Alpha Men

BDDgirl

I see Alpha males as someone like Obama (for an example). i.e. level headed, compassionate but firm and a team leader. What Honda describes in the first post is some brainless testosterone fuelled jock. Where's the attraction in that?

Diend

I don't want to attract tons of woman. I just want the one I want to settle down with. My personality has changed after I began researching why I was depressed: I found out that the mindset is the most important thing.

Honda

I would like to date several women, understand relationships better see how it goes and then i'd consider settling down.. Im not ready in anyway for such dedication..

I dont consider women objects & im sorry if i sounded offending... But i live in a place, like i said again... Where many people party brainlessly.. I respect alot of girls i know and i dont mean to say i want to end up sleeping over with any random women. That is absurd aswell.

Yet I live in a really materialistic society where people brag about how much money and the cars they have.. Dubai city... Its hard to think about settling seriously or finding someone serious enough to be-friend or settle with especially with most guys using their genitals to think and most girls being stuck up.. If you ask me, i feel completely out of place and am trying hard to blend in but i cannot... I would need to go somewhere more subtle as this wild place is not my style..

I guess most of my life revolved around meeting the wrong type people and seeing a dark side from them thats why i sound like an ******* sometimes. They were really harsh and inconsiderate..

And dubai is not a muslim conservative and all this stuff, its like singapore city... Mixed cultures but those that live for decades there just gain certain habits or attitudes..

I wouldnt like to be a copy of someone else but your surroundings impact you alot.. I have an image of me, I'd like to be...

Last edited:

Deus_Ex_Lemur

I know Alpha types who arent athletic. And are not womanizers or go out and pick up women and are constantly about sex/dating/etc. First and foremost it's attitude and sense of being and thus doing.

They just know who they are and be that way. Don't hold much back, better or worse. Also not all go to clubs and are about picking up women and Alpha doesn't = what women or about women - it has everything to do with guys interactions too.

It's the pack mentality, we are social/pack creatures. I love studying and understanding Gordan Ramsays, Obama, historical figures like Mark Antony, Patton, or whoever that are alpha types. All pretty much NOT in the exact same mold.

overcome.

I think most people view alpha males differently, in terms of their perceptions of what they'd look like, which character traits they'd have, etc. I think I'd put it down to somebody having a lot of confidence and seemingly not caring what people think, or at least doing a very good job of portraying that. From that, they get what they want most of the time. Another trait I'd mention would be their leadership characteristics.

B

Beatrice

I don't think i go around looking at anybody as alpha males, it seems like a pointless concept to make yourself feel inferior. Everyone has their weaknesses, nevermind how much attention they get from women, how load they are, or how much money they have.

This.

I've read a little bit about Game theory and Alpha males, Beta males, all that crap. Sure, it seems like a nice neat little way to categorize people, but then again, people can seem to be categorized any number of ways..... doesn't mean any one system is the best way to go about it, or that any particular system is even accurate.

coyote

This.

I've read a little bit about Game theory and Alpha males, Beta males, all that crap. Sure, it seems like a nice neat little way to categorize people, but then again, people can seem to be categorized any number of ways..... doesn't mean any one system is the best way to go about it, or that any particular system is even accurate.

exactly

there are approximately 6,775,235,700 human beings on this planet

no two are exactly alike

categories and types are meaningless

be yourself

sprouting ridiculousness

I'm not too fussed by alpha men, its the alfalfa men that have me worried
alfalfa-guatemala-men-work-survival-agriculture-people-travel_12152.jpg

Marund

I see Alpha males as someone like Obama (for an example). i.e. level headed, compassionate but firm and a team leader. What Honda describes in the first post is some brainless testosterone fuelled jock. Where's the attraction in that?

pretty much

being a dude "who gets all the ladies" just translates to this for me:

"all smart girls are biatches, why is romance so hard? why doesn't anyone stick around?"

Honda

pretty much

being a dude "who gets all the ladies" just translates to this for me:

"all smart girls are biatches, why is romance so hard? why doesn't anyone stick around?"

I guess that is true.. but thats not what i'd aim to be, Its a scenario that happens to divorced people that tend to lose their head after a failing marriage...
Sometimes 1 guy walks in and many women sitting around get attracted to his character... Im talking about real life..

the fact that you think you're entitled to 'all the women' reveals a lot =/
Reveals what? I didnt say im entitled to all women and didnt say I want to be a wild dog chasing women around... but you come to see that its hard to find someone that is actually stable, mature, understand and open minded that makes both men and women out there cold..

Feathers

I guess that is true.. but thats not what i'd aim to be, Its a scenario that happens to divorced people that tend to lose their head after a failing marriage...
Hm, not necessarily.. some guys do 'party around' and then ask themselves why a girl doesn't 'stick'.. Have you read 'The Game' by Neil Strauss? A lot of the 'pick-up artists' (even some 'best' ones) had problems in long-term relationships even if they learnt to get women attracted to them.. Different skills are needed for attracting women and for keeping long-term interest.. (But I hope you won't mis-treat the knowledge in such books or PUA skills.. use carefully, girls have souls too.. even if it doesn't seem like it..)

Sometimes 1 guy walks in and many women sitting around get attracted to his character... Im talking about real life..
Yeah, such guys may exist... handsome and/or full of energy and some extra 'something'... They can be alpha or beta or zeta I guess though.. Some seemingly 'beta' guys may have success with girls as friends or more too...

Reveals what? I didnt say im entitled to all women and didnt say I want to be a wild dog chasing women around... but you come to see that its hard to find someone that is actually stable, mature, understand and open minded that makes both men and women out there cold..

So actually your goal is to find someone that is stable, mature, understanding and open minded ? That's not a bad goal to strive for.. okay maybe depends what you mean by 'open-minded'? (Someone who lets you sleep around a lot?)

A lot of people do date several people to find someone to settle with.. Just think about it if you're okay with your maybe future wife or partner to date around a lot too, and in what ways... (You can date and have fun without jumping into bed with people too!!)

Otherwise, I agree with Pacific: sports is great, having friends or people you admire is great.. :) Just know that even if you really like and admire someone it's good to take their advice with a grain of salt and some healthy scepticism too...

If the rest of Asia is going so much into the whole materialistic thing, this does worry me a bit, yup..

I hope you manage to find some interesting and great people who are not just 'materialistic' but also may have that 'extra something' and warmth of character too!!

Last edited:

Darryl

Why does it seem that Honda now has to defend his decision?

I know you all mean well but Honda gets it!

I'm sure he has taken everything on board, he is a intelligent person.

Everyone means well, don't push him into a corner, where he will come out swinging.
Let him respect your comments as I do, everyone has made their point.

Honda

What makes it really challenging to approach women is you don't feel confident about it cuz of a long past of failures or cowardice to face situations that make you feel like you're not a worthy man for her so you'll never be able to get and settle with one without she detecting your self doubt and oneday getting sick of you and leaving you for a more stable man.... I was a coward at school, a push over, I continued so until college having a hard time recovering from the horrible past and regret of not making a stand.. Now I want to be the opposite of what I was and what is left of it inside me, I find that's the only way ill survive in life..

Last edited:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Why does it seem that Honda now has to defend his decision?

I know you all mean well but Honda gets it!

I'm sure he has taken everything on board, he is a intelligent person.

Everyone means well, don't push him into a corner, where he will come out swinging.
Let him respect your comments as I do, everyone has made their point.

I agree.

Beatmetrics

I feel those type of men only push me to be a better person in a positive way but sometimes they get to proud and start acting really bad. Then it becomes flipped and I start thinking I'm more level headed than they are. Just depends on whats going on.