• on your back

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • on your stomach

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • other

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Ryguy2598

Strangely enough, I heard "shy" people tend to sleep on their sides in the fetal position. Also, that talkative and outgoing people sleep on their stomachs. Well I want to see, assuming most people here are "shy", if that could be true. However, don't let me telling you this influence your answer. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tiercel

I sleep on my stomach. And I think I occasionally sleep with my head shoved back and to the right, as every now and then it really hurts if I move my head back and to the right.

And when it's really cold, I pull the blanket up over my bald head. Pullover hats are for those who don't know how to properly snuggle.

Sweet Dreams

I sleep in a bunch of different positions. It usually takes me quite a while to get to sleep, so I have to try and get comfortable. I will usually either sleep on one of my sides or on my stomach, but I'll never sleep on my back.

Lea

Banned
This is what I read about sleep positions in a book of someone who does chanelling. I believe there could be something about it because he suddenly started writing books filled with information about universe etc. which he himself couldn´t know, besides he was never interested in these things.
(I translated it myself from my language so sorry if it sounds somewhat primitive :)).

How important is a body position during sleep? How to position yourself right? Can we sleep on the stomach?

Answer: „The most natural position in sleep is, when the man lay on his back with levelled spine. The hands are placed next to the body with palms open towards the sky, the feet are relaxed next to each other and don´t cross. This position enables regeneration and energetic recharging from the heavenly spheres. It is a spiritually most suitable position in sleep. The body however defends itself against this position most, because during the sleep the body doesn’t want to process such a huge influx of positive energy. The abdomen namely functions as a spiritual magnet and sucks in the omnipresent immaterial energies. During the sleep this happens without the presence of active consciousness. There are people however, who are not able to fall asleep else than on their stomach. They therefore recharge themselves during the night more with the earth energy. It often stems from the model of their consciousness -from the astrological sign. Generally said: The position of the body during sleep reflects the actual energetic condition of a man. The body automatically finds the right position for intake of the new energies. This way arises energetic autoregulation. The body sends impulse to the consciousness, which positon is now suitable for the intake of energies and the man processes it as a need to change positon into one which is more pleasant to him. This way then the consciousness moves the physical body back into the most suitable – that is pleasant position of the sleep. People who progress fast on the journey of spiritual evolution more often feel the need to fall asleep in the ideal position – on their back, and this way collect during the night greater amount of heavenly energy."

If it´s true it would be good then, because I usually fall asleep on the back. I find it most comfortable. I only turn on the stomach if I can´t sleep or if I´m sick etc.

Last edited:
I used to seep on my tummy all the time when I was a kid. I can't remember at what age or why I started to sleep on my side, but have ever since.

leave_me_alone

Left side while i try to get in sleep mode, while watching tv. When i feel sleepy enough, i turn around on right side, put tv on shut down timer and sleep. Thats pretty much what i do everyday.

dean01

i sleep on my right side in the fetal position and wake up in the same position.

Luke1993

i thought the fetal position was the standard? that's how i sleep anyway. apparently sleeping on your back is unhealthy, can't remember why though lol

nikkixo

i sleep on my side..with a blanket wrapped around me like a cocoon with a bunch of pillows all around me. i like to feel protected lol