who wants to build a social network?

That's right, does anybody want to help me help doing so xD it's not exactly going to be facebook but it would be nice having something like that focusing on people who are shy, suffer from SAD etc.

Hey i got the same idea!! Maybe we can make something together!! Would be awesome !! :D what kind of social networking site do you want to make??
For people with social anxiety or what kind of site??

Ignace

Would be great if someone had an own server at home to host the site. Then nobody has to pay a dot. Or you go for free sites, but they're not fun. :D

DafT

If you have any good ideas and are really eager to do something, send me a msg as I'm a Web developer and am willing to make something if its serious :D

^^ good more people join the cause, those social network engines seem fine but I chose one that had IM in it, Daft that means you're familiar with html and java right?

the last time I set up a website was years ago :p with an ancient tool called geocities, basically what we'll need afterwards is people to actually be there and intereact, this forum is great and everyone's very nice, but a think a more "facebookish" approach would be nicer :p

Feathers

wordpress is easiest to make blogs on, haven't heard of it being used for social networking and such? There's an option for forums but those look a bit odd on WP

it's also one of the easiest ways to make a website, I hear.. though I'm not an expert.. There are tips & instructions online on how to put up a simple WP blog, it can be done quickly.

Not sure, are you guys thinking about something with real names, or just nicknames, like here..?
I'm not very much into social networking, but I see a benefit to maintain some contact with someone even if they choose to leave this place or so..

for instance I used this nickname because I normally use strange ones that usually fighten people :) I've no problem with using my real name, but I guess anyone could either choose to use a fake or a real one :D

Feathers

Yeah, I prefer nicknames, especially on sites like this :)
One may need to consider any future employers or business partners or such... (possibly)

You sure Hamster doesn't frighten anyone? :D

But honestly everyone who knows me, knows I have SAD, and the only difference is that they treat me in a much nicer way now hah :p

I mean look at this cutie would someone run from that xD? My only problem using the real name is :p stalking ex-girlfriends

Ah business kills everything xD should be something simple meant to connect us even more and great greater bounds between members and also add a dating component allowing people to well :p flirt

Anomaly

Hell, let's build a conglomerate. We can offer financial speculation, risk analysis, and services of that sort :p

I thought of something. People could make an account for their pet and meet each other in a more personal way through the pets. You would be showing off your pet. When ever I go to the veterinarians office people are all communicating about their dogs or cats. It seems to liven up when their is a subject to focus on kinda like here. However, it could be partially about pet subjects. I kinda remember sites like this.... HMMMM...Nevermind ::p: :D

not a bad idea hehe, anything to make people more comfortable :) and less shy and more willing to post and get in touch with other users.

I'm glad you're vegetarian :)