What is the most awkward situation you've ever been in?

SadSally

I went to a pretty small school with only 180 students. When I was in secondary/high school, one of my classes only had five students in it, including me. Anyway, the other four girls were in a clique and I was on my own. They were nice but I didn't belong. Anyway, the teacher used to show up everyday and he didn't even teach us anything. He would just read a paragraph out of the book and then talk to the clique for the rest of the class. He used to sit near their tables down in the back corner of the classroom. I used to sit on the opposite side of the room facing away from everyone. It was so awkward. I used to just sit there pretending to read or draw while they talked. This went on for years (same situation, different classrooms).

fate12321

For me, church is an awkward situation. I don't normally go there. I just go there every once in a while just to please my parents. Anyways, mostly every time I go there, when everyone gets up to sing, I usually just stand there just mentally reading the choir book.

SadSally

For me, church is an awkward situation. I don't normally go there. I just go there every once in a while just to please my parents. Anyways, mostly every time I go there, when everyone gets up to sing, I usually just stand there just mentally reading the choir book.

Lol, I used to do that in school and the teacher would scream at me in front of everybody for not participating.:crying:

theoutsider

I went to a pretty small school with only 180 students. When I was in secondary/high school, one of my classes only had five students in it, including me. Anyway, the other four girls were in a clique and I was on my own. They were nice but I didn't belong. Anyway, the teacher used to show up everyday and he didn't even teach us anything. He would just read a paragraph out of the book and then talk to the clique for the rest of the class. He used to sit near their tables down in the back corner of the classroom. I used to sit on the opposite side of the room facing away from everyone. It was so awkward. I used to just sit there pretending to read or draw while they talked. This went on for years (same situation, different classrooms).

Wow, that sounds pretty bad. Sorry you had to go through that for such a long time.

My most awkward experience was when I started working at this small company. The manager that hired me would lie all the time to get what he wanted. There were three of us in our department (not counting the manager) and we were all fairly new. He lied to all of us in the interview and told us that we were all going to be the supervisor in a few months after we got used to things. The three of us employees compared notes and realized we'd all been lied to. When other people started pressing him, he finally named someone as supervisor out of the blue. Me. I had no idea he was going to do that but the other two employees thought I'd gone behind their backs and made some kind of deal with him. They were uncooperative and generally made things very difficult. I think they would mess things up on purpose just so that I would have to fix it. Every time a problem came up, they would never try to fix it. They would just yell, "Supervisor, this is your job!" I hated that whole situation and the company was going downhill fast so I quit after working there for only a few months more.

zharl

I probably can't accurately answer this question as I've been in many, but here goes nothing:

One of the most awkward experiences I've had was when I went to a party for a theater group that I was a part of. Here's the thing, I went to the party after not really being apart of the group for about two years. A girl I had a crush on at the time asked as I was going, so without thinking I said yes.

Essentially, I spent the entire time at the party sitting on a step that was a walkway to the pool--it was a pool party, naturally I didn't bring a bathing suit. Some people tried to talk to me--out of sympathy I'm guessing--but I couldn't keep a conversation up past a few words.

I didn't participate in anything and finally had my parents pick me up after 45 minutes. It was awful and awkward for me, and awful and awkward for anyone who tried to reach out to me.

Xervello

I'm sorry you went through that. I went to a school almost that exact same size. And certain grades had only a handful of students like you described, and there were a few outcasts among them. Unfortunately I didn't really do much to reach out to them. I was a dumb kid back then, but I'm a different person now. Sometimes I think about the ones that were on their own. I wonder if maybe the girls that were in the clique you mentioned were just as dumb as I was. And if maybe they think back and remember you.

As for me, I don't have just one awkward situation that stands out. More like a bunch of equally awkward experiences. Anything I do in public nowadays makes me feel that way. Which is ironic that I was a lot better in high school than I am now. I guess I peaked way early, lol.

Xion

For me, high school is the most awkward situation I've been in. My class mates ignore me and I feel very invisible and awkward when then happens