Why me?

chris11

Honestly, we're not really to blame about our anxiety disorder. They're mostly biological anyways, and, well, you either have to cope with it or take the alternitive. One gives you an oppurtunity to find something to be passionate about, the other gives nothing to anybody.

JamesSmith

Why any of us?
What did we do to deserve this.

You could ask that about anyone. Why are some people born blind or deaf? Why do some children die at such an early age? Innocent people have horrible things happen to them all of the time, and some of these horrible things are worse than the problems we have. I mean look at the Holocaust, it's not like that was very fair now was it?

Unfair stuff happens. Why does it happen? It depends on your beliefs. Some people blame God, others say it's just random, unpredictable stuff that can't be explained, they say it just is what it is.

Just because you don't deserve something, doesn't mean you it won't happen to you. I guess I just learned throughout my crummy life that unfair stuff happens to good people all of the time. That may explain how i know that life can be unfair.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Why any of us?

It's funny, I've actually answered this question before. The answer is extremely irrational, but even to this day I still believe it a little. And even on a more rational level, I don't have anyone or anything to blame other than myself. It's not biological, I wasn't born with it.(yes, I know disposition can contribute but doesn't place the nail in the coffin) When it comes down to it I'm the one in control, and I'm the one that let it happen. The one who continues to let it happen. The only one who can stop it from happening. I could blame "fate" or "luck", but those only play a part. When it comes down to it it's what I do, what I let myself think, what I choose not do, to ignore, to avoid. I don't know about you, but that's why me.

Shant

Just as a random insight out of nowhere, but if bad things happen to good people, then might this be confirmation that we're good people?

Pretty random, yeah, and may or may not be true.

For a more serious, rational explanation... it is the way it is. For me, I'm finding that running away from others may have been a good defense mechanism towards my problems back when I was around 10 and my problems kind of hit an almost unbearable point. However, I never chose to go back to reality, continuing to (try to) escape from reality. Which I believe, led to the social anxiety I have today, as depression and the self-consciousness, especially regarding my social skills and negative view of personality, gradually came into play. Just a theory, though.

Mostly because of bad memes, especially the ones that society has accepted as "natural". At least that's what I think.

leave_me_alone

When i feel really down, this question pops in my head a lot. Usually i end up blaming myself, what is probably not too far from the reality.

Rembrandt Broam

Why any of us?

We didn't do anything to deserve this. Life doesn't work that way. Everyone gets dealt a random hand of cards. Some people get a royal flush. Lucky them. Others get dealt an appallingly bad hand. Most of us get something in between - some bad cards, some good cards. I think having SA is far from the worst card I could have been dealt. If people born with severe physical disabilities can overcome them and lead happy and productive lives, then I have it within me to overcome those aspects of SA which are preventing me from living the life I want to live. I just have to figure out how I'm going to go about doing it, and the answer to that will differ from person to person.

P_Floyd

Good question, unfortunately without a correct answer

Anyway, I was watching "house m.d." and the "answer" for this question appeard:
"People get what they get. It has nothing to do with what they deserve"

Sad but true ::(: