An update on me (for anyone who's interested)

Englishman

So for the last year and a bit I've been majorly depressed about my HH, I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and to put it lighty have been pretty much suicidal all year...

My sweating is getting worse, I used to just have palmer/plantar but now I get really bad axillary sweating and full body when I'm the slighest bit hot (face, back, legs, arse and groin!)

BUT the main reason I'm posting is because I'm SLOWLY getting better. By this I mean I'm actually starting to accept that this is reality, and I won't let it limit me anymore.. I'm going to start CBT which can't do me any harm, and I'm hassling my GP constantly in order to best available treatments possible. I'm due to get botox in my underarms soon, and trying to get perscribed Robinol which is proving tricky but I won't give up!

I don't know what has clicked but I'm starting to feel differently about my situation and life in general... Sure I'm always gonna feel at least a bit depreessed I have this, but I'm just going to concentrate on things I can do. It got that bad that I didn't have sex for nearly a year because I alientated myself that much due to my HH.. I recently hooked up with someone and it made me feel soo much better about myself... I realised that even if I can't have a relationship in life, I can still be at least sexually active and not completely deprive myself of any female attention. Sorry if that's a weird view or whatever, but I am only a teenager!

Sorry for boring you all, anyways. I'm always here for anyone who wants to talk, just taking everyday as it comes...

HHDisturbed

Great post Englishman! I have been waiting to hear you say this. :)

We all agree that HH sucks but we try to find a treatment that works best. To keep our sanity in dealing with HH we must try to be positive and proactive. There is absolutely no reason you cannot have a normal and happy life in spite of it. Remember that the only thing that truly holds us back in life is ourselves. It is how we choose to deal with life's adversities that makes all the difference.

So it is for those reasons I am so happy to hear that things are turning around for you. You are gonna be just fine!

Sprawling

I'm also happy for you Englishman. I'm glad to hear that you are ready to make changes in your life.

Remember... SAFE SEX, wear condoms and take every precaution not to receive or give any nasty diseases.

ukchick

Sooo happy for you.With your happier attitude there will only be one way to go and that's up.I hope things start to slot into place from now xxx