Anybody have a fantasy land?

Ericisme

So does anybody here have a fantasy land? Either through video games, playing some game with themselves, or anyother way that's possible to have a fantasy land. A place where they get to be somebody else, pretend to be somebody else, or pretend you have somebody to talk with.

I myself like to pretend I have a life on Xbox Live(XBL), I get to talk with my XBL friends, say whatever I want most the time, and have fun while doing it. I also like to talk as if I have a imaginary friend next to me, act as if I'm talking to him and he's agreeing with me.

What about all of you?

Kamen

My fantasy land is in movies, songs, books, Internet. I now rarely play games. It is also in my imagination - the music, poetry and stories I create.
Here is a piece of my fantasy land: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BR6pm8be4E
I wish I was more active, I wish I had more motivation to do things...

dottie

if i am at home i am in fantasy land. internet, music, art, books, movies, anything. maybe this is my problem. i don't know how to deal with the reality of social interaction. even if i am in public i tend to zone out into my own little world until i am forced to communicate with words and/or body language. then i feel put on the spot.

lyricalliaisons

I have a fantasy land, only mine is in my head. I have this entire fantasy life/world in my head. I guess if I had a real life, I wouldn't have to make up a fantasy one, but I don't. I know it's odd, but it keeps me sane & keeps me from being lonely 100% of the time, which I would be otherwise. One day, I hope to have a real life, so that my life doesn't exist fully in my imagination, with imaginary people, like it does now.

Ashiene

i have 2 fantasylands in my imagination, depending on my mood, i can visit either...

the first fantasyland i created in my mind is a little hut on the shore of a vast ocean, with snow-capped mountains in the distance. i spend my days in this place tending to the crops and growing fruits in the beautiful garden around my hut. i also have rabbits and hamsters and other cute animals to keep me company. there are no other humans except myself.

when im feeling adventurous i like to build a wooden boat and journey across the ocean to visit distant lands where i pick strange but pretty flowers to bring home. i have many adventures, some of them involve me finding fairies and gnomes who dance with me and sing with me...

i have a wife there, she is a naked mermaid whom i visit every morning and spend most of my day with her, but she needs the water, thats why my hut is by the shore. we like to sit on a rock under the moonlight, cuddling each other. she likes the flowers i pick for her :lol: i hope one day to visit her underwater home.

my second fantasyland is the complete opposite. when i'm feeling angry i visit this place. its a dark, damp maze of sewers deep under the ground. there is no way out of here.

the walls are covered in rust and blood constantly trickles down the 100-meter high walls. the ceiling is so high above, shrouded in darkness that its almost impossible to see it.

in this place, i have torture devices, and victims are always delivered to me through a mouth-like mechanical chute in the wall. i have fun torturing these victims, doing all sorts of weird experiments on them to create strange hybrids, sometimes part human, part animal, sometimes cyborgs...

well, when im happy i visit the first fantasyland, but when im sad or angry i go to my second one to vent my anger on these helpless victims! :evil:

no1

Banned
I wish there was a place outside that no one goes.. where nobody could see me, facing the sun, in some nature setting. there are none of those here..

Satine

I had a horrible time with my parents when I was young. They had titanic arguments and they frightened me. Right from a young age I 'went away' in my head.

I used cartoons, mainly. And, to be honest, over the years I've kept some of them. A variation on Sonic the Hedgehog, a cartoon called SatAM is my favourite. I daydream about being on Mobius and have several different guises there, depending on my mood.

I can do anything from take part in an adventure, be a victim, have a relationship, advise the characters who have their own difficulties - whatever I like. I find it very soothing. In fact, I've taken to writing some of the stories, and they seem to go down very well with the fandom.

Ericisme

no1 said:
I wish there was a place outside that no one goes.. where nobody could see me, facing the sun, in some nature setting. there are none of those here..
Good idea!

Ashiene, your fantasy land sounds awesome! My imagination sucks though, I don't know why.

Helyna

I used to... before I got depressed. Not kidding. Depression killed it.

I didn't exist in it. It was a long, complicated, very involved story whose main character started out as me, then moved away from reality as I imagined more. I would go over and over scenes I liked or found exciting or comforting. But it was chased away, after five years, by a story I was actually writing down, and then I got depressed and it disappeared altogether.
Occasionally, I get lost in the planning of something I will write, but that doesn't have quite the comfortableness of this old, unrecorded story.

Ubersonic

My fantasy world consists of me having awesome fighting skills, usually Jason Bourne style.

Say I have an uncomfortable moment. I just imagine it later with an assassin jumping out of somewhere try to kill me. I then beat the crap out of him in front everybody. It might sound silly, but it makes me feel better.

It's not about the violence, but the feeling of being cool, strong, and capable.