing to do. I mean I guess I could do something but it's hard to find the modivation. I came looking for somewhere I could talk about agoraphobia and social anxiety.
Yes dammit, I am lonely.

planemo

I am definitely isolated, but only sometimes lonely. It does hurt very much when I do indeed feel alone.

emboki

I guess everyone feels lonely to some extent. A lot people who seem very social are lonely inside and do a pretty good job of not revealing it. The more you think about it the more you feel it.

anomicdeer

Yup. I went out today and I wanted to stay there but I left because I had nothing to talk about. I'm too quiet so... yeah
Back at home... alone

Emma123

Hi everyone! I'm Emma and I have 24 years old.. new here on this forum.I want to say I feel lonely almost all day. I live with my family ( in total 6 people with me) and I feel so lonely even if the house is full, everybody is doing something: watching tv, stay on Internet, cooking … I know that television and Internet is not the answer to my problems and I feel that is a waste of time, so I try to do something else. I don’t answer my old friends calls because they ask me what am I doing, if I found a job and I can’t tell them “ no, I didn’t because I have a mental problem and I don’t know how to get over it.” So I don't have any friends now. I feel like no one understand me…Nobody wants to feel lonely... Anyway if someone wants to talk, I would like to change some words, no string attached, it doesn’t matter where are you from . :)

planemo

Hi everyone! I'm Emma and I have 24 years old.. new here on this forum.I want to say I feel lonely almost all day. I live with my family ( in total 6 people with me) and I feel so lonely even if the house is full, everybody is doing something: watching tv, stay on Internet, cooking … I know that television and Internet is not the answer to my problems and I feel that is a waste of time, so I try to do something else. I don’t answer my old friends calls because they ask me what am I doing, if I found a job and I can’t tell them “ no, I didn’t because I have a mental problem and I don’t know how to get over it.” So I don't have any friends now. I feel like no one understand me…Nobody wants to feel lonely... Anyway if someone wants to talk, I would like to change some words, no string attached, it doesn’t matter where are you from . :)

Hiya Emma. yeah I can relate to your post. I live with 4 other people but I still feel alone sometimes. No one understands me either. I however use the tv and internet a lot, as it is my only link to the outside world and people. I guess because of it, I don't feel alone all of the time.

Emma123

Hi emu_noodles!
I feel that I'm the only one with this problem in my city because people don't talk much about this around here. I tried to explain what I feel and why it's hard for me to get a job,(they probably think I'm lazy) but people can't understand why it's so hard for me, why I think this way. It's not that they don't want to understand, but for them it's soooo easy.
Do you have many online friends?

planemo

Hi emu_noodles!
I feel that I'm the only one with this problem in my city because people don't talk much about this around here. I tried to explain what I feel and why it's hard for me to get a job,(they probably think I'm lazy) but people can't understand why it's so hard for me, why I think this way. It's not that they don't want to understand, but for them it's soooo easy.
Do you have many online friends?

Yeah, others just don't 'get it'. It's very difficult to put into words and explain why things that are mundane for them is so difficult for people like us.

I have a decent amount of friends online. Some here, some on other forums. I'm really lucky coz they're my only link to the outside world at this moment.

mrb

sometimes yes .... but usually im to busy to feel anything lately ... when i get home i just want to crash , the last thing i want is a woman nagging me for nookie :cool:... but if she was nagging me i soppose id do it just get get some peace and get some sleep ....:D im good like that ;)

seafolly

mrb - I'll bet that's a huge sacrifice, haha, how good of you. ::p:

I suppose I have my lonely moments but I try not to dwell on it. Ultimately it is my decision in regards to how I spend my time. At times when the anxiety is peaking I'll happily hide away and not feel lonely at all! I do think in my heart of hearts I'm too social (ha, what a contradiction) to let myself get isolated for too long. It can be a lonely world when you don't know people in the flesh who can relate to what you experience but as I've mentioned I think I prefer it that way. I have a friend with PTSD and when we hang out together we really don't push each other at all. "So you want to stay in tonight and watch The Office with popcorn?" "YEAH!" All fine and dandy in moderation but I think you know where I'm going with that. ;)