You celebrate holidays?

Niceguy23

Do you get more depressed during holidays? do you celebrate it or is it just like any other day?

Regret93

Like any other day to me. This time of year is abundant with fake happiness and friendliness.

Livemylife

This is the first year I've spent holidays completely alone. If you knew my family, you'd know that it's actually better for me to be by myself. For Thanksgiving I did make a fancier meal than usual, and I ate turkey. For Christmas I will splurge on myself and probably make a nice meal. I acknowledge it's the holidays, I don't necessarily feel cheerier.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Depressed as f**k! But tae me, it's just like any other day. Except you've got tae fake a smile, pretend yer happy, etc. Celebrating just gives ya a reason tae get steaming drunk. As if ah need a reason tae drink, being Scottish 'n' all. :sarcastic: That's just wee jokey joke tae lighten the mood.

Granteed ah'd probably celebrate Christmas, if it was'nae the same every year. Ah got bored o' it when ah was a teenager. Am no' sayin' it's borin'. Just... Y'know, huvin' summit different fur Christmas dinner would be nice idea. Ah know... "it's tradition". But could ye no' change it up a wee bit, instead o' it always being the same? Just sayin'...

tumblr_my3i5g3bpG1qz6f9yo1_500.jpg

GraybeardGhost

Holidays are for people who have people with whom to celebrate holidays.

I have no family deserving of the name, and the two friends who on rare occasions drag me out of my cave abstain from such things on religious grounds. They would be quite offended if I were to suggest that we do something festive in observance of the season. So, no parties, no cards, no gifts, no trees, no lights, no happy holidays for Graybeard. :sad:

I often think about going to church on Christmas Eve, just by myself, as I do miss the music and pageantry of my youth, but I have a hunch there may be people there, so that's out, too.

On the plus side, though, I always have my Christmas shopping done before I ever begin. :thumbup: