am i a pervert?

OceanMist

I'm confused. What does OCD have to do with perversion? In my opinion, those things are separate. Idk, maybe I'm wrong.

Barry1979

I'm confused. What does OCD have to do with perversion? In my opinion, those things are separate. Idk, maybe I'm wrong.

Read the link that I posted. Those who don't have OCD are never gonna understand it but you can try I guess. You are def wrong though......

OceanMist

Read the link that I posted. Those who don't have OCD are never gonna understand it but you can try I guess. You are def wrong though......

I have mild OCD but I wouldn't define myself as a pervert. I've had perverted thoughts, but everybody has those every now and then.

mfs

hmmm well i've gotten mixed responses on the whole attracted to 12/13 question... i have no real aggressive urges or any sexual urges at all... its more of just a recognition that they can be attractive.... but i have told my therapist she thinks its OCD also... ocean mist i dont think ocd makes you perverted so i agree... i just fear i have ocd AND am a pervert.... some ppl say attraction to a 13yr old is normal barry and others say it isn't... as you can see i'm in the middle... thanks barry and oceanmist though

sullyS25

Having OCD has nothing to do with being a pervert and I am pretty sure Barry wasn't saying that having OCD and being a pervert go hand in hand.

It is about intrusive thoughts that when viewed from the outside by people without OCD, that do not understand OCD, may be viewed as perverted. I myself have had perverted thoughts as well but they do not involve 12-13 year old kids....I am not saying that is a bad thing I am saying that I don't have random thoughts about 12-13 years being attractive pop into my head unwanted.

If unwanted thoughts such as these, more perverted ones or even crazy violent thoughts that have nothing to do with perversion popped into my head and gave me a startle because I really don't enjoy thinking about those things, I would consider that I may have OCD and I would talk to someone that is more qualified to help me.

nafadda

hmmm well i've gotten mixed responses on the whole attracted to 12/13 question... i have no real aggressive urges or any sexual urges at all... its more of just a recognition that they can be attractive.... but i have told my therapist she thinks its OCD also... ocean mist i dont think ocd makes you perverted so i agree... i just fear i have ocd AND am a pervert.... some ppl say attraction to a 13yr old is normal barry and others say it isn't... as you can see i'm in the middle... thanks barry and oceanmist though

ok,i am not going to 'sugar coat' my reply..IMO that does not help people..so here goes.

I think you seem to be obsessing about a certain age,so yes I think there is something wrong and if you don't keep it in 'check' or reel it in you may end up in trouble if you start to let a need to 'act it out' ever come into play.

you are 19 ..that is an adult..what happens if at 25 you are still thinking about 12-13 year olds?? how about if you are 30 doing it?? at what point does it stop???

since you already keep asking if you are a perv,then it seems like you already know it may be starting to take on a weird factor.....if it was just one time at 19 you saw a cute 13 year old girl.that wouldn't really be a big deal,BUT you are not saying that.

I won't give anyone a green light when it comes to kids...i say let kids be kids and adults be adults and anyone can find excuses for things if thats what they want to hear.

I really doubt that one day you want to end up on a sex ual predator list because you didn't stop when you could have.

I understand sexuality is quite normal and have read Kinsey,,BUT even with that said,I'd suggest sticking with people closer to my age ,at least ones that are over 18..if you were 15 I'd say no problem,but your not.

This is just MY opinion but it's a realistic one.

Jamovik

anyone honest enough to come on to a forum and admit such "disturbing" thoughts has nothing wrong with them whatsoever!
I have. The word "pedophile" is very misused. If you are pedophile you like boys/girls that are pre-pubertal. Pedophiles lose interesting when children grow and develop characteristics of men/women.

If I see a girl that is 13-14-15 (the legal age in my country is 16) and she has curves I will get attracted to her (if I find her attractive of course :p). Girls don't become women when they are 16 only because the law says so.

Barry1979

I have mild OCD but I wouldn't define myself as a pervert. I've had perverted thoughts, but everybody has those every now and then.

U obviously do not know fully what OCD is. That is nothing even close to what I was trying to say, read up on OCD is all I can tell you. People often just think that OCD is the classic crap you see on shows about people doing rituals and checking door nobs and things over and over and over. There is a whole different type of OCD that does not get the attention that it deserves. There is nothing anyone can tell me about OCD that I dont understand, I have literally spent the last 15 years of my life dedicated to studying in and teaching myself about it.

OceanMist

U obviously do not know fully what OCD is. That is nothing even close to what I was trying to say, read up on OCD is all I can tell you. People often just think that OCD is the classic crap you see on shows about people doing rituals and checking door nobs and things over and over and over. There is a whole different type of OCD that does not get the attention that it deserves. There is nothing anyone can tell me about OCD that I dont understand, I have literally spent the last 15 years of my life dedicated to studying in and teaching myself about it.

You have a very condescending way of writing to people. Whether you are right or wrong is being clouded by your tone of your writing. I had to write something because the way your writing is directed is starting to irritate me.

It's gotten to the point where I don't really care whether you are right or wrong. I just want to stop talking about this. You've turned this into more of an attack on my intelligence than a disagreement.

Barry1979

You have a very condescending way of writing to people. Whether you are right or wrong is being clouded by your tone of your writing. I had to write something because the way your writing is directed is starting to irritate me.

It's gotten to the point where I don't really care whether you are right or wrong. I just want to stop talking about this. You've turned this into more of an attack on my intelligence than a disagreement.

LOL cool story, I feel the same about you. I have a great idea.....how about you actually know what you are talking about before jumping in and commenting on something that you know nothing about. Has it ever occured to you that maybe u came across as offensive in basically insinuating in a passive agressive style that I was saying "people who have OCD are all perverts"? Furthermore I could not care less if I have "irratated" you.

Last edited:

Jamovik

LOL cool story, I feel the same about you. I have a great idea.....how about you actually know what you are talking about before jumping in and commenting on something that you know nothing about. Has it ever occured to you that maybe u came across as offensive in basically insinuating in a passive agressive style that I was saying "people who have OCD are all perverts"? Furthermore I could not care less if I have "irratated" you.
I don't see your point, Barry. Fill in me in, okay? Do you think being a "pervert" (what kind of definition is that anyway?) is a part of OCD or not? I don't see this having anything to do with OCD. OP is just afraid he is doing something wrong.

Barry1979

I don't see your point, Barry. Fill in me in, okay? Do you think being a "pervert" (what kind of definition is that anyway?) is a part of OCD or not? I don't see this having anything to do with OCD. OP is just afraid he is doing something wrong.

I have already said it. People who have Pure-O obsess "fear" that they may turn into a sex offender, gay, killer and all sorts of things. Nobody said that if you have OCD you are automatically a pervert or even a pervert at all. The word pervert was only used by the person who started this thread....everything else written was about me trying to help this dude out by perhaps easing his mind by letting him know this is a classic and arguably the top OCD obsession with those who have Pure-O, I was replying to this thread to let the original poster know that he (since he is posting on a mental health board) more than likely just has Purely Obessional OCD and he is not a pervert or whatever it is he was worrying about attracted to underage girls.

Last edited:

OceanMist

So, you like me a lot, huh? Lol.

Thanks for attacking my intelligence again. You are really good at that. Do you feel better now?

Last edited:

Jamovik

I have already said it. People who have Pure-O obsess "fear" that they may turn into a sex offender, gay, killer and all sorts of things. Nobody said that if you have OCD you are automatically a pervert, I was replying to this thread to let the original poster know that he (since he is posting on a mental health board) more than likely just has Purely Obessional OCD and he is not a pervert or whatever it is he was worrying about attracted to underage girls.
Why is he worried? I think he's worried because people might look down on him and that it's "illegal" to have sex with girls under a certain age.

Barry1979

Why is he worried? I think he's worried because people might look down on him and that it's "illegal" to have sex with girls under a certain age.
OK I dont think that is what he means, but its not a big deal if you think that is what he meant. I seem to think he has a touch of Pure-O, the reason I say that is because I myself have it and have had it for 15 years and know how it works.

Barry1979

So, you like me a lot, huh? Lol.

Thanks for attacking my intelligence again. You are really good at that. Do you feel better now?

Well if I upset you or insulted your intelligence then I apoligize. But don't feel the need to reply to something that I posted just to tell me how I "irratated" you or how "condescending" I am when in fact trying to insult you or whatever it is you said I dont never even crossed my mind.

OceanMist

Well if I upset you or insulted your intelligence then I apoligize. But don't feel the need to reply to something that I posted just to tell me how I "irratated" you or how "condescending" I am when in fact trying to insult you or whatever it is you said I dont never even crossed my mind.

Yeah dude, it's cool. No big deal. Just a disagreement, bro. Those happen.

I wasn't trying to be insulting either.

mfs

i'm glad you guys made up... just came home to see that whole battle it was quite entertaining... so with the exception of one comment hopefully you guys don't think im a bad person or a "pervert" yes i did use that term myself but sexual fears are common and being a pervert is a way of expressing that...

OceanMist

i'm glad you guys made up... just came home to see that whole battle it was quite entertaining... so with the exception of one comment hopefully you guys don't think im a bad person or a "pervert" yes i did use that term myself but sexual fears are common and being a pervert is a way of expressing that...

Of course you aren't a bad person. Thinking something and acting on it are totally different.