Would any girls date someone with ocd?

Undead

Im scared to approch girls because i have ocd and i wont know how to tell them that i suffer from it.

IDK94657

Im scared to approch girls because i have ocd and i wont know how to tell them that i suffer from it.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell my brother. In reality nothing should be kept from the one your wanting to date or actually dating, but initially I think you should just leave it out of the relationship. Maybe when you guys get a little deeper into the relationship go ahead and tell her. :)

Dudley

Yeah, keep it under wraps for a while at first. When you feel you can trust someone or that they would understand (more people have anxiety disorders than you would think!) then you can tell them nice and calm and collected. Don't make the mistake I did and just blurt it out.

Undead

Guessed=Yes i would date a girl with ocd because i understand what shes going thru

IDK94657=Yeah but do you think its cool if i dont tell her at all

Dudley=What happened when you told her?

IDK94657

Guessed=Yes i would date a girl with ocd because i understand what shes going thru

Honestly it's up to you. I would want to, because I'd feel guilty not telling her sooner. But I withheld the fact from my current girlfriend and when I told her it just made her closer to me.

Dudley

Well, I was terrified because I didn't know what she would think of me. I told her and she was really helpful and understanding at first. Later she started suggesting that religion would help me through it. She brought this up pretty much every time I mentioned OCD, which really bothered me because she knew my stance on religion (one of the reasons we broke up). At one point it just sounded like I was annoying her when I would talk about my anxiety, so I didn't bring it up again.

But don't let one bad example spoil it for you. If it gets to the point that you both love each other, it's just best not to have any secrets.

LadyWench

Of course! If anything, that would be wonderful for me. I have major OCD. It'd be nice to date someone that can relate.

Sinar_Matahari

Not trying to sound cool but i have had a few women willing to date me after i told them everything about my illness. I chose not to because i knew how difficult it would be on them.

That's becaues you are a cool guy!

To answer the OP's question. I don't see why I wouldn't date a guy with OCD. I don't have it but I don't see the big deal. My brother has OCD and I may very well have developed it myself. I'd take a nice guy with OCD over an asshole without it any day.

Last edited:

Rubent100

That's becaues you are a cool guy!

To answer the OP's question. I don't see why I wouldn't date a guy with OCD. I don't have it but I don't see the big deal. My brother has OCD and I may very well have developed it myself. I'd take a nice guy with OCD over an asshole without it any day.

From my experience it has always been the other way around. Some women like the asshole type of person, it's like a moth to a flame. And i have been told this countless times by women. They feel protected some how. I have even been told to be a little more aggressive..? I guess the nice guy finishes last still applies to some women.

typewriterx

Yes, of course. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
If I were you, it wouldn't be one of the first things I told her, just because it's something sorta personal. [That's just me though; if you feel comfortable opening up to her about it right away, or feel that that's the best thing to do, go for it!]
Although, after a while &when you're comfortable with her, let her know, since it's a part of you &maybe it help her to know you a bit better. Everybody has their own little idiosyncrasies; maybe she'll then share something more personal about herself.

katrinka

I don’t have OCD, but I don’t see anything wrong with it – most people have some kind of personal issues they’re dealing with, and I don’t see OCD as being any different.

The only thing about dating though is (like others have said) that it’s better to hold off on telling someone until you’ve gotten to know each other pretty well. It’s not that OCD is anything to be ashamed of, but rather, it’s not a good idea in general to talk about personal issues or struggles with someone new. It could give you an unwanted label (“the guy with OCD”) that would overshadow your true personality before you even get a chance to show it off, or it could give them the impression that you’re unstable or looking for someone to be your therapist.

All you need to do is have fun and be yourself – when you meet the right girl, she’ll understand!

I know dating can be hard when dealing with things like this, but if you hang in there, it will all be worth it!

frogger

one of the first replies here made me think in a different way and open my eyes. Before I was being pretty selfish and mad at the world for not accepting me. Putting myself in someone else's shoes however, I know how hard it would be in my particular case for someone to deal with my illness. I personally have to accept that I am not ready for any relationships.

mostly my lovers are friends before they are anything else..some of them i told..some i didnt.they accepted it.but never asked questions..they didnt really understand.some of them joked with me about it.a guy i dated for a year was use to my habbits..so he often would do things a certain way for me..like i did it. so it was kinda nice. ive never had someone not date me though or back away for having OCD...its a common spoken dissorder.but alot of people dont understand it. i just make surei tell them im not PEOPLE obsessive..lol..i dont want there misunderstandings to go like that...

Nicholas

I don't think OCD is a big problem when dating someone, unless you have specific obsessions that would make it impossible for you to approach a girl until you overcame them.
Hyperhidrosis would be much worse, but I won't complain about it here. Should I open a very similar thread about HH? I don't even feel like it, lol. I would get pissed because I'd get tons of lies and hypocritical answers.