Afraid I won't have children

TreeBones

I'm only 16 so by no means do I want children right now...At All! But I was thinking about the future the other day and wondering if I will ever get to have any of my own. I use to absolutely think I didn't want kids for various reasons but somehow my mind has been changed, mostly because I realized I want someone who is a part of me in the world. Anyways I don't think I will ever be able to have my own children and its really upsetting. I could easily just sleep with some random people when I'm older and try to get pregnant but that's just wrong and I don't want my child to have a life like that. and If I have a kid, the child will also be half of that person. I know by todays standards it sounds a bit corny but I want to be in love with someone before anything, and with SA I don't think that will ever happen. I want to have my own family one day so badly.

Sounds very mature to be coming from a 16 year old. Not many people seem to think like that anymore. I have three children and when people realize that they are all full siblings- same mom and dad, they remark how rare that is these days. If you want a child I'd say it'll happen in good time. :thumbup:

TreeBones

Sounds very mature to be coming from a 16 year old. Not many people seem to think like that anymore. I have three children and when people realize that they are all full siblings- same mom and dad, they remark how rare that is these days. If you want a child I'd say it'll happen in good time. :thumbup:

you think so ? thank you :)

Flanscho

Well, of course you can think about such stuff, but you can still become easily more than twice as old as you are, and still have kids. And you will be a totally different person by then.

TreeBones

Well, of course you can think about such stuff, but you can still become easily more than twice as old as you are, and still have kids. And you will be a totally different person by then.

yea, but no matter how much I'll grow, I don't think I'll ever grow out of SA.

DeadmanWalking

The future is unpredictable; sometimes, the most unexpected things happen. I can't tell you how many times I've said "I'll never be able to do this", then, some time later, I prove myself wrong. So, keep fighting your SA. Even if it doesn't go away, that doesn't mean that you won't be able to talk to anyone. Just because you're afraid of something doesn't mean that you won't be able to do it. It's all about facing your fears.

You'll find a partner. It may take some time though, so just keep working on yourself and living a happy life. Romance and love, those will work themselves out in due time,

TreeBones

The future is unpredictable; sometimes, the most unexpected things happen. I can't tell you how many times I've said "I'll never be able to do this", then, some time later, I prove myself wrong. So, keep fighting your SA. Even if it doesn't go away, that doesn't mean that you won't be able to talk to anyone. Just because you're afraid of something doesn't mean that you won't be able to do it. It's all about facing your fears.

You'll find a partner. It may take some time though, so just keep working on yourself and living a happy life. Romance and love, those will work themselves out in due time,

Yes I suppose you're right. I can't imagine it, but I know it's possible. thank you :)

Flanscho

I thought so too. When I was a teenager, it was impossible for me to imagine to have a regular job, my own place to live at, a circle of good friends. But over the years I got that stuff. You can too. Just don't hide all your life, but try to find what is important to you.

TreeBones

I thought so too. When I was a teenager, it was impossible for me to imagine to have a regular job, my own place to live at, a circle of good friends. But over the years I got that stuff. You can too. Just don't hide all your life, but try to find what is important to you.

yeah, that's exactly how I feel right now aha :ironicsmile: I sure hope you're right. thank you :)

GhastlyCC

Don't stress too much over the future.
There's no telling who or how you will be that far into the future or even just a year from now.
You're very young and very mature for your age.
You have plenty of room and time to grow.

I don't think your beliefs are corny at all.
In these days where babies(Not literal ofcourse) are hellbent on having babies or just careless,it's nice to hear a young person(I sound like an old man)think this way.

Women can have children up until about their 40's.
That's more than your entire life to this point doubled.
Think of all that you've learned in these years that you've been alive and how you've developed as a person.
Now think of how much you will continue to grow in another 16.
All the people you will meet...

Kiwong

Life can change, dreams can come true. Keep working towards your dream step by small step. You can't always see what is coming in life, but it doesn't always have to be feared. I hope your dream to have children comes true.

TreeBones

Don't stress too much over the future.
There's no telling who or how you will be that far into the future or even just a year from now.
You're very young and very mature for your age.
You have plenty of room and time to grow.

I don't think your beliefs are corny at all.
In these days where babies(Not literal ofcourse) are hellbent on having babies or just careless,it's nice to hear a young person(I sound like an old man)think this way.

Women can have children up until about their 40's.
That's more than your entire life to this point doubled.
Think of all that you've learned in these years that you've been alive and how you've developed as a person.
Now think of how much you will continue to grow in another 16.
All the people you will meet...
hahaha, you don't sound like an old man. thank you very much :)

Life can change, dreams can come true. Keep working towards your dream step by small step. You can't always see what is coming in life, but it doesn't always have to be feared. I hope your dream to have children comes true.
thank you :) .. me too ..