Who thinks that HD and 3D are nothing more than overrated GIMMICKS! >:)

Luke1993

hehe please tell me I'm not the only one in the world who believes this, people buying these HDTV's when it really doesn't make that much difference! What was wrong with the normal TV's? And 3D yeah it's alright but the cinemas slap a hefty fine on top of the ticket price. And I just saw an advert for a Sky 3D box so you can watch live football in 3D I bet half the time it will glitch :D

Tell me your thoughts on the matter please!

davidburke

noooo never HDTV's are awesome! theres such a big difference especially if you have a really big tv it has to be hd or the screen is going to be blurry. The definition of tv's are going to get higher and higher in the future. I would like to watch 3D but I don't like that we now have to buy a 3D tv and 3D blueray player to be able to watch 3D stuff its just to make people buy another tv, they should have the technology in HDTV's in the first place

Last edited:

nightcrawler

I wouldn't say HD is a gimmick. Watching something from a HD source (eg Blu-ray, video games etc) can look awesome. 3D?...yeah that's a gimmick and will be a lot harder to sell to the public than HD.

Rembrandt Broam

hehe please tell me I'm not the only one in the world who believes this, people buying these HDTV's when it really doesn't make that much difference! What was wrong with the normal TV's? And 3D yeah it's alright but the cinemas slap a hefty fine on top of the ticket price. And I just saw an advert for a Sky 3D box so you can watch live football in 3D I bet half the time it will glitch :D

Tell me your thoughts on the matter please!

I agree on 3D TV. Like 3D movies, I think it's just a gimmick. Making a bad movie in 3D, does not make it a good movie.

I disagree on HD though. It is an improvement in quality over SD, and one that I think is worth it on the whole. There wasn't anything wrong with SD, but neither was there anything wrong with VHS - it just got replaced with the superior technology of DVD, which has now been replaced with HD/BluRay. Anyway, as it seems that you can only buy HD TVs now, the argument about HD is pretty much redundant.

Luke1993

I agree on 3D TV. Like 3D movies, I think it's just a gimmick. Making a bad movie in 3D, does not make it a good movie.

I disagree on HD though. It is an improvement in quality over SD, and one that I think is worth it on the whole. There wasn't anything wrong with SD, but neither was there anything wrong with VHS - it just got replaced with the superior technology of DVD, which has now been replaced with HD/BluRay. Anyway, as it seems that you can only buy HD TVs now, the argument about HD is pretty much redundant.

Then I guess that means....I lose? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Well I was never very good at arguing stuff.

Luke1993

On the subject of holograms....Gorillaz I'm no fan of music but I can remember they did a concert once. The "band members" are cartoons, so they sort of projected them onto the stage as holograms and it looked very impressive.

IAMN

I was amazed when I saw HD television for the first time at a friend's house. What IS retarded are the HD sunglasses. You mean my eyes have been only seeing low definition filth since I was born? darn nature.