about this website?

bluemoonrising

Although this site can be comforting when you read about all the thousands of other people who feel exactly the way you do, don't you find it can also have the opposite effect, and make you feel even more down? I'm just wondering...it has that effect on me occasionally, though I'm not knocking it this is a great place :)

To be honest, sometimes it does make me feel worse. But that's mostly when I'm fed up with my negativity and can't really handle anyone else's. During those times I choose to go offline for a while, or just look at the positive and fun(ny) threads. ;3

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Not really, I don't think so... I think I'd feel worse if I didn't come here, even if it's just to lurk.

Squishy

Yeah I only come on when it makes me feel better becasue I know I'm not the only one. But then for long periods it makes me feel worse because it shows the reality of how bad SA can be so I stop coming on. I've only just come back on today for that reason.

KiaKaha

Banned
Sometimes...looking at this site from an outside perspective it is incredibly depressing. All these people on here have these problems and there is nothing you can really do or say that can make people feel better. I can understand why I am the kind of person people like to avoid because I look so unhappy all the time, and its the same on here.

But on the flipside, if this site didnt exist, I think we would all be a lot worse off....social anxiety has a tendency to trick you into thinking that you are all alone in the world.

Rembrandt Broam

It never makes me feel worse. I either feel the same or a little better. There are a lot of interesting people on here, and reading what they have to say usually makes me feel better than I would be feeling otherwise.

davidburke

if i come on here too much sometimes it makes me feel worse but i don't know what i would do without this place :)

mrb

i live here in the spw server :) its my home ... in fact im thinking about getting some curtains for the place :) some flowery ones would be nice ::p:

Uber Schnitzel

I think this site does do a lot of good, but I can't deny that it's hard to watch (well read about) people I've come to care about going through hell. Sometimes it's heart-breaking to hear what others are going through.

Damaged

No, i don't think it has a negative effect on me what so ever. As previous comments say it is upsetting to hear what some people are going through but im a very positive person so i see it as i can maybe help them try be more positive.
This site has helped me a hell of a lot.

mrb

I think this site does do a lot of good, but I can't deny that it's hard to watch (well read about) people I've come to care about going through hell. Sometimes it's heart-breaking to hear what others are going through.

yea i know what you mean ::(: all i can do is try to cheer people up ;) or at least try .... but yes its heartbreaking what you read on here sometimes .. sa sucks or depression ... you just have to try to fight it and hope it will get better ... its an endless battle sometimes , but having said that all are here for support , and hopefully with advice it might get better over time ;)