Any tips for first date tomorrow?

Daniel089

I'm going on my very first date tomorrow, one week after I started talking to a girl online. She's an extrovert type, has few but very good friends, and she's very intelligent, and has a fun personality. We'll just go to a mall café and have a chat, later on maybe take a walk, that's what I planned.

I have already told her that I'm an introvert type, and I don't have friends just "pals", and I rarely hang out. If there is one thing I'm afraid of, is telling too much about myself, pour out my soul (possibly due to the fact that I'm too honest sometimes), thus falling into the so-called "friend zone". Anyone have any ideas to avoid that?

Last edited:

truffleshuffle

I'm going on my very first date tomorrow, one week after I started talking to a girl online. She's an extrovert type, has few but very good friends, and she's very intelligent, and has a fun personality. We'll just go to a mall café and have a chat, later on maybe take a walk, that's what I planned.

I have already told her that I'm an introvert type, and I don't have friends just "pals", and I rarely hang out. If there is one thing I'm afraid of, is telling too much about myself, pour out my soul (possibly due to the fact that I'm too honest sometimes), thus falling into the so-called "friend zone". Anyone have any ideas to avoid that?
I have no idea how to avoid the friend zone but all you need to do is just be your self and have a good time and not try to over think anything is the best advice I can give.

xDreamseller

Ah the friend zone...a mans worst enemy. :D

uhh, if I knew any ways to help you, I wouldn't be single right now :mad:

GraybeardGhost

A cautionary tale: The last time I had a first date, the lady and I met for coffee. I ordered decaf, but the waitress gave me regular by mistake, possibly because I'm an uncommonly soft-spoken guy and she didn't hear me. Having no tolerance for caffeine at the time, I was wired after only one cup and started talking a mile a minute. I don't recall much of the conversation, but I'm sure I said a lot of things that didn't need saying just yet. I can't have said anything too awful, though, as the lady and I continued to date for another three years, but with the right (or wrong) prompting, I might easily have gone off on some bizarre tangent and blown the whole thing. My advice to you, then, is to avoid unnecessary chemical stimulation, relax, and, as Hellhound already said, be yourself. Have a great time!

Last edited:

Daniel089

Yeah, this. Don't try to be someone else because that won't do you any good.

He said she's an extroverted type, so perhaps not! Although she might be a little bit nervous.

Good luck, Daniel. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks a lot! Yes she's an outgoing person who attends concerts for example, but she never freaked out of anything I said, she's happy that I was so honest and all...

MikeyC

Thanks a lot! Yes she's an outgoing person who attends concerts for example, but she never freaked out of anything I said, she's happy that I was so honest and all...
Honesty is a great trait and both men and women like partners that can be honest and upfront. Of course, you don't have to divulge all of your personal information in one night, but starting off on an honest platform is excellent.

Good luck with the date, dude. Hopefully it all goes great!

truffleshuffle

Honesty is a great trait and both men and women like partners that can be honest and upfront. Of course, you don't have to divulge all of your personal information in one night, but starting off on an honest platform is excellent.

Good luck with the date, dude. Hopefully it all goes great!

Mikey is right honesty is a great trait and being upfront helps too. At least they know a bit about what they can exspect from you.

Daniel089

The date went pretty well yesterday we sat down in the mall and had a coffee and talked for more than 3 hours or so. I let her speak as many times possible, but there were some parts when it was quiet - then most of the time she asked a question about me. I think I didn't really flirt with her, I don't know if she's attracted to me, but she's definately more cuter than I expected, caring, and intelligent, and extrovert, but not really a "girly girl" which is good of course. :)
In the very end, before we said goodbye I asked her if she wants to see a movie, she answered "yes, let's talk about it online.."
I didn't message her since then, because I want her to think that I have an own life and everything, but maybe I'll send the movie's trailer link to her mailbox...
So that's how it went, pretty good overall...

Last edited:

truffleshuffle

The date went pretty well yesterday we sat down in the mall and had a coffee and talked for more than 3 hours or so. I let her speak as many times possible, but there were some parts when it was quiet - then most of the time she asked a question about me. I think I didn't really flirt with her, I don't know if she's attracted to me, but she's definately more cuter than I expected, caring, and intelligent, and extrovert, but not really a "girly girl" which is good of course. :)
In the very end, before we said goodbye I asked her if she wants to see a movie, she answered "yes, let's talk about it online.."
I didn't message her since then, because I want her to think that I have an own life and everything, but maybe I'll send the movie's trailer link to her mailbox...
So that's how it went, pretty good overall...

That sounds like a nice date. It sounds like it very well and I hope it continues for you.

Daniel089

Well done, Daniel. Sounds like you had a great time. :)

Thanks, I have to say I was more nervous than her, but I always maintained eye contact and didn't mention topics like politics, religion, etc... I had a nice time indeed, I think I'll wait a week or so with the 2nd date...

xDreamseller

As others have said, sounds like it went pretty well. Good job keeping up a conversation for 3 hours with someone you've just met too! :cool: (I usually run out of things to say after about 5 minutes, unless we're doing something together)