Why do I want to cry when I think about love?

WaningMoon

I didn't know where to post this, it's not directly a love problem so I decided to post it here.

It's very simple but I don't know why it happens...

I don't have a boyfriend and I've always had problems with this, not that I think I'm ugly, I feel more like I'm not adequate, or "I don't know" how to be.

Everytime I start feelings for someone or I imagine the idea of showing love or recveing love, I feel like I'm a little girl in the middle of the woods, terrified and about to cry. And I don't like to feel that way. It's as if I wanted to be just like this, not feeling those things because it's a lot of sadness.

I even stopped reading a movie because the main character was too lovely :confused:. I feel very stupid saying this but this is how I feel when it comes about love. I feel too exposed, too vulnerable and it's sad, and I can't stand it.

:sad::sad:

Zaki

I think I understand what you mean and I believe I can relate on some level. I have a hard time showing love and an even harder time receiving love. During the one time in my life when I truly felt like someone was developing romantic feelings for me, I began to withdraw from him and retract into my protective shell. He constantly complimented me, was always considerate of my feelings, talked to me for four hours at a time on the phone, and longed to be affectionate with me. For reasons I still can't understand, he found me very desirable. We ended up losing touch and I regret it because he was a really nice guy. Before we met, I didn't think guys like him even existed and I highly doubt I'll ever come across a gentleman quite like him again. Chivalry seems so rare these days. In a way, I felt like I didn't deserve him. I definitely understand what it's like to feel inadequate. Story of my life.

Last edited:

coyote

I didn't know where to post this, it's not directly a love problem so I decided to post it here.

I don't have a boyfriend and I've always had problems with this, not that I think I'm ugly, I feel more like I'm not adequate, or "I don't know" how to be.

Everytime I start feelings for someone or I imagine the idea of showing love or recveing love, I feel like I'm a little girl in the middle of the woods, terrified and about to cry. And I don't like to feel that way. It's as if I wanted to be just like this, not feeling those things because it's a lot of sadness.

I even stopped reading a movie because the main character was too lovely :confused:. I feel very stupid saying this but this is how I feel when it comes about love. I feel too exposed, too vulnerable and it's sad, and I can't stand it.

you mean it's not that way for everyone? :sad:

WaningMoon

It's being vulnerable what scares me because it makes me an "easy target" I think. And the times I've been like this I have had very bad times.

coyote

It's being vulnerable what scares me because it makes me an "easy target" I think. And the times I've been like this I have had very bad times.

yes, i totally agree

feeling that vulnerable is always very frightening

i think it goes with the territory, though

the question is whether it is worth it to brave the possibility of getting hurt

WaningMoon

yes, i totally agree

feeling that vulnerable is always very frightening

i think it goes with the territory, though

the question is whether it is worth it to brave the possibility of getting hurt

Yes, Coyote, yo uare right. I've tried sometimes but the feeling of crying is just to much and I feel very immature for feeling it, I feel is like laughable because it's supposed it had to be the opposite. It's now really really hard for me to open myself that I have just trying to avoid it and to feel like I don't care and I just stay away from those situations. I don't know how to handle it or change my thinking.

coyote

Yes, Coyote, yo uare right. I've tried sometimes but the feeling of crying is just to much and I feel very immature for feeling it, I feel is like laughable because it's supposed it had to be the opposite. It's now really really hard for me to open myself that I have just trying to avoid it and to feel like I don't care and I just stay away from those situations. I don't know how to handle it or change my thinking.

no, i think most people feel the same way if they have a heart

hearts can be broken, unfortunately

but like a caged bird, you have to set them free to hear them sing

WaningMoon

no, i think most people feel the same way if they have a heart

hearts can be broken, unfortunately

but like a caged bird, you have to set them free to hear them sing

So when you are wth someone you like you literally want to cry? I dont think that's normal and I don't think most people feel thatway

Bloody_Blue

I view love like a adventure. A free adventure. No rules, no lirics... only the road... But I always need some person, even without love... walk alone is a drama...

selon

It often comes down to feeling that you don't deserve the love. Someone once told me that kids who grow up without a sense of love and security and affection will often become adults who are unable to love or receive love.

:(

OTGrl

Love is about finding someone who strengthens you and makes you the best version of you. Sometimes, we are hurt when it doesn't work out. However, it wasn't meant to be. That person who will be there for you no matter what will come along. You just can't rush it. I was engaged and had my heart broken when he told me he was in love with another girl (obviously he had been cheating on me). I felt like my life was over and that I'd never be happy again. Why wasn't I good enough? Well, I am now married to the most fantastic man in the whole world and am so thankful that the other relationship ended. This man makes me a better person and is always there for me. Yes, I became open and vulnerable to the other guy, but everything that happened between us was a learning experience. We become who we are by the experiences and challenges we face. They make us better, stronger people. I would never get rid of any of my life experiences because they make me who I am. Rejection, hurt, deception will happen (unless you are very lucky), but that's okay. They help to guide you to the person that you will spend forever with. Don't let the fear of any of that keep you from enjoying life.

SilentBird

Love is about finding someone who strengthens you and makes you the best version of you. Sometimes, we are hurt when it doesn't work out. However, it wasn't meant to be. That person who will be there for you no matter what will come along. You just can't rush it. I was engaged and had my heart broken when he told me he was in love with another girl (obviously he had been cheating on me). I felt like my life was over and that I'd never be happy again. Why wasn't I good enough? Well, I am now married to the most fantastic man in the whole world and am so thankful that the other relationship ended. This man makes me a better person and is always there for me. Yes, I became open and vulnerable to the other guy, but everything that happened between us was a learning experience. We become who we are by the experiences and challenges we face. They make us better, stronger people. I would never get rid of any of my life experiences because they make me who I am. Rejection, hurt, deception will happen (unless you are very lucky), but that's okay. They help to guide you to the person that you will spend forever with. Don't let the fear of any of that keep you from enjoying life.

:thumbup:

coyote

"we accept the love we think we deserve"― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Bo592

It often comes down to feeling that you don't deserve the love. Someone once told me that kids who grow up without a sense of love and security and affection will often become adults who are unable to love or receive love.

:(
these words sum me up alot. I became an adult who unable to love or receive love.

FriendlyShadow

Even though I am only sixteen years old and never experienced a relationship of love, I usually fantasize romantic relationships in my head and as if I were in one. I'm not really sure if I'd actually be happy with myself falling in love all for it to collapse in problems and disasters. I've already got enough issues and depression with me to deal with so I can't really picture having a boyfriend that will escalate them further. The only love I'll be fond over is in my imagination.

Last edited: