When I'm down.. (Not for the squeamish)

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Good question Pug. I can't really say my mind takes me anywhere in specific. It's more of a feeling. Melancholy, definitely.

What do you see or feel?
I definitely feel the music.. I have always been that way when it comes to music. I remember reading the results of a of a study once and they found out that some people have a more developed or active part of the brain that processes and responds to music. I think I'm in that group.
Also, the pictures that accompany the songs like that also can take me to that place.
In my minds eye I can feel rain as I walk down that street, smell it.. hear raindrops on the umbrella. I really enjoy it when my mind takes me away like that. :)

Miserum

I definitely feel the music.. I have always been that way when it comes to music. I remember reading the results of a of a study once and they found out that some people have a more developed or active part of the brain that processes and responds to music. I think I'm in that group.
Also, the pictures that accompany the songs like that also can take me to that place.
In my minds eye I can feel rain as I walk down that street, smell it.. hear raindrops on the umbrella. I really enjoy it when my mind takes me away like that. :)

I think I remember reading about that some time ago as well. I definitely feel. I personally find music to be the superlative art form for this reason. No other art form comes close to making me feel the way music does.

I agree about pictures and imagery supplementing music. They can really change the feeling of a song. Sometimes I even avoid music videos because I know they will change that "feeling" if I watch them. Other times, I may watch something and it will improve the music.

I love the fact that we live in the age of the internet. I am exposed to so many types of music every day.

In another life, I would have been a musician. Hell, I still can be one in this one. But I'm pretty damn busy these days. One day I hope I find the time.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths
Which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation
Take me home

LoyalXenite

DPki.gif
giphy.gif
200.gif