What kind of music do you listen to?

wow so many different tastes. I listen to mostly hip hop, dancehall and reggae, and R&B. I listen to select songs from rock (dont kno which class it belongs to lol). But all music is welcome.

pandamonium77

Umm, a lot, and i cant really classify them other than alternative, but not emo music
Innerpartysystem, Röyksopp, The Knife, Sum 41, The Rasmus, Motion City Soundtrack
much much more too

Rodox

I like all kinds of music,but I am listening most of the times to rock,metal and punk.

I almost exclusively listen to metal of all subgenres. It's gotten me through some tough times in life. When anyone talks smack about metal I am quick to administer corrective measures.

I used to 'like' rap back at the end of middle school/start of high school, and that's when my self-esteem was the lowest

LostViking

I can listen to pretty much anything, it all depends on my mood or what I feel like listening to. Currently Hole and Feeder are rotating heavily on my playlist, along with the latest album from Gallows.

UK Hardcore, Jungle, Techno, Rave, Acid, New Beat, Break Beat, House, Hardhouse, Tech House, Acid House, Chicago House,, Goa Trance, Psy-Trance, Progressive House, Progressive Trance, Piano House, IDM,

talisman

Mostly metal, especially Folk, Viking, Pagan, Power and Melodic Death, but I also like some 'epic' Black metal.

I also enjoy a bit of traditional folk, some neo-mediaeval and the odd classical tune.

Finally I like orchestral soundtracks, especially the epic ones

iamthenra

Mostly heavy metal... But I will listen to all types of music. From musicals like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music, Nat King Cole, Titanic sound track, Braveheart sound track, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Fear Factory, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Pantera, Deicide, Lamb of God etc...

slimjim119

Hard rock and metal. Some of my favorites are:

Van Halen
Metallica
Motley Crue
Anthrax
Kiss
Iron Maiden
Twisted Sister

PhobiaTired

I like many types of music but
my fav is rap music :D

Listening to rap esp from Spain is my fav...it gets me through my boredom, it helps me gain confidence, and i can relate to what many express through the lyrics.

I was reading the thread; How important is music to you; and like i thought music means a whole lot to many of us here. But I was thinking what kind of music do you listen to. Like for example I listen mainly to indie pop and indie rock. And this article BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Music tastes link to personality made me a bit shocked because I think it´s pretty accurate.

Interesting article. But I remain skeptical because I like some rap (even though I hate most of it), but I have low self esteem and am not outgoing. I love classical music, but I'm not really "at ease." I love dance music, but I'm gentle. I don't care for heavy metal but I like rock, and I am hard-working. Too bad they didn't include folk, vocal, New Age, or easy listening. I wonder what that would have implied.

my choices from the article -

CLASSICAL MUSIC High self-esteem, creative, introvert and at ease

RAP High self-esteem, outgoing

DANCE Creative, outgoing, not gentle

ROCK/HEAVY METAL Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

Last edited:
I like many types of music but
my fav is rap music :D

Listening to rap esp from Spain is my fav...it gets me through my boredom, it helps me gain confidence, and i can relate to what many express through the lyrics.

Really? Can you recommend some good rap artists from Spain?

Phoenixx

I mostly listen to post-hardcore, metal, and hard rock. But I also love punk and indie music too. I'll listen to pretty much anything except country, rap, and pop.