What is something about you that you wish people would understand

crazypants

Same here. My mom once called me super selfish because I'm not good at showing that I care, and it was even worse when I was younger.

Eeek, that's awful. It's like everyone has this book of rules when it comes to how to behave, and if you fall outside the guidelines and don't do things exactly as they would, you're some kind of jerk.

If there's one good thing about having SAD, I feel like it makes me a little more easy going about how other people are with their little quirks. Feeling like an outsider has definitely made me more of an "I'm ok, you're ok" kind of person!

Srijita52

Eeek, that's awful. It's like everyone has this book of rules when it comes to how to behave, and if you fall outside the guidelines and don't do things exactly as they would, you're some kind of jerk.

If there's one good thing about having SAD, I feel like it makes me a little more easy going about how other people are with their little quirks. Feeling like an outsider has definitely made me more of an "I'm ok, you're ok" kind of person!
I agree.
Some people accused me of being selfish too because I don´t know how to engage, don´t smile and don´t know how to show sympathy. Funny it came from someone who I think if pretty selfish himself (was even warned from him before). But anyway I think this describes what most people think. My cousin once told me I was cold like a dogs face. Whatever they want to think, sunshines :rolleyes:.
I'm sorry Lea, I don't think you're selfish at all though.

Minty

That my moods aren't about them. It's usually completely unrelated to anyone at all.

The worst part is I'm not overly negative around anyone. I just get quiet/distant when I'm feeling low. But they take the quietness personally, which I'll never understand. I'm quiet to sort of protect them from what I'm feeling, and this is just naturally how I process my emotions. I wish there wasn't this intense pressure to perform for everyone all the time so they can feel good about themselves. I just want to be me.

Phoenixx

and as for liking childish things: so what? i like hello kitty, disney, cute stuff, pokemon. im sure everyone has plenty of things they hold onto from their childhood. and there are far worse things i could be into
^ I like childish things too and I believe I always will. I still love animated Disney and Pixar films (I don't see why anyone wouldn't!), I'm still a sucker for cartoons, especially older ones, and I still love and play the video games I grew up with as a kid (yes, including Pokemon). You like what you like, who cares what anyone else thinks. Enjoy yourself!

Silatuyok

I wish other people would understand that I'm interesting and funny and fun to be around once you get to know me.

MrSunday

I always feel misunderstood. I always wanted a snow cone but people still give me a pineapple. >_> This is no joke...

JuiceB

People always assume that I'm mad when they see my face. I'm not frowning at all, I just don't have much to smile about.

WeirdyMcGee

Money and status shouldn't be the most important things in life.

As long as we're using fossil fuels and creating more waste than recyclables-- we're screwing ourselves out of a home. It's too late now, but why continue when we know we've made a mistake?
It's like messing up a little bit when drawing something with pencil and rather than erasing the mistake-- scribbling all over the paper/crumpling it and tossing it across the room.

KiaKaha

Banned
I wish other people would understand that I'm interesting and funny and fun to be around once you get to know me.

That's like me - or at least that's what my mum says.
I am actually quite a nice person in real life. Most people don't want know me though... a quick once over and instantly judged a loser.

hidwell

That's like me - or at least that's what my mum says.
I am actually quite a nice person in real life. Most people don't want know me though... a quick once over and instantly judged a loser.

Judge not lest thee be judged, its in the bible somewhere.