Anybody else have suicidal thoughts when faced with a stressful/anxious situation?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah don't get suicidal thoughts, but ah do feel like am gonnae huv a heart attack or faiint when come to stressful or anxious situations.

theoutsider

I do. I'm not actively suicidal but whenever I have to do something, like shopping, interact with people, the usual, I just think "Why can't a serial killer shoot me?"
"I wish I'd never been born"

"I wonder if it would to painful to eat rat poison"

These kind of things.

When someone treats me horribly at work, I sometimes wonder what their reaction would be if I went home and killed myself. Would they feel guilty? Would this cause them to turn their lives around? Will it totally tear them up?

I'm not a suicidal type person, I just have a good imagination and try to imagine the reaction. I eventually realize they wouldn't care much if I did and would just go about their lives as if I never once existed. This gives me motivation to continue pissing them off. Haha.

defiance

yeah I'm this way as well. Mine all stems from my anxiety. Because every single task is the most difficult task it depresses me that I can't do them. Then those suicidal thoughts kick in. I can take solace in knowing one day my pain will end. Maybe that is why I never really act on them. That and I don't want to hurt my mom by doing something stupid. But there are those days man when it overwhelms you more than usual and it is a struggle to not act on those impulses. At least in my case

BlazeBlue

I do. I'm not actively suicidal but whenever I have to do something, like shopping, interact with people, the usual, I just think "Why can't a serial killer shoot me?"
"I wish I'd never been born"

"I wonder if it would to painful to eat rat poison"

These kind of things.

Yes, I used to have those thoughts, especially when I felt embarrassed in a social situation. I'd tell myself things like "I'm so stupid, I deserve to die." But now, whenever those kinds of thoughts pop up, I'd tell myself that maybe it didn't go the way I had planned but there's always tomorrow to give it another shot AND I don't deserve to die.

Holiday

Suicidal thoughts is very common. Everyone thinks about ending their life at one point. So don't worry, its not uncommon. Just talk about your problems. Maybe to a friend, or a trusted family member. Its good to vent!!

Honestly, you'll look back on these problems in 10 years time, when you're a bill payer and you'd wish you didn't get stressed out as much.

SilentAndShy

I'm having suicidal thinking now. The day I've had - in terms of people with their snide jibes and digs at me. I just think, if I was to drop dead tomorrow, I wouldn't be missed or be a loss to the world. And then I think of how it might happen, maybe I'll get run over, stabbed, or involved in a train crash. Or cancer..