World population to hit 7 billion

It's good to be passionate.

And if the governments weren't there, it would be possible for people to expand outward from the smaller countries, rather than try to fit twice as many people within the same invisible, ambiguous border.

Also, Africa wouldn't just grow "some" crops. It's all (except the two deserts) very fertile land, thus all the jungle. Prime real estate, really.

But those deserts are ****ing huge! And water would be an issue. Well, it would be a bigger issue than it already is.

This is starting to hurt my brain. I think I'm down for the night. ;)

No prob. I tend to lose all sense of tact when discussing things I think are important. As for #1, Antibiotic Resistance (Drug Resistance, Antimicrobial Resistance) Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention on MedicineNet.com. My mom is an RN and says to look up MRSA and VRE. #2, yes of course, but it's the back and forth on the weather that is scary. Have you ever had a blizzard and then a tornado within a week of each other? And the severity with which so many of these natural disasters happens alarms me. #3, I will concede that bad crops happen. A lot.

The drug thing is a result of natural selection, also nothing new. The only thing keeping newer medicines that target these evolved microbes is (wait for it...) governments! The FDA, specifically, keeps new drugs from coming to market for decades after their development, which is also why they're so expensive.

Very few people have had tornadoes and blizzards within a week of each other, but it's still not really anything new. Also, the only month of the year in which Wisconsin hasn't had snow is July, and we're not that far north of you FIBs. Weather, particularly in the midwest, has always been finicky.

Many of your arguments have been centered around the government and it's lack of involvement or outright refusal to help.

That makes me a conspiracy theorist? I'm an anarchist, under the idea that the world would be better off without governments, so yes, I spend a lot of time arguing against their existence.

Conspiracy theorists tend to argue that the government is all-powerful and has their little, malicious hands in every little action that goes on. My perspective is the opposite, that governments are incompetent and in general not the best way (or even a good way) to solve problems.

That makes me a conspiracy theorist? I'm an anarchist, under the idea that the world would be better off without governments, so yes, I spend a lot of time arguing against their existence.

Conspiracy theorists tend to argue that the government is all-powerful and has their little, malicious hands in every little action that goes on. My perspective is the opposite, that governments are incompetent and in general not the best way (or even a good way) to solve problems.

Ok. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or an anarchist, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Ok. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or an anarchist, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

You should try not to confuse the two again. Anarchists, at least the philosophical anarchists (as opposed to the "F the police", anti-authoritarian, unruly teenager type), tend to take offense to being called a conspiracy theorist, at least the ones I talk to.

More on topic, 7 billion is just a number. Humans have always been reproducing at an exponential rate, as have any and all life forms that don't have any real predators (humans are far from the only ones).

Last edited:
You should try not to confuse the two again. Anarchists, at least the philosophical anarchists (as opposed to the "F the police", anti-authoritarian, unruly teenager type), tend to take offense to being called a conspiracy theorist, at least the ones I talk to.

Duly noted. I'll never keep the two straight in my mind, so I think I'll just avoid them altogether.

MikeyC

We could start eating each other, that way we would be reducing the problem while making sure the remaining folk are well fed. It could be a once-a-year national holiday thing like Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Hahaha I'm imagining Thanksgiving, but instead of a massive turkey, it's cousin Billy.

MrJones

I agree that the planet is overpopulated for the way we live , we are just destroying everything around us so fast , if humans could live the way it's meant to be , there would be plenty of space , but that's just never gonna happen , humans are greedy , selfish , hungry , always more
It's true. It's our fault and we're going to pay for it, and as humans we are we are going to take as much as we can with us.

AGR

Well obviously the world is finite,so even if it is not overpopulated now it could be in the future,it would be best to act now,not force people but try to reduce the population a bit.

We could start eating each other, that way we would be reducing the problem while making sure the remaining folk are well fed. It could be a once-a-year national holiday thing like Christmas or Thanksgiving.

You know I would not even be the slightest bit surprised if this started happening somewhere in the distant future. I just hope I am gone before things get that dire.

Thelema

Don't forget the innovation that will have to occur as we have more and more people. The oceans are huge-imagine giant floating cities. We could find ways to make the deserts habitable and fertile. We could have large moon colonies and Mars.

On the other hand, there are already too many freakin people. Do people really need that many kids? Does having so many kids make you happy somehow?

Agent_Violet

curb the population by telling the idiots who insist on having 20 freaking kids to knock it off and stop f**king without protection.

Seriously...WHY do you need more than 2 children? what is the purpose? "oh John, can we please keep busting out babies until we have a girl?? We have 4 boys but i wanna keep trying til I get my little baby girl."

*vomit*.

F**king Breeders.

Thelema

curb the population by telling the idiots who insist on having 20 freaking kids to knock it off and stop f**king without protection.

Seriously...WHY do you need more than 2 children? what is the purpose? "oh John, can we please keep busting out babies until we have a girl?? We have 4 boys but i wanna keep trying til I get my little baby girl."

*vomit*.

F**king Breeders.

They're not collectibles, they're future traffic jams :D

Agent_Violet

They're not collectibles, they're future traffic jams :D

exactly...they're that guy at the coffee shop who has seen the menu 50,000 freaking times and still stands there for 15 mins stuttering out his order. Or the moron in the SUV on her cellphone who can't bother herself with looking over her shoulder before she cuts into my lane and nearly knocks me off my motorcycle.