Which book would you memorize to save it from the fireman?

I'm assuming that you have read Fahrenheit 451, if you haven't go and read it right away.

Despite how much I would love to save the Hitchhiker's series, or any book from Anthony Beevor, I'll choose Aldous Huxley's Ends and Means.

So wich one would you choose?

B

Beatrice

Maybe I'd be shot for this, but I'll go with a non-classic and say Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.

The Bible.For good or bad.

And for the same reason they didn't burn it in "The Day After Tomorrow" movie.

(it was the first book ever written?)

WeirdyMcGee

haha~ I'm dyslexic, so I don't read...
besides- most of the information in any of the books in my house can be found online.

I would save a box of old photographs, though...
or just stay in the burning house. I'd probably be better off that way. XD

(it was the first book ever written?)

Not even close, the oldest recorded writings of the Hebrew Bible are from the 2nd century BC, while the Sumerian legend of Etana is from 2600 BC; there are technical and religious writings dated as older, but I wouldn't consider them books. The Bible was the first book ever printed in Europe, but there were already books printed in China.

WeirdyMcGee

Not even close, the oldest recorded writings of the Hebrew Bible are from the 2nd century BC, while the Sumerian legend of Etana is from 2600 BC; there are technical and religious writings dated as older, but I wouldn't consider them books. The Bible was the first book ever printed in Europe, but there were already books printed in China.

haha
I'd save my cuneiforms.
Not books.

Newtype

Battle Royale. I always say that if you fully understand that book, then you are ready for life.