Wtf do i do!?

Try and lie!

Well there's two basic options. You can try, or you can give up. I don't know how much you have actually tried, but it's the most frustrating thing in the world. It's just there's a big difference between actually trying and ending up nowhere, and already claiming that there's nowhere to go so you're stuck there anyways.

FOR REAL

Banned
Re: Try and lie!

Well there's two basic options. You can try, or you can give up. I don't know how much you have actually tried, but it's the most frustrating thing in the world. It's just there's a big difference between actually trying and ending up nowhere, and already claiming that there's nowhere to go so you're stuck there anyways.

ive read a few posts youve responded to, including my ones (purple writing) your probably about half my age but you seem really intelligent. how come you know all this stuff?

anyway back to the thread, i dont really have an answer.
its like banging your head against a brick wall
just stick in there

DaaaBulls

What have you tried and failed at? Everyone fails. I know it is lame and I roll my eyes every time I hear these types of quotes but remember that in baseball if you fail 7 out of 10 times at the plate and only get a hit 3 times you are considered a really good hitter. Or how about the Michael Jordan one where he says that... Hahah actually if you look at all his quotes they talk about failure:

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. "

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

"I've never been afraid to fail."

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."

"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."

These may not help, but he is the greatest basketball player to ever play the game. Life is def. harder than basketball, but he isn't just talking about basketball in these quotes. (Black player trying to play a white man's game in North Carolina, you do the math)

206Raider

yeah, the problem is WE are consistantly thinking that we always fail and think about our failure but never move on. It's like we lost too much at life with and didn't have enough wins.

Richey

Thomas Edison Tried around one thousand times before his experiment paid off? alot of people would have quit after the second shot but he kept going until his idea succeeded, by the way he didnt fail he merely found 999 outcomes that didn't work out.

you have tor realise that failure doesn't exist unless that's how you define an outcome because failure is an end to a means which is just to give up if it doesn't turn out how you want it to.

i think the problem is that the modern day adult of the past forty years has been brought up and conditioned that failure is not acceptable! in our culture which totally defeats the purpose. so people end up feeling that rejection is a horrible thing. and that failure is inexcusable.

our state of mind and beliefs are twisted the wrong way.

if you dont reach the outcome you aim for after the first or second go it isn't failure in fact you end up learning from the situation until you reach the outcome you are after and you've takent he steps to reach that goal.

we are brought up in a very dangerous culture that is guiding people the wrong way that is why there is so much excessive dysfuction and so many people are on prozac and need counseling.

people are teaching their kids in a completely wrong method, does this mean they failed? no it just means that their education is lacking and needs adjusting until they learn a more useful outlook and state of mind however it would save alot of people and time if we just learnt proper philosophy and psychology and how to view the world properly from an early age

i'll say it again, there are no failures but only results, because if you try something and it doesnt go your way you can try for a new result and another result

Last edited:

Richey

I can assure you that if you came home from university and informed your parents or a friend that you got 20 out of 100 on an assignment their reaction would be that "you failed" rather than "it was a poor result". Because you'll be given the option to try again and again until you do pass. so the reactions of important people in your life also effects how you think and act yourself and its a dangerous cycle. its one of the major reasons that people develop mental health issues because they lose belief in their own abilities. why did they lose belief in themselves in the first place? because they feel like a failure. this breeds hopelessness, low sef-esteem ....

do you see what i'm getting at here?

its all in our heads, if we were thrown in prison for a minor incident or something wasn't our fault tommorrow we'd probably believe there is no going back and that life is over or we've failed life.

think about bill gates, nelson mandaler, peter doherty, all have criminal records but look at their lives, not for one moment did it hold them back

so the REAL issue is also sensitivity to our surroundings and environment, how many friends we have, our appearance, our education, work experience, others opinions.

many people see the failure of not having friends as the end, but how many are trying until they make a friend?

so its all about the Edison theory, thats how we should all live with that mindset.

Last edited:

Richey

What have you tried and failed at? Everyone fails. I know it is lame and I roll my eyes every time I hear these types of quotes but remember that in baseball if you fail 7 out of 10 times at the plate and only get a hit 3 times you are considered a really good hitter. Or how about the Michael Jordan one where he says that... Hahah actually if you look at all his quotes they talk about failure:

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. "

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

"I've never been afraid to fail."

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."

"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."

These may not help, but he is the greatest basketball player to ever play the game. Life is def. harder than basketball, but he isn't just talking about basketball in these quotes. (Black player trying to play a white man's game in North Carolina, you do the math)

That is why Michael Jordan was so successful as a basketball player because the amount of energy he poored into the sport was so utterly excessive and he practiced for hours and hours every day, if he missed a shot or wasn't happy with a result he'd keep going until reached it and he never thought about failure as an outcome even if the result didnt match his idea of success every single time he made a play, you could say he had certain genetic advantages however larry bird wan't exactly athletic and had a similar amount of drive to never feel the fear of failure.

DaaaBulls

To expand on something someone else said earlier in this thread, the idea of learning from your mistakes and failures. A good example is tonight I was out working out and had conversation(s) with some people there and did not handle myself the way I wanted to. Back 4-5 months ago I would have beat myself up over it and replayed it a thousand times in my head. Instead, I have decided that I am not learning from my mistakes and I just used to continue making them over and over again. I now look at it like nothing is permanent, a single encounter, a conversation, anything. They can be learning tools or stepping stones to fix what it is we do not like. It may take some time but each time I can learn from these experiences and it makes the next time even easier.