What would you prefere?

zofia-life-coach

Imagine you were on first or second date with someone you liked and you'd like to carry on seeing that person, but unfortunately your date doesn't want to see you any more.
How would you prefere to be dumped? Would you like to be told the bad news at the end of the date, later on by phone , get text, email or just be ignored and never get a phone or text from that person again? If you're so kind to give me your opinion please let me know as well weather you're male or female.

Thanks.

2Crowded

I am a man...

And i will say that there wouldnt be any good way for me to hear that news..because anyway you slice it..im being rejected..& I dont take rejection to well..would effect my dating in the future probly... id give up on it...in fact I think I have given up already...even if she didnt reject me at first...they always do sooner or later when they get tired of you & see something else they think they might like better.

:(

LadyWench

Hi. Well, this is kind of a hard one for me to answer. I prefer people to be honest and upfront with things. Especially important stuff like this. However, I don't know if I could handle someone telling me, "I don't want to date you anymore, for this reason and that reason." I think it'd hurt anybody's self-esteem and stuff.

I did have someone break off our somewhat of a relationship by not calling, texting or coming over anymore. All communication just stopped. And while that did hurt my feelings, it was probably best for me in the long run. He was the type of person that was too shy to really say how he felt, so I don't think he stopped all contact to intentionally hurt me. It was more of a "I'm too much of a pussy to get out of this, so I'll just stop talking unless you talk to me first.." type of deal. I soon realized I didn't need those head games, and let him be.

Sorry if this is unhelpful, heh.

Oh, and I'm female.

iamthenra

I'm male... I guess I would prefer a text or e-mail... I would want to avoid the awkward silence and moments after being dumped... It would just feel weird is all.
3789628186_7e24bbbd73_o.gif

Imhotep

Male.

Hmm. Tough question. I guess I just wouldn't want to hear it at all - so I guess I'm a "just don't make contact" kind of person.

There's just no "good" way of doing it though.

One of the reasons I always feared getting into a relationship, apart from the fear of being dumped was the fear of having to actually dump someone myself. Being hyper-sensitive myself, I don't know how I'd live with myself.

And sure enough, I had to break up with my girlfriend after a few years. Suffice to say, I didn't handle it well - really immature. That was three years ago and we're good friends again (we're chatting right now, actually), so I guess I can't be THAT much of a bastard, right?

WelshOne

Personally, if someone broke up with me by text I would feel worst, because it's like they don't even care enough to do it in person.

Email would be a bit less painful, because it's basically like a letter. If it was fleshed out a bit with some sort of "reason" why they don't want to be with me any more, then I wouldn't feel so bad.

If done tenderly, I think doing it in person is the most respectful way.

shybhoy

i think if you're dates not shy they should tell you by phone

if they are shy they should send you an email

ignoring someone just shows a complete lack of respect for someone and doing it by txt seems wrong to me also.

klytus

I am male. And I'd prefer to dump her first. That isn't an option, though, as in your scenario the person being dumped likes the person who does the dumping. It'd be best to be told at the end of the date, preferably together with the underlying reason. That might be dangerous a thing to do, though, for a woman, therefore I would accept a phone call afterwards, too.