Am I sleeping too much?

MikeyC

I got myself into a vicious cycle for about 6months where il sleep 20+ hours a day really mean it il get up have no anything its like I been a wake all week get take away shower sleep again straight after my sleep for 20+ hours I was awake less than 2hours aday this went on for months

I sleep a lot too (10-12 hours not seldom), and if given a chance I can sleep days and nights in a row. Which I love of course.
These are unfathomable! How can someone sleep so much? :eek:

Agent_Violet

Medical research proved long ago that younger people need more sleep than 8 hours a night. Some research suggested as much as 10-12 hours of sleep is needed during your childhood,teen,and young adult years.

As you get older the need for sleep becomes less and less. Assuming you have no medical issues and no emotional issues like depression,I wouldn't worry about needing that 10hours of sleep...at least not til you're a bit older. ;)

Lea

Banned
These are unfathomable! How can someone sleep so much? :eek:

With me I guess it must be because I have adrenal insufficienty (that´s been tested). I have most of the symptoms below:

SYMPTOMS OF ADRENAL INSUFFICIENCY

Adrenal insufficiency is commonly associated with the following symptoms, which can vary from mild to extreme.

* fatigue
* decreased tolerance to cold
* poor circulation
* low blood sugar level (hypoglycemia)
* low blood pressure
* allergies
* apathy or depression
* low stamina
* low self-esteem due to low energy output
* joint aches and pains
* low levels of gastric hydrochloric acid
* tendency to constipation
* muscle weakness
* need for excessive amounts of sleep
* fears, due to low energy and secondary copper toxicity
* lowered resistance to infection
* subnormal body temperature

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/adrenal_burnout.htm

Last edited:

Quietguy11

My body is always tired too but I can sleep for a total of 15 hours a day. But lately I have been forcing myself to get up a few hours earlier because I'm pretty much up all night. I also don't get enough physical exercise in my daily routine so my body is not as energetic as it could be. But tonight was the exception tonight I went out for a walk just to get some fresh air seeing how I've pretty much been existing only in my room in front of anime and my computer. I think some form of exercise is the key to balancing your energy levels, along with diet, but from what you've said, you already got that part down pat.

Bronson99

With me I guess it must be because I have adrenal insufficienty (that´s been tested). I have most of the symptoms below:

Tea or coffee might work wonders for you.

If you don't do the caffeine thing, though, there's other things you can try. I would definitely suggest B-complex or B12 supplements.

Lea

Banned
Tea or coffee might work wonders for you.

If you don't do the caffeine thing, though, there's other things you can try. I would definitely suggest B-complex or B12 supplements.

No tea and coffee are the worst, they whip the adrenals which leads to their exhaustion even more. Also black tea is bad for anemia as it prevents assimilation of iron.

I have just found out liquorice tea should be good for this problem, as its regular use functions like mild cortisol substitution so I am going to buy it. I hope it helps me at least a bit.

Fighter86

I think your probably sleeping because of boredom since you do not have a structured routine (eg. work or school). I wouldn't worry about it though, this happens to me too when I do not have an exact routine. I don't mind and quite like sleeping, it takes my mind off problems and helps pass time.