another as of yet unvoiced fear of mine

Section_31

Soooo at the risk of sounding 8 yrs old all over again, :p, i was wondering....is anyone else here afraid of the dark?. Im talking total dark, so dark to the point you cant see your hand a few inches from your face.

Be honest!

laure15

I am afraid of pitch-black, total darkness. But I don't think I've ever been in such a place because there's always a source of light somewhere (from under the door, moonlight from the window, etc).

jryden

I am afraid of pitch-black, total darkness. But I don't think I've ever been in such a place because there's always a source of light somewhere (from under the door, moonlight from the window, etc).

Me too-I am scared of complete darkness but like Laure said, in most places theres always light coming from somewhere.

When we first moved into our house, my room was completely dark because the tree in the back blocked the moon and my room wasnt near the front where cars pass by. And on top of that, I have black walls. I used to sleep with a small night light :rolleyes: but it died without me even realizing it and I had slept a few days without it so I stopped using it. Now I am used to it and prefer a dark room.
They cut down some branches of the tree so now I have light coming from the moon.

Section_31

Ha. If im alone i cant sleep without a nightlight.

and i at least need a cat. If THEY start acting spooked then i know i should get out of the room. Silly, but a sleeping cat is my security blanket.

Srijita52

While I do enjoy the dark at times, I'm really afraid of complete darkness. I remember reading somewhere its somewhat connected to the fear of unknown (which I also have)

Foxface

Sometimes. I used to have to have a night light when I was younger (10+ years ago).

I used to prefer the dark, but not total darkness. I enjoy the sunlight, becuase it's healthier for you. Sunlight and water lets you live 20 years more.

Sunlight also puts us in good spirits.

Section_31

i just always feel like theres somthing in the room with me watching me >.<. makes it very difficult to sleep, alot of the time im scared to sleep.

truffleshuffle

i just always feel like theres somthing in the room with me watching me >.<. makes it very difficult to sleep, alot of the time im scared to sleep.
I have that as well. I have always said Im not afraid of the dark just whats in it. I used to have to sleep with some kind of light on. I have started to be ok with sleeping in the dark though and it dosen;t bother me most anymore. I still sometimes leave an occasional light on though.

lyricalliaisons

I've been afraid of the dark since I was about 3-4 years old and was locked out of the house at night during a thunderstorm by babysitters (who happened to be adult cousins...). I'm 30 now and still afraid.

truffleshuffle

On top of not liking the dark much I hate closets. I have no idea why I just never liked them. I always feel there someone in there waiting for me.

planemo

yep i'm afraid i am afraid ::p: of the dark still. i have to have some light when i sleep. i did grow out of the fear at one stage, where i could only sleep if it was pitch black. i'm not really sure why but i seemed to have relapsed back into my fear of the dark.

Last edited:

Littlewilly

I used to be many years ago but not anymore.
I started gradually by leaving the curtains open in my bedroom at night so the street lamp could shine in.
Now I can sleep in the darkest of rooms.:)

Last edited:

razzle dazzle rose

Yeah, I can't sleep alone in a room either without a nightlight. And if I watch anything scary during the day, forget it. I do prefer a pitch dark room though.