Anyone else feel this way

truffleshuffle

Any one else have a problme with hugging? Not hugging someone like your girlfirned or a good friend but family. When we visit family members most of them hug goodbye and it always makes me feel awkward, so awkward I try to sneak away unnoticed just to avoid it. It might stem from how I feel around them I always feel not quite good enough and that they don;t really want me around. It seems most of my family has noticed this and avoid hugging me but even though Im glad they don;t do it most of the time I can;t shake the feeling it was not becasue they noticed I didn;t like it but becasue I am not worthy. Its like Im dammed if they do, dammed if they don;t

Last edited:

Flanscho

I don't hug my family members. I don't know why. I hug friends and whatnot, but not the family. *shrugs*

laure15

When I was a kid, I used to hug people a lot, especially my friends and my mom's relatives. But as I grew older, I don't do that anymore. My dad's relatives are more distant and cold and I've never seen them hug each other.

bcsr

I give exceptional hugs. Family, Friends, Random People... come get you some of these hugs.

MikeyC

I give exceptional hugs. Family, Friends, Random People... come get you some of these hugs.
Haha, now there's an offer!

I hug family members, but a little more reluctantly than other people. I only ever really get hugs off mum, anyway.