What's the scariest dream you've ever had?

I was frantically running away from a raging bushfire.
I eventually ended up totally surrounded by it in someones backyard.
There was a swimming pool, so I jumped into that.
But then hot lava started dripping into the pool.
I just stood in the pool knowing I was about to die a horribly painful death being cooked alive.

superario

I have some seriously random dreams, like the raining skittles dreams, where it turned everything into colour. And flying in a cardboard box o_O'

But the scariest? One of them was being in the open ocean. There was a faint light under the waterline (I was always under the waterline for some reason). I recall feeling very vulnerable, I was panicking because I didn't know how to find my way to dry land, I knew I was lost. Eventually I turned around and there was a Great White shark behind me. It was very creepy, no more than a meter in front of me. It was just looking at me, then it attacked in a blink of an eye. I could see the red myst of blood all around me and mangled flesh. It was the atmosphere that really underpinned the fear factor. My body felt so cold when I woke up and I could feel it in the dream too.

The absolute worst was a recurring dream over many years. I was locked in a room with a single entrance. I recall being chained to the wall when alone. The walls were peeling and metallic with blood spatter. The entrance was a doorway that was obstructed by working blades and circular saws. A strange being would present itself to me, at this point I was free from my binds (miraculously lol), and it was trying to catch me and force me into these saws etc. The dream went all the way to me actually being killed. That one was very difficult to get over.

That's enough from my tales of the crypt lol.

Wow, that's actually very interesting. I would love to have a skittles dream or dream of flying in a cardboard box. Sounds like a magical, good time. ::p:

The shark one sounds terrible though. I have a fear of deep, dark waters and just looking at pictures of those sharks makes me shiver. They are scary!! And that other one is just...creepy, lol.

I've always had really weird dreams but only occasionally are they really 'creepy' or 'scary'. I know I've had some really scary ones but I kind of forget a lot of details so telling them would be pointless.

I know there was one where I was at a party. I believe this was my cousin's wedding party or something like that (had this dream when I was young). And all I can remember from that many years ago is that everybody was in white. I can remember looking into the building through the open door and seeing everyone inside with white dresses and white suits and etc. And the entire dream in itself...it was just so weird how it looked. Like right out of a movie, where they sort of white out the edges of the scene to make it 'dreamlike', lol, if you know what I mean. It was like fluffy like a cloud on the edges. White. And I remember I was standing outside on the sidewalk and I looked down the street and the Scream guy (mask and everything; he is the only thing in his dream that is not white or very light colored) and he has a big knife and I know he's going to kill me. If I remember correctly, when I was running, it was slow motion too. I had lots of Scream dreams when I was little. Probably because I always watched the movies, haha. And I had another Scream dream I can remember that he tried to kill me and then in the end my family teamed up and we chased him to some old warehouse and tried to kill HIM instead, and he was scared!! Lol. And like...he was crawling on the roof and stuff...but that one wasn't scary.

I also would have crazy dreams whenever I watched Jurassic Park. I've had numerous dreams of killer dinosaurs attacking. :cool:

superario

I was frantically running away from a raging bushfire.
I eventually ended up totally surrounded by it in someones backyard.
There was a swimming pool, so I jumped into that.
But then hot lava started dripping into the pool.
I just stood in the pool knowing I was about to die a horribly painful death being cooked alive.

Natural disaster type dreams are some of the worst.

I can't tell you how many times I have dreamed of the world coming to an end. Tsunamis, volcanoes, you name it, I've experienced it. Even some really trippy ones in elementary school where there was some crazy shapes in the sky, like a giant metal box...and I think it was a bomb or something. It was super scary. Or maybe it was aliens.

Had LOTS of alien dreams too.

superario

I used to be deadly terrified of sharks for most of my life, lol. When a child I used to feel like there was something in the bath after watching Pirahna and Jaws, lol! I knew there was nothing there, but just this strange feeling came over me, hard to explain.

As for the Scream dream. I hate those running in slow motion dreams!!! lol. Especially when you know that right behind you is imminent danger. lol @ HIM

Your dinosaur dreams remind me of some that I had. Probably because of Jurassic Park too, it's one of my favorite movies. But those where more long drawn out dreams than scary.

Have you ever had a dream that you continued on the next night or after waking up and falling asleep again? I think those definitely have to be the strangest, lol.

I still get afraid about the shower drains...not really because of sharks or piranhas but because of spiders, lol. My BIGGEST fear and not that I think of it, I've had some pretty trippy dreams about giant spiders. x) I do freak out when I'm in a pool though and am alone in the deep...feel like something's about to pull me under.

And I've had some really creepy dinosaur ones. Like for one of them, we lived in a house in the middle of absolutely nowhere. The dirt was just bone dry and cracked and there stood a small single story house, lol. And my mom and I were home and I guess my dad and brothers were out...hunting or something manly. Though I've no idea where they would find any food...no animal could surive out there. Well, my mom was washing the dishes and I was just playing when the doorbell rang. There was a giant orange T-rex who wanted to kill us. I didn't open the door. But my mom went to answer the door and I was begging her, yelling at her not to open it because I knew who it was but she didn't. I think the dream ended right when she cracked the door open. I'm assuming we were...eaten. Hahaha. ::p:

And no, I can't really remember having those kinds of dreams.

superario

Yikes! Aliens. I used to have these too @_@

It was always centered around them coming through my window. I alwats wanted my bed away from the window because of them! lol. I can't recall a specific account though.

There was one dream specifically that haunts me to this day. It happened when I was very young, probably like 5 or 6 or something. I have a cousin who used to come visit a lot (she lives across the border so we dont see eachother much anymore) but when we were younger we did. Anyway, in the dream we were in the bedroom with my mom and sitting on her lap on a rocking chair, I think reading a book or something. Anyway I looked out the window and the entire sky was just filled with spaceships...it was an invasion. It doesnt sound so bad but you know how dreams can just look weird and give you a creepy vibe...it's something I never forget. Our reactions were just silent and like we knew we were gonna die but we weren't afraid.

*shivers*

megalon

I have the alien invasion dreams unusually frequently, but they're not scary. It's usually me and my brother grabbing our guns and going all Master Chief on the alien scum.

superario

I was baked and then there was cake.

Then I woke up and realized that the cake was a LIE!

LOL, once I dreamed my mom bought belgian waffles and the next morning when i was awake i went downstairs to make breakfast and could not find the waffles in the freezer. i totally freaked out!! and then my mom was like "i never went to the store...i never bought waffles. that was a dream."

it was...the worst thing that ever happened to me.

WeirdyMcGee

LOL, once I dreamed my mom bought belgian waffles and the next morning when i was awake i went downstairs to make breakfast and could not find the waffles in the freezer. i totally freaked out!! and then my mom was like "i never went to the store...i never bought waffles. that was a dream."

Oh no!!
So tragic! :0

IGotSeoul

I've had dreams like that.

Something happens, you wake up and it didn't really happen but you think it happened. Then the realization that it didn't happen is a total

ffuuu.jpg

superario

I've had dreams like that.

Something happens, you wake up and it didn't really happen but you think it happened. Then the realization that it didn't happen is a total

ffuuu.jpg

YES. Sometimes I get so excited about something and when I find out it was a dream it's like....*happiness shattered, depression kicks*

::(: "...What?"

*DENIAL DENIAL*
:mad:

IGotSeoul

I've had dreams that I missed the bus for school. Then I'd wake up and skip school. Usually by hiding my shoes and telling my mom that they've disappeared.

Starchild

I don't have nightmares very often, but when I do they're usually about zombies, and me ending up in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. There's nothing in the world that scares me more than zombies, so I usually wake up with my heart racing and difficulties falling back to sleep.

Now that I think of it, I think I had a zombie nightmare either last night or the night before that. I don't remember exactly what happened, but I think me and someone else was running around in some house trying to avoid them... I didn't like that dream. :(

Well this was pretty cool and scary at the same time, was awhile back I had this but here goes....I was being chased by a mob of people or things through a massive endless forest that suddendly turned into a village. Like one of those abandoned eastern european villages, all of a sudden a leopard apeared out of the ground and chased down the people or "things" that were after me.

Then it spoke to me and said it was sorry but it had to eat me. So it ate me alive.

Meh not the worst I've had but it was pretty bad.

MagicPotion

I don't have nightmares very often, but when I do they're usually about zombies, and me ending up in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. There's nothing in the world that scares me more than zombies, so I usually wake up with my heart racing and difficulties falling back to sleep.

Now that I think of it, I think I had a zombie nightmare either last night or the night before that. I don't remember exactly what happened, but I think me and someone else was running around in some house trying to avoid them... I didn't like that dream. :(

^That dream sounds pretty awesome to me - I wish I had dreams like that especially if I was armed to the teeth. I guess if it scares you though that's no good, I'd love a dream where I was blowing the crap out of zombies. Mine are always about freaky ghosts and stuff.

Weirdest dream I had was one where I felt like I was being suffocated for ages. Like somebody was choking me with a pillow.

Then I woke up gasping for air in my flat with all the lights turned on.

Somebody had left the taps running in the bathroom (I live alone)... I wandered into the bathroom and turned them off. Wtf.

Then I wandered back into my bedroom and saw the freakiest thing I ever saw. It was this weird deformed disembodied head, floating and rotating around slowly above my bed - until I saw the face... :eek: It was like a hanged man - eyes popping out - ugh...

I woke up and couldn't breathe, one of those "wake up in the dark after a nightmare and you're too scared to even get out of bed to turn on the light" dreams - I hate those. :mad:

Also the ones where you're making out with somebody and it turns out to be a dream :( Not scary just extremely depressing.

megalon

I remember waking up scared after nightmares before, but for some reason I can't remember any specifically. Sometimes I get sleep paralysis though, which is much scarier than any nightmare.

rbecca

I had so many nightmares, i don't know where to start or which ones to tell..

Well, i had this nightmare, i've had it more then once, like 8 times in my life maybe,the same always!
It was me sleeping in my bedroom and hearing thunder,i am scared of lightning..
So i ran SO fast, downstairs, i jumped the last few steps and ran into the living room, then there i saw a big open window,with a lady standing in front of it(very scary looking), and in the back of the window, i saw a HUGE lightning bolt. then that's where i wake up.. I used to wake up all sweaty from being scared of it :p This nightmare is always in black&white

There's also this one, where i'm being chased by gladiators or something, it's in a castle, a round-going stairway, and i run downstairs very fast, then the stairs stop and i fall down, and the weirdest thing, when i wake up, it literally feels as if i FALL onto my bed, it feels SO weird.

Also another one,where i was in the universe, i had my normal clothes on,no oxygen or so. And i looked at the earth and it talked to me, a very deep angry voice, it was so creepy. It said something like i'm going to destroy the universe very quick and such things, and the thing that talked to me had a hammer, he sometimes slammed with it and i'd hear a VERY noisy bang sound. i was scared just the way he talked !

so many nightmares,lol