What RELIGION are you?

SickJoke

please answer me if you have enough time.

I'm listening to him. Any other person could make the same claims that he's making. It's not evidence for a god.

Can you provide one good reason to believe in your god? Before you answer, please read this quote by Richard Dawkins:

"You happened to have been brought up in the [Muslim] faith. You know what it's like not to believe in a particular faith because you're not a [Christian], you're not a Hindu. Why aren't you a Hindu? Because you happen to have been brought up in [your country], not in India. If you had been brought up in India, you'd have been a Hindu. If you had been brought up in Denmark in the time of the Vikings, you'd be believing in Wotan and Thor. If you had been brought up in Classical Greece, you'd be believing in Zeus. If you were brought up in Central Africa, you'd be believing in the Great Juju on the mountain. There's no particular reason to pick the [Muslim] god, except by the sheerest accident you happened to have been brought up in [your country]."

I patiently wait your response

Ehsan

as i said before it is obvious that we can't prove physically the creator of everything(time, space, reasoning, logic, mankind, ...) and the only way is wisdom, love:

[Quran 2:115] To GOD belongs the east and the west; wherever you look there will be the face of GOD. GOD is Omnipresent, Omniscient.

jackinwa

thanks Jack,
we never started a genocide and we never end any war with genocide and we never revenge any genocide with genocide.

Don't be so quick to judge your fellow human beings on that. I'll never put that belief past Bush, I don't think he has all of his faculties... but to me Obama has more common sense. I don't think Obama would escalate something to that perspective. But I sent an e-mail to Obama and Biden anyway what I wrote... just because I can I guess and it's something of a worry. Can we really be that stupid?

Just remember: the earth is not flat. There is nowhere to push and force a group of people to inhabit a corner of earth because such a corner does not exist... If humans are like germs, then forcing a group of humans somewhere else would upset the people already there, a natural and untouched habitat or something...

It's all about balance.

Someday we will all get it.

-Jack in WA

jackinwa

as i said before it is obvious that we can't prove physically the creator of everything(time, space, reasoning, logic, mankind, ...) and the only way is wisdom, love:

[Quran 2:115] To GOD belongs the east and the west; wherever you look there will be the face of GOD. GOD is Omnipresent, Omniscient.

But I still cannot KNOW the squirrel you speak of. Hmm, I don't know.

I guess you can reject my belief of my squirrel because it never happened to you. That is okay by me. The feelings or messages or ideas given to me were meant only FOR me. Talking about them to ANYONE (as I have done) can be an exercise in futility (as maybe it was).

But your squirrel... like the "Christian" squirrel I've been told about endlessly and endlessly, ad nauseum... the more I'm told about it does NOT make the squirrel any more true TO ME, or the events of flood(s), war and famine that was talked about in the Bible any better understood BY ME...

Muslim, Jewish, and Christian are related like... at least by being very distant brothers or distant cousins... or maybe cousins or brothers whom they are probably a bit more close than that... I don't know, I guess they are not close if I cannot find a reference to Islam or Quran at the following website...

BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

Nevertheless, it seems the squirrel you cling to gives you happiness and you're grounded in something. The same thing goes for me. And like the squirrel we both each have come to know, that message was meant only for those whom the message was delivered to.

Enter the movie The Matrix. Say what you will but I found it to be an endlessly fascinating film. There is one part of the film that I want you to understand, though...

"When Neo comes from his first discussion with the Oracle, Morpheus says, “What was said was for you and for you alone” (The Matrix). Morpheus sees the relationship between the Oracle and those she speaks with as personal and incommunicable. Abraham was not able to communicate his instructions from God. They were for him and for him only. Morpheus also believes in the ability of the One. The singularity and particularity of his belief contrasts the common universality of ethics. Thus Morpheus also experiences the inwardness and individuality of the Knight of Faith."

Matrix quote above is here.

I don't follow what Abraham did at all. All I know is what is in The Matrix movie, which retells faith and humanity in a different way. In that film was the quote "What was said was for you and for you alone," where one character begins to say to another something that might question the second character's faith... the second character says that quote "What was said..."

To put it another way, I'm glad you have your faith and that I have mine. My faith matters to me, I hope you keep what you feel is true and genuine to yourself.

Blessed Be, Ehsan

-Jack in WA

SickJoke

The Big Bang Theory explains the beginning of the universe (which includes time and space)

Evolution explains mankind (which includes human logic, wisdom, and love)

So where does a god come into the picture? He was a fairy tale used to explain things when science couldn't. Now science can explain these things, and a god is obsolete.

So can you provide one good reason to believe in your religion, rather than the thousands of other religions that existed and still exist today?

Ehsan

Don't be so quick to judge your fellow human beings on that. I'll never put that belief past Bush, I don't think he has all of his faculties... but to me Obama has more common sense. I don't think Obama would escalate something to that perspective. But I sent an e-mail to Obama and Biden anyway what I wrote... just because I can I guess and it's something of a worry. Can we really be that stupid?

Just remember: the earth is not flat. There is nowhere to push and force a group of people to inhabit a corner of earth because such a corner does not exist... If humans are like germs, then forcing a group of humans somewhere else would upset the people already there, a natural and untouched habitat or something...

It's all about balance.

Someday we will all get it.

-Jack in WA

sorry, i didn't intend to judge you or your fellow countrymen. I was only speaking about ourselves. maybe my sentences weren't good enough to show my real intention.

Ehsan

The Big Bang Theory explains the beginning of the universe (which includes time and space)

Evolution explains mankind (which includes human logic, wisdom, and love)

it seems i should refer you to one of my previous posts:

When did time start?
And this is a quick response from your favorite atheist scientist Stephen Hawking:
whatever was prior to the Big Bang will never be known because not belonging to our universe.

Last edited:

SickJoke

When did time start?

Time started at the moment of the big bang.

And this is a quick response from your favorite atheist scientist Stephen Hawking:
whatever was prior to the Big Bang will never be known because not belonging to our universe.

That doesn't provide any evidence for your god.

Ehsan

But I still cannot KNOW the squirrel you speak of. Hmm, I don't know.

I guess you can reject my belief of my squirrel because it never happened to you. That is okay by me. The feelings or messages or ideas given to me were meant only FOR me. Talking about them to ANYONE (as I have done) can be an exercise in futility (as maybe it was).

But your squirrel... like the "Christian" squirrel I've been told about endlessly and endlessly, ad nauseum... the more I'm told about it does NOT make the squirrel any more true TO ME, or the events of flood(s), war and famine that was talked about in the Bible any better understood BY ME...

Muslim, Jewish, and Christian are related like... at least by being very distant brothers or distant cousins... or maybe cousins or brothers whom they are probably a bit more close than that... I don't know, I guess they are not close if I cannot find a reference to Islam or Quran at the following website...

BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

Nevertheless, it seems the squirrel you cling to gives you happiness and you're grounded in something. The same thing goes for me. And like the squirrel we both each have come to know, that message was meant only for those whom the message was delivered to.

Enter the movie The Matrix. Say what you will but I found it to be an endlessly fascinating film. There is one part of the film that I want you to understand, though...

"When Neo comes from his first discussion with the Oracle, Morpheus says, “What was said was for you and for you alone” (The Matrix). Morpheus sees the relationship between the Oracle and those she speaks with as personal and incommunicable. Abraham was not able to communicate his instructions from God. They were for him and for him only. Morpheus also believes in the ability of the One. The singularity and particularity of his belief contrasts the common universality of ethics. Thus Morpheus also experiences the inwardness and individuality of the Knight of Faith."

Matrix quote above is here.

I don't follow what Abraham did at all. All I know is what is in The Matrix movie, which retells faith and humanity in a different way. In that film was the quote "What was said was for you and for you alone," where one character begins to say to another something that might question the second character's faith... the second character says that quote "What was said..."

To put it another way, I'm glad you have your faith and that I have mine. My faith matters to me, I hope you keep what you feel is true and genuine to yourself.

Blessed Be, Ehsan

-Jack in WA

i hope we all could have a common squirrel/common beloved. then we all will become good fellow traveler.

best wishes,
Esan

Last edited:

Ehsan

When did time start?

Time started at the moment of the big bang.

That doesn't provide any evidence for your god.

I posted it just to conclude Big Bang isn't the beginning of time/universe coz there had been something before it that "we will never be known".

SickJoke

I posted it just to conclude Big Bang isn't the beginning of time/universe coz there had been something before it that "we will never be known".

The big bang was the origin of time, space, matter - all of the laws of physics. Before that, the entire universe, and everything in it, was condensed to a singularity. We don't know about anything outside of our universe. That's not evidence for a god.

Why do you say "there had been something before it"? If that's true, then I could make the same claim about your god - there had to have been something before your god.

As far as we know, the universe spontaneously created itself. There's no need for a creator. Adding a god to the equation just adds another step, which requires more explanation.

Last edited:

jackinwa

sorry, i didn't intend to judge you or your fellow countrymen. I was only speaking about ourselves. maybe my sentences weren't good enough to show my real intention.

No-no-no... you came across very well, Ehsan. I knew you were speaking about your fellow brothers and sisters within your own faith.

I am just saying that greedy leaders do everything they can because of greed, to get even more, because they can.

The lesson learned from Bush is that he did horrible stuff in our name because of oil that happens to be under the houses of your brothers and sisters. While some of his destruction has never come to pass...

The US War with Iran has Already Begun

...other events have happened...

Who knows if the equivalent of that hothead Bush still reigns somewhere in the country (or countries) of Afghanistan/Pakistan/Uzbekistan/Kazakhstan/Turkmenistan/Iran. Or maybe it's just Israel.

Just be suspicious, if I can give you advice... I don't think you want to be played again in the touchy environs of the Middle East for the benefit of the greedy among our planet. I know I don't.

For example, I do breathe a sigh of relief now that I never knew Iran with a mushroom cloud over it, as what was believed to come when that article was written. My, wouldn't we be living in a different world now if I had.

-Jack in WA

jackinwa

i hope we all could have a common squirrel/common beloved. then we all will become good fellow traveler.

best wishes,
Esan

Yes, Ehsan/Esan. I feel the same way, it would be easier to find acceptance with my fellow human brothers and sisters...

But instead we all must use logic, reasoning and some common sense to see the world for what it is, not for what the extremist, ultra-religious and the greediest of us humans want it to be.

If humanity is pushed to such a sad extreme, then, yes, it would be hard to think when in dispair, when the mood is clouded, when one feels ill. When one is broke, hungry and is set to blame someone... armed with a weapon and an urgent need to take something. Anything...

That moment is probably when I, too, will try to reconcile with the heavens, just as you apparently do. "Why is this happening," I would cry.

But try we must, for there is no alternative.

There is only two modes that earth can exist 10 years from now, a planet just like this one or a planet maybe darkened and charred beyond recognition.

It is better to live and live united, than to die and to die with everyone, in any circumstance. Right?

-Jack in WA

Thelema

The big bang was the origin of time, space, matter - all of the laws of physics. Before that, the entire universe, and everything in it, was condensed to a singularity. We don't know about anything outside of our universe. That's not evidence for a god.

Why do you say "there had been something before it"? If that's true, then I could make the same claim about your god - there had to have been something before your god.

As far as we know, the universe spontaneously created itself. There's no need for a creator. Adding a god to the equation just adds another step, which requires more explanation.

Well, if the Universe had a beginning, what began it? Was there a creative force that supplied the matter for it? It's a scientific paradox, something can't come from nothing, but the Universe created itself? So, if matter can create itself, why not God? You think, "how dumb, God can't create himself"...but I'm supposed to believe the Universe accomplished the same feat?

SickJoke

Well, if the Universe had a beginning, what began it? Was there a creative force that supplied the matter for it? It's a scientific paradox, something can't come from nothing, but the Universe created itself? So, if matter can create itself, why not God? You think, "how dumb, God can't create himself"...but I'm supposed to believe the Universe accomplished the same feat?[

The singularity that contained the universe before the big bang might have always existed.

Adding a god to the equation just adds another step, which means further complication, which requires further explanation. In other words, Occam's razor rules out a god.

edit: for those who are unfamiliar with the term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ockham_razor