Wow I really f***ed up

combat

So I like this girl at work, we went out to some bars tonight as a group with a bunch of coworkers, I got totally drunk, tried to dance with her when she was dancing with some other dude, I told her "I'm dancing with you now," she said "no, I'm dancing with this guy right now," and then I basically kept telling her to "go f*** yourself." Repeatedly. I don't even know how many times. I guess it was funny at first, but then it wasn't, she got really upset, a couple of guys told me I should leave, which I did (with a buddy), and now I don't know what to do. I left her a voicemail to apologize. But I really feel bad now. Apparently she was crying and sh** after I left.

I can't believe I'm that a**hole. What the hell do I do now??? I can't believe I made a girl cry. :confused: ::(:

Last edited:

missjesss

Banned
an apology should be enough also make it clear to her that you got a little too drunk and if tyou were not in that state it wouldnt have happened dont go beating urself up about it!

Basically you were a typical ******* who couldn't hold his liquor. Hopefully you learned something from this experience. My advice, is to not to let it bother you that much. It's over and done with. Apologize ( you already did), and forgive yourself. Not much more you can do.

Well, maybe in the future, you can consider giving up liquor if it causes you to behave erratically at times.

Feathers

yup, don't get so drunk anymore... or don't even drink at all in her presence... or at all..
(specific forms of liquor can be worse than others too) stay away from sugary drinks too.. and make sure you eat, at least..

you could also tell her it's because you like her a lot, but that you understand if she doesn't want to have anything with you from now on.. (she may understand it a bit better this way, but she still may not like you and might like that other guy or someone else better, so be ready for anything...)

a guy who was hitting on my coz all night sent her a nasty text to f-off, when she didn't want to do something he wanted her to (it was too soon anyway), and we thought it was really rude, he basically lost all chance he might have had.. If he really apologized it might have been better.. (they were still not very compatible though and she was still not over her ex then..)
so while you may have ruined your chance with that girl, it might be a really good lesson to not do it again and to behave better with other girls..

Last edited:

punklove

Awwww :(
Just tell her that you really are sorry you were just too drunk and got carried away.

combat

Apparently she was *really* upset. I singlehandedly ruined her night. So anyway, I apologized. Didn't elaborate, just said "I owe you an apology. I'm really sorry." I figured it was pointless to try to make excuses because there is no excuse.

I don't think I'll be going out anywhere again for a while. I'm such an antisocial broken person, this just proves that I should keep to myself and stop trying so hard to interact with females. This is depressing as hell, I feel like the worst person in the world and I don't know how to make it stop. ::(:

coyote

I don't think I'll be going out anywhere again for a while. I'm such an antisocial broken person, this just proves that I should keep to myself and stop trying so hard to interact with females. This is depressing as hell, I feel like the worst person in the world and I don't know how to make it stop. ::(:

Try it again without the alcohol - it may go a little better

Feathers

Try it again without the alcohol - it may go a little better

Yup, I second that!! You can be a great guy but the alcohol can make a mess out of you, you know? !!

Also might wanna read some manuals on how to approach women - the nice way?

combat

Yup, I second that!! You can be a great guy but the alcohol can make a mess out of you, you know? !!

Also might wanna read some manuals on how to approach women - the nice way?

I've read manuals. They never work for me.

combat

Maybe you read the wrong ones? :)

Maybe. Or maybe there just is no manual to teach someone who is obviously missing something in his mind when it comes to these things. It just clicks for other people. Not for me. I think this is why I self-destructed last night. I was getting mad at myself and took it out on this girl. F*** my life.

Satine

So I like this girl at work, we went out to some bars tonight as a group with a bunch of coworkers, I got totally drunk, tried to dance with her when she was dancing with some other dude, I told her "I'm dancing with you now," she said "no, I'm dancing with this guy right now," and then I basically kept telling her to "go f*** yourself." Repeatedly. I don't even know how many times. I guess it was funny at first, but then it wasn't, she got really upset, a couple of guys told me I should leave, which I did (with a buddy), and now I don't know what to do. I left her a voicemail to apologize. But I really feel bad now. Apparently she was crying and sh** after I left.

I can't believe I'm that a**hole. What the hell do I do now??? I can't believe I made a girl cry. :confused: ::(:

Oh combat, mate. I feel your pain. Not for this situation exactly, but for similar experiences.

Look, I'm female and have had men play the 'possession' card over me, so that's the perspective I'm answering from. I'd say that you may have scared her off permanently - so I'd suggest that you apologise the way you see fit (face to face should be fine, but try not to get too impassioned about it), and do your best to move on.

I hope she learns to relax around you again.

honeydippedxo

Its really not that big of a deal. we have all made drunken aszholes of ourselfs once or twice in our life (atleast those of us who drink) just dont get a bad rep for it and you'll be fine. sometimes alcohol makes are night horrible instead of more fun but hey thats life. if she doesnt forgive you then shes not even your friend and not worth you getting so upset over her. its her problem that she let what you said ruin her night even after you left. i dont know you guys but knowing females she probably just liked all the attention so she made it seem worse than it really was. if you do like this girl and you still wanna try to get with her dont act like you're dying over this. girls do not respect guys that like them too much. if she knows she can have you, you will just become a toy to her. this stands true with even the sweetest of women. people take advantage of others even when they dont notice they're doing it. get back up and try again! dont give up.

U

userremoved

Yep, been there and done that too. My best advice is that if you're gonna drink when you're out socializing: 1. make sure you don't have any unresolved issues because they will surface eventually, 2. don't drink until you're drunk, only enough to loosen up then stop, 3. if you find yourself getting unexpectly upset by someone, go outside and cool off and 4. don't go out drinking with people that you can't completely trust. Doing all that will save you a lot of drama in the future.

Also in my opinion, if you're out somewhere with a girl you like and shes not your GF and there are other single guys with you, expect competition. If you want her undivided attention then a one on one date is probably the best route, but if you've got other dudes there don't be surprised if shes not totally focused on you.

coyote

Yep, been there and done that too. My best advice is that if you're gonna drink when you're out socializing: 1. make sure you don't have any unresolved issues because they will surface eventually, 2. don't drink until you're drunk, only enough to loosen up then stop, 3. if you find yourself getting unexpectly upset by someone, go outside and cool off and 4. don't go out drinking with people that you can't completely trust. Doing all that will save you a lot of drama in the future.

Also in my opinion, if you're out somewhere with a girl you like and shes not your GF and there are other single guys with you, expect competition. If you want her undivided attention then a one on one date is probably the best route, but if you've got other dudes there don't be surprised if shes not totally focused on you.

that's a bingo!

i know it may seem hard to do right now, but try not to beat yourself up over this...we've all made drunken mistakes(well most), i've done somthing very similar myself....people forgive and forget, she might never want to date you after this, but becoming friends once again is sure to happen in time...this has been my experiance in this sort of thing anyway.

combat

i know it may seem hard to do right now, but try not to beat yourself up over this...we've all made drunken mistakes(well most), i've done somthing very similar myself....people forgive and forget, she might never want to date you after this, but becoming friends once again is sure to happen in time...this has been my experiance in this sort of thing anyway.

Forget about dating, I just can't stop feeling like a horrible person and it's depressing me.