40 year old virgin

Tab

Which is what i will be in 20 years. I'll be 20 in September and I've never been in a relationship or even tried. I know I've mentioned it many times before but if a girl becomes even a little interested in me i can't stand it and I'll avoid it. Don't know why.

So ya, I think I've created the perfect situation in my head of the girl of my dreams and living happily ever after that I can't settle for anything but that. thats the reason why i won't ever have sex, have a girl friend, or get married.

Tab said:
So ya, I think I've created the perfect situation in my head of the girl of my dreams and living happily ever after that I can't settle for anything but that. thats the reason why i won't ever have sex, have a girl friend, or get married.

Everyone has to have standards.

schnookie

Maybe focusing less on the perfect situation and more on those around you would help with your results. I don't think there is any perfect relationship or person. Everyone is going to have their quirks.

Satine

D'you know, that being in a relationship isn't perfect - there are all kinds of foibles, extras, odd bits and pieces that you didn't realise would happen. Being in a relationship might not be what you think it is. But it's well worth going for. Even the dischord can be helpful.

So don't worry about perfection - that comes with inperfection, strangely enough. Go out there and take a few risks, if remaining a virgin bothers you. The imaginary girlfriend in your head will always be there if you want her, but you might find she recedes and you don't mind all that much if you find a real-life girl.

Trust me, couplehood is great! Try it.

Lexmark

Well for starters woman are......
There over emotional and irrational
So as a guy you need to know we are the stronger sex haha
And if you cant get a root just go to a brothel then your first one is out of the way and you may have more confidence.

DaDahhhhDaDaDa

This probably won't be any comfort but in my first semester at Uni I got to know quite a few woman, and in getting to know them I'm no longer as eager to get into a relationship as I was a few months ago.

I've met real bitches, "hetrophobics", man haters, crazy feminists, women who don't shave, chain smokers and more. This is offset of course by the attractive ones but these unattractive women really woke me the hell up and told me to wait until I meet a decent woman. This is the biggest irony because just a few months back I would have jumped at the chance, but now the chance is obvious, right there and I won't take it.

I don't know what your standards are but I know mine, and I won't break them for any reason.

Satine

Lexmark said:
Well for starters woman are......
There over emotional and irrational
So as a guy you need to know we are the stronger sex haha

I think you're generalising.

CrystalBear

Its good to have standards but youll never find anyone if you're expecting the perfect person. You'd probably feel more comfortable around women who arnt MissAmerica and normal flawed beings anyway.

Honestly many people are overly picky simply because "she/hes not good enough" feels better on our ego than "Im too anxious/they might not like me/ect."

Argamemnon said:
I would be perfectly happy, if I met an average looking girl who has a nice personality!

I wish I felt that way, because I feel desensitized by the media more each day about a girl's looks, and my standards keep getting higher and more unrealistic. It sucks.

faithnomore

Banned
Day_Tripper said:
Argamemnon said:
I would be perfectly happy, if I met an average looking girl who has a nice personality!

I wish I felt that way, because I feel desensitized by the media more each day about a girl's looks, and my standards keep getting higher and more unrealistic. It sucks.

I too would like a "normal" girl. It's impossible though, because womens standards are sky high these days. I'm completely open to nice ladies...
I'd say i'm an average guy, and i have had no luck what-so-ever. Its insane!

Generical

I screw my self over most times, i dunno i'm starting to think i'm just really self centered..absorbed? (something with self in it) with stuff like this, which i guess isn't suprising seeming im always in my head.

I mean the few chances i've had i've always thought what other people think of the person more than what i think...so what people would think of me being with this person. In year 10 (4 years ago ish) there was a girl who i think liked me, well, she said she thought i was 'nice' lol and forgetting the shyness bit (not being able to actually speak to her) i didn't try anything because my friends didn't think much of her....stupid i know. Anyways now she's considered to be one of the prettiest people! and i'm thinking well she's just as pretty as before, how the hell have they suddenly decided she's hot?!

So ya..damn frustrating, i dunno maybe i just used the excuse of my friends not liking her to ease the fact that i didn't have the cojones to do anything about it....

...Something i need to work on ^^

siren_0_0

In my experience, good looking guys are usually kind and sensitive as well and not too superficial in the looks department when it comes to choosing the girl they want to be with.

The not-so-good-looking ones with extroverted and charming personalities are the ones with high standards when it comes to women, and those same guys usually turn out to be assholes in disguise the end and treat women horribly.

Whatever you do, if you think you are having bad luck with the ladies, don't compensate by becoming an asshole to females.

It might work with a certain type of women but you will never get a quality gf who will love you for who you are.

Kien

Looking at it atm. I feel like I will be like that, with the difference that I will not have any real friends at all and don't have money to buy all those stuff. i would like to have a collection of military and hunting knifes though. :3

lonelywolf

yeah this a great film steve carrell is brilliant as the shy man whos never had sex most people on the forum can identify im sure with him and his attempts by his mates to set him up it is a real feel good movie with a messege that even later in life you can still find somebody to love:)

iamthenra

I'm afraid what if that becomes me...:(

Too late for me... I'm 41 and still without a girlfriend... Sweet 41 and never been kissed... Uhhhh, I thought that was for 16 year olds, not 41 year olds? intense fear and SA keeps my body "pure", just not my mind.... hehe! My bad?