Who here has the worst sleeping pattern???

PennyLane

I'm guessing a lot of us have some sleeping problems (or maybe im alone eek!)...just being nosy about how bad yours are...mainly because im gona be awake til 5am with not much to do haha ::p:

Jake123

Banned
I have a pretty horrible sleeping pattern. It's completely random, I basically just go to sleep when I'm tired, so sometimes I'm nocturnal, sometimes I'm awake all day, sometimes I skip days and then have "makeup days" where I pass out for days, sometimes I have multiple naps throughout a day, it varies so much that no one can really say when I'll be awake or asleep :p

thor01

Same with me, through this holiday I've been staying up to ridiculous times. Which means I get up really late aswell.

PennyLane

For me it almost seems natural to be awake at night and sleep during the day...and to swap this around is really hard...i can't really understand the logic behind why this would be!

WelshOne

I'm usually asleep by 1am and up and about by 10am. Unless I have somewhere to go or something to do, in which case I get up for a shower at 7.30am.

I often find myself falling asleep before I have to work in the evening though, so I might sleep from 3pm to 5pm if I'm feeling tired.

dooby-duck

I have to work so keep sleeping patterns quite regular. If I am particularly anxious for some reason I will wake up at exactly 4.10 AM for some reason. When I have woken it can take ages to suppress the thoughts running through my mind. So from then on I might get back to sleep or not.

doesit

the days that i work i would go to sleep at 1-2 in the morning wake up after 4-5h and go to work,and when i dont i would stay awake till 1-3 in the morning and sleep for the 12 h easily :)

recluse

Since loosing my job my sleeping routine has been ruined. I'm suffering from insomnia most nights.

Jimsie

Over summer i have been sleeping from 7am until 4pm without fail every day. As someone else said it feels much more natural to be awake at night. Although, I feel like crap waking up and seeing that the day has ended but its not like i would have been doing anything anyway. When i have to sleep at 'normal' times i get the worst insomnia.

i get up at 11am and go to bed at 5am the next day. From 10pm to 5am i am talking on msn with a friend from brazil.

steve33

This is weird as I was just gonna put a thread on sleep as I had to be sent home from work today because of my bad sleep i was awake at 2.30am this morning and by 2 this afternoon i hit "the wall" and had to go home. i don't know what to do about my sleep but its now getting serious as it is affecting my job

zlench

Tend to go to sleep earlyish then wake up around 2ish and then wake up early again. I very rarely get a full nights sleep.

Dudley

I hate waking up late because then I feel like I've wasted time or something so I wake up between 8 and 9 am. The only problem is that I go to bed late, have problems falling asleep, and wake up very easily. Oh, and I can't nap. I am physically unable to.

sabbath

Banned
I get up for work around 5:30am but sometimes I wake at 4:20 and can't get back to sleep. The problem is I'm naturally a night owl and most of the time I can't get to sleep until around 11pm. Power naps help but I think a full 8 hours would be better. I'm hoping to get an HD DVR from Comcast soon so I can reschedule my TV watching. But having to get up early everyday sucks.

I like to get into work early because it's nice and empty then. I don't have to say "Good Morning" to a bunch of people before even getting to my cubicle. But I'm going to have to find a way to get used to getting in later. I really do need my beauty sleep :p

The dream police, they live inside of my head.
The dream police, they come to me in my bed.
The dream police, theyre coming to arrest me, oh no.

You know that talk is cheap, and those rumors aint nice.
And when I fall asleep I dont think Ill survive the night, the night.

cause theyre waiting for me.
Theyre looking for me.
Evry single night theyre driving me insane.
Those men inside my brain.

(live inside of my head.)
(come to me in my bed.)
The dream police, theyre coming to arrest me, oh no.

Well, I cant tell lies, cause theyre listening to me.
And when I fall asleep, bet theyre spying on me tonight, tonight.

Theyre looking for me.

I try to sleep, theyre wide awake, they wont leave me alone.
They dont get paid to take vacations, or let me alone.
They spy on me, I try to hide, they wont let me alone.
They persecute me, theyre the judge and jury all in one.

Theyre looking for me.

The dream police, theyre coming to arrest me.

Last edited:
I'm approximately martian, in that my day is closer to 25 hours than 24, though I jump forward and back by a few hours at a time frequently. Today I got up at 4:30 PM and will probably end up going to sleep around 10 AM. In another week or two I'll appear to be normal for a few days.

I don't consider it a bad sleeping pattern, though. I like the variety.

HidingOnThe4thFloor

Maintenance insomniac. Rarely have trouble going to sleep but awaken repeatedly. When I wake up around 3 o'clock (the demons' witching hour), I usually stay awake for an hour or more.

FOR REAL

Banned
i have a sleeping pattern! i go to bed when i want, and i get up when i want! (unless a debt collector rings my doorbell) :D

timidhorse

*Raises hand slowly*. I have extreme insomnia, I usually stay up until the morning like around 8 am on the internet. Then I go to sleep till I wake up at 8pm....Sometimes I go to sleep just before midnight and wake up in the noon, I sleep a lot too...

philly2bits

My sleep tends to get messed up every now and again. Right now it's ok, but about 2 months ago it was awful. I was falling alseep at 7am or so and waking at 3-4pm.