what you're living for

EscapeArtist

i'm sure if you clicked this you probably want to talk about what you're living for. Please feel free! But I also wanted to share this,

It's a site that asks very core, important questions and then puts them together into an empowering personal mission statement, to clarify what you are living for when you need a reminder. It works out really well! This is quite personal, but share if you would like to. Otherwise, do it to keep and read it aloud whenever you feel motivationless.

Personal Mission Statement Examples | Mission Statement Builder | FranklinCovey

Last edited:

DeadmanWalking

What do I want to live for?

Well, it could best be described as "I want to make my life worth something". I want to do something that will have an effect on someone. I want to make someone happy and make them happy that they got to know me. If I can put at least one smile on someone's face and/or make a positive difference in someone's life, then I think I can say, "I 'lived', instead of 'surviving'.":). It sounds kinda self-serving, I think, and kinda naive, like something straight out of a comic book or motivational speaker, but this is what I seek to do and hope that I can accomplish...... no, I know I'll accomplish it one day.

Kiwong

Collecting happy ever nows. I don't believe in happy ever after, but I have experienced moments of real happiness. I call them happy ever nows.

Fighter86

I really have no idea what I want to live for, but if I had a choice, I rather not have lived at all. Everyday is a struggle, I never get a break. I am also getting older, and it frustrates me *lets out an augish scream*. Nothing to live for, just living because I unfortunately exist.

DeadmanWalking

I really have no idea what I want to live for, but if I had a choice, I rather not have lived at all. Everyday is a struggle, I never get a break. I am also getting older, and it frustrates me *lets out an augish scream*. Nothing to live for, just living because I unfortunately exist.

Please don't curse your existence. Life is a precious gift that many people would wish for, so take advantage of your luck and live your life the way you wish to. If you don't like the way your life is going at the moment, then decide on a plan of action to change it. You hold the ultimate power over your life, deciding on where it goes and how it will end. The lyrics to a song ought to describe life for you: Life's a b*tch, but if it's easy, you're doing it wrong. It's like working a muscle: you work it, tear it, and wait till it patches itself up again and tear it again, that's how it gets stronger. In life, you walk, get knocked down, brush yourself off, and get up to walk again. That's how you become stronger and learn how to face the adversities of life. If you lack direction in life, then try out new things and you should find a purpose sooner or later. I'm pretty sure you have lots of time remaining in your clock, so get out there and find your purpose and make your place in this world:)!

emre43

Any life is better than no life. You might not have the life that you want at the moment buy you can make things better for yourself; you have the power. Others can help you but ultimately it is up to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I-SbwCHJ80

Last edited:

Nathália

I live for loves of my life. The people who I would even sacrifice my life for and to protect. Many days I have been tempted and I have tried to hang myself. Then I think about the innocent people. If I did that, would they have the same traumatic disorder that I have? It sure as hec is not fun being this way and I wouldn't wish someone with this. There are many people in this world who have came from the darkest of hours and places. Life is hope for everyone despite anyone's suffering. I don't care if you come from a war zone, your family is starving or if you're a slave it does not matter. People live life because they have hopes of breaking away or dreams that it will stop or get better. I went through 13 horrible years. I endured so much and I have been waiting for the day that I am out of school and was grown *hopes* and it has improved although there are many things I can not do. My point is, is that I went through hades for years after years but my hopes to one day to become a woman and rise above all the BS in my life helped too. Many things in life are over rated and humans constantly down each other but you can not let anyone stop you or throw you down. I know even the closest people who I am around if I told them about my life they would throw me to the rocks. Well guess what? Everything is not for everyone to understand, keep hope alive.

Silatuyok

I live, first and foremost, for the people who love me and want me to stick around. I do whatever I can to help make them happy.

I live for the opportunity to save the lives of as many homeless animals as I can.

I live for the possibility that someday I could give a home to a small homeless human. ::p:

I live for the thought of someday knowing what it's like to raise chickens from birth and have them think I'm their mom. (That one sounds weird, but it's actually a motivating thought to me at times, haha.)

I live for the days or hours or minutes when it feels like there is nothing bad in the world and I can do anything.

A Many Splendored Thing

I saw "We Bought a Zoo" today(good movie), and there is one phrase that I could describe what I live for.

"It only takes 20 seconds of immense courage to do something great."
I want to extend that 20 seconds to a lifetime of courage, but I need to find that 20 seconds first.

It only takes one person with a dream to change the world. Martin Luther King Jr, Lincoln, Christopher Columbus, etc. are good examples of that.