Alone. Deleted.

MsBuzzkillington

Another person deleted me off their facebook friends. Big freaking surprise.

The part that sucks, is a few months ago, I really considered this person a close friend. I felt like her and her boyfriend were the only two true friends I had left. Her boyfriend, my other good friend, has OCD, so he can relate to me with having social issues.

I was helping them with some things and it got to the point where I was anxious all day, everyday. I tried talking to my friend (the guy) about it, but he told me he didn't want any drama. I kept trying to talk to his girlfriend, but she just wasn't getting it. One night I snapped and just told her how it wasn't fair how she was doing this and that, and she got mad at me and told me to talk to "Bob" and BLOCKED me on skype.

For awhile I was really upset about it. I mean, I felt betrayed too. The fact that she just got upset with me and then never talked to me about it. How I was struggling for so many months and just, that happened. She just ditched me. No one even asked why, no one even asked what happened. My friend told me he just didn't want to talk about it because he didn't want to ruin the friendship. When I was absolutely dying inside, the fact that he didn't talk about it, is probably what ruined the friendship.

I am going home for the holiday, and I am not going to tell any of my "friends" that I am going to be in town. No one gives a crap anyway. No one cares about me anymore, no one talks to me anymore. It's just *goodbye* *delete, delete, delete*

I am so lonely. I am so depressed. I hate myself.

I want one person to write me and ask me how I am doing. I want one person to tell me that they appreciate me. I want one person to be thankful I am in their lives.

I don't know how to make the effort to talk to people anymore, because they all are just going to leave.

forksandspoons

A similar thing happened to me before. My cousin that Im not that close to, invited my sister and I to be friends, sending us a message that said something like "we are related, we should be friends." She deleted me the next day. I sent her another friend request which she rejected. She kept my sister on as friends though. WTF!?!?

Facebook isn't as painful as myspace top friends was though. Seeing where you rank with people you think are good friends can really hurt a person with SA.

schist

Unfortunately, you found out the hard way how people really are. Most of the people you think are your friends are just there to use you, then ditch you when they're done.

Friends/people that genuinely care about you are one in a billion.

LycraPantiies92

Unfortunately, you found out the hard way how people really are. Most of the people you think are your friends are just there to use you, then ditch you when they're done.

Friends/people that genuinely care about you are one in a billion.
Oh too right. ::(:
I've had this a lot on social networking. It'd maybe be better not using these sites.

I know how you feel.
When I visit the town I grew up in, I don't tell anyone I am there.
I used to have friends but then one day I got depressed and stopped talking to people. No one called or anything.
I had the same number(still do) and lived in the same house, but none of my friends tried to contact me. This went on for a year until I moved.
Anyway I went back to visit for a month at my moms house during the summer, and never left the freaking house.
Maybe they feel I didn't try to contact them either, but anytime we would hang out I would always be the one to call, and when I stopped the friendships ended.
I have a really hard time making new friends b/c of these people. :/

Bustn Justin

I find that ppl are my friend only when its convenient for them. Had this happen so much that I just don't even try anymore. I just go home after work and stay there.

Minty

Gah... I have a problem with passive people. To me, you're not really a friend if you run away when I confront you with an issue we're having. Issues kill friendships and I see confrontation as an attempt to take care of the issues and build good communication. People who can't take it really bother me. Like, they'd rather lose you and let the friendship slowly die than have a semi-intimidating conversation with you.

They choose their own comfort over the friendship. Literally.

MsBuzzkillington

As much as it hurts when people leave me, I wonder how much of it is my fault.

How bad of a person am I? Maybe they are up and leaving because I am treating them badly without knowing it. I want the best for everyone, but maybe sometimes I am being selfish. I wish people would tell me when I was doing something wrong, so I could correct it. I wish they would tell me when I was being selfish, so I would realize which things I am doing that are selfish, and correct them.

I also have a really big problem with... running away when things are unclean. I don't have any close friends or people to IM on a regular basis, but I had been going into a chatroom for a couple months. I chatted with them and I was comfortable enough. Then something just happened tonight... where I was like holy crap, these people don't actually like me.

So I left. Logged out. The thought about going back in there to talk with everyone just scares me, I think...they hate me.

I feel super uncomfortable now.

But I wish one of them would be like, hey? where were ya? Missed ya in there tonight!

That never happens. I can feel it happening. I am going to do it again. Completely withdrawal and never talk to those people again. Eventually, a few months from now, they will have forgotten about me.

I just realized that I have the same name there as I do here. I hope no one googles me and freaking finds this place. geez.

Lea

Banned
Gah... I have a problem with passive people. To me, you're not really a friend if you run away when I confront you with an issue we're having. Issues kill friendships and I see confrontation as an attempt to take care of the issues and build good communication. People who can't take it really bother me. Like, they'd rather lose you and let the friendship slowly die than have a semi-intimidating conversation with you.

They choose their own comfort over the friendship. Literally.

Well said, unfortunately. I think people should treat right everyone regardless of if they personaly like them, and regardless of how useful they think they might be to them.

You see often disrespect and irresponsibility between people.. for example recently I should have been handed over a job by someone who was finishing. He plainly didn't turn up. The agency people said it was probably because he was divorcing but what does it have to do with his work? He didn't even pick up the phone to apologize.. Many people are burdened with personal issues but it can't be an excuse for neglecting their job (unless they directly excuse themselves).

Or people, who hand over their flat in terrible condition, not bothering anymore with cleaning. What message does this leave to their follower?

People, who steal.. it's a sneaky way of hurting someone too, one of the worst kinds..

Any kind of lies, betrayal, dishonesty fall in this category - passive damage to other people - not wanting to deal with the truth, choosing own comfort over other people.

On the other hand, I also know people who tend to demand too much of your time and attention. They call several times a day, keep talking for hours.. with no intention whatever, they talk about their problems but are offended when you suggest a solution, refuse when you offer a help. One girl like this told me: I don't want any solution, there is no solution for me, all I want is empathy.. But what she didn't consider was, she was taking all my time away, I couldn't do anything else apart spending days with her on the phone. I feel she was trying to take advantage of the fact that I don't turn people away.. If people are like this, no wonder they make others to push them away eventually... Not saying this is the case of OP, nevertheless I needed to point it out too.