When I'm down.. (Not for the squeamish)

Miserum

Well as disappointed as I am that it's not me :)LOL:) I'm glad for you bud. So is she a work colleague or someone you know socially?

My best tips - chicks can't resist them. Follow them and you're in!

Number one - get your hair cut.

Two - always have minty breath.

And three - always use me as your wingman. (Although us being in different countries makes this quite difficult)

Oh, and be confidant
LMAO that dumb and dumber scene kills me.

Thanks for the tips. :D

LoyalXenite

giphy.gif

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I don't know who I'm supposed to be. I feel like I have no purpose or identity, I'm no one..
Caught in between what I feel I should be and what others think I should be, I can't find middle ground.
I have always craved for my life to have some meaning, some purpose, but it has none. No wonder so many men commit suicide.
I am truly lost, never to find my way home.

Miserum

I don't know who I'm supposed to be. I feel like I have no purpose or identity, I'm no one..
Caught in between what I feel I should be and what others think I should be, I can't find middle ground.
I have always craved for my life to have some meaning, some purpose, but it has none. No wonder so many men commit suicide.

Who do you want to be? I think you're standing on some sort of middle ground at least. Most people are a mix of what they are personally inclined towards and what they think other people expect of them; it's pretty natural.

nodejesque

The fact that you can express this in introspection of where you currently stand in life, to me is a sign of healthy self awareness.

I am not sure how to properly express my thoughts sometimes, and this is one of them.. But i will try.

I've come to realize that perhaps we are not broken, strange or outcasts, but instead afflicted with uncertainty and negative self perception. This does not negate that we do struggle with serious issues such as depression, however... It's not our natural state.

I've often struggled with relatability and wanting to "get better". Be more social, try harder... Push myself to develop relationships based on subjects that may not particularly interest me... But hey, for the sake of making friends... It's acceptable.

But why? The question is not about finding how to fit in, it's about being OK with not caring.

I know this sounds cliché, and I don't mean to be captain obvious, but what has really helped me is the realization that I can't live my life based on what others expect of me. I still struggle with anxiety and depression, but I deal with it and face it on my terms. Not on whats expected of me. And yes, I have days where I am extremely low... But they are not as often as they once were.

And this is why I don't think these communities are unhealthy. Because for me, I can say that relationships with people whom I can relate with (even from afar) allow me to accept that it's not that I'm strange or not enough. It's just that we are a quieter bunch. No less important, no more afflicted, just not as loud.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
The fact that you can express this in introspection of where you currently stand in life, to me is a sign of healthy self awareness.

I am not sure how to properly express my thoughts sometimes, and this is one of them.. But i will try.

I've come to realize that perhaps we are not broken, strange or outcasts, but instead afflicted with uncertainty and negative self perception. This does not negate that we do struggle with serious issues such as depression, however... It's not our natural state.

I've often struggled with relatability and wanting to "get better". Be more social, try harder... Push myself to develop relationships based on subjects that may not particularly interest me... But hey, for the sake of making friends... It's acceptable.

But why? The question is not about finding how to fit in, it's about being OK with not caring.

I know this sounds cliché, and I don't mean to be captain obvious, but what has really helped me is the realization that I can't live my life based on what others expect of me. I still struggle with anxiety and depression, but I deal with it and face it on my terms. Not on whats expected of me. And yes, I have days where I am extremely low... But they are not as often as they once were.

And this is why I don't think these communities are unhealthy. Because for me, I can say that relationships with people whom I can relate with (even from afar) allow me to accept that it's not that I'm strange or not enough. It's just that we are a quieter bunch. No less important, no more afflicted, just not as loud.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling.
Thank you Nodes, your thoughts are truly appreciated and not seen as rambling at all. *hugs*

Last edited: