what do APD males have to offer opposite sex?

Kinetik

To be honest, I'm not sure your average woman would notice much of a difference between an APD man and one without it. Lots of men are reserved and generally quite insular. I feel that sociable, outgoing men are in fact the minority.

In any case, I make it a point not to label myself with anything when I meet someone new, and in many instances people don't notice anything all that different about me. I don't mention that I can't really make phone calls, that I won't open the front door to people I don't know, that I flunked college due to social anxiety, that I'm too fearful of working a job in the real world and that I've never had any friends to speak of. It all sounds like a huge obstacle when I list it like that, but I've learned that it doesn't have to be a big deal if you don't make it a big deal. They are all things that can be introduced gradually without any one thing being a dealbreaker. That being the case, I'd go so far as to say an avoidant male can offer a woman more or less everything a regular guy could. It's got more to do with chemistry (for example, whether she's a little shy/introverted herself) than anything else. Of course, this may be different for those with severe APD, but I would say that people with mild to moderate cases are far from hopeless when it comes to love and relationships.

Last edited:

Ms Cloud

To be honest, I'm not sure your average woman would notice much of a difference between an APD man and one without it. Lots of men are reserved and generally quite insular. I feel that sociable, outgoing men are in fact the minority.
That's very true. The "strong, silent type" comes to mind. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I can't get enough of APDers. They have so much hidden depth, same as regular introverts but even more so.

That's very true. The "strong, silent type" comes to mind. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I can't get enough of APDers. They have so much hidden depth, same as regular introverts but even more so.

Which type? 1, 2 or 3? AvPD is complicated and to complicate it more AvPD is usually comborbid with other troubles. I'd healthily avoid all of them unless a type 1 knew they were avoidant then I'd probably avoid just types 2 and 3.

We're not all bad, us Avies. For a lot of us it's a deep rooted feeling of rejection and being judged. You'll have your work cut out for you if you try to get close too soon.

Ms Cloud

We're not all bad, us Avies. For a lot of us it's a deep rooted feeling of rejection and being judged. You'll have your work cut out for you if you try to get close too soon.
Well yeah, but I'm like that too so it's what I understand best. I'm plenty avoidant, I just don't like calling myself that.

Well yeah, but I'm like that too so it's what I understand best. I'm plenty avoidant, I just don't like calling myself that.

:) That is all I could do when I read "I just don't like calling myself that."

We don't need to label ourselves. We don't need excuses. We're fine. We will be fine.