Why do i feel usless can someone please help me out

jaim38

Why must we feel useful to the world? Do we owe the world anything? Must we play superhero to save the world?

SilentBird

I often think of myself as useless. I think that it is something that I have learned, that I have internalized too many negative messages, therefore believing that I am useless. Beliefs are often not necessarily based on facts but experiences. They can be changed. I try, though it's difficult, to question the beliefs I have about myself.

I am sure that you have talents and that many people would like you, if you gave yourself a chance.

selon

Why must we feel useful to the world? Do we owe the world anything? Must we play superhero to save the world?

Nope but we've got to play superhero to save ourselves!
Fake it till you make it!! Being 'your own best friend' is hard though!

But I can relate to your feelings ar1605! As to the why, I can only say that in my case it comes from having grown up in an extremely dysfunctional family. I was never told that I have worth as a human being. Instead I was always asked 'what did XYZ think about you?' 'did they like you?' 'did you behave in a way that they (teachers other family members etc) find acceptable?'

This is not a way to teach a child to stand up for herself, which is why I never learned it. But I am trying to develop self-worth, step by step. Figuring out how you feel and what made you feel that way is the first step. Acceptance. Still waiting for the healing to set in but hey, it's a process!