What are your top ten most favorite video games?

Luke1993

I really want to get into Final Fantasy but which one should I start with? People say 7 is the best but should I start with an earlier one?

Danfalc

Banned
Baldurs gate 2

Old now but back when it came out it was amazing, it was the first rpg game that was just like playing d&d In a real fantasy world. The dialogue was mainly text but it still far exceeds most of today's games story lines.

Dragon Age Origins
Bioware yet again set a benchmark for quality. The best Western rpg to come out for a long time. I just hope number two is as good and doesn't get dumbed down.

Ultima Online
I doubt many people will of heard of this. But this was the first mmorpg I played, and It came out about 10 years ago, and is still going! But this was before mmo's were big business, so there was no constant grinding for gear, if you wanted armour you had to go to a blacksmith player ect The community was great. Tehn EA took over and thigs went down hill. The pvp was great too.

Stalker shadow of Chernobyl.

This game was rushed and buggy. But after you get it stable, it is one of the most atmospheric games I have played. It's a shooter with some rpg elements. When you get wounded, you have to bandage your wounds to stop bleeding and take vodka to get rid of radiation poisoning. It's like one huge big sand box with so much to do.

i will come back and add more

Tiercel

Not in any particular order....

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - Mom named me after Luke Skywalker, so gimme a break.
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - You can finally actually dismember people with a lightsaber. Count me in!
Baldur's Gate - I used to enjoy pausing it then spawning an equal number of "friendly" and "hostile" Drizzts, then watch them go at it. The rest of the game was at least as cool.
Neverwinter Nights - Lady Aribeth is hot. Also Bioware, so it's good.
Quake - mega TF > all. The one Star Wars mod and FvF were also cool.
Call of Duty 2 - Because killin' Nazis is never out of style.
Battlefield: 1942 - Never online, but endless LAN parties with brother and friends. And I still enjoy flying under the bridges on the Bocage map.
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - X-Wing meets WWII. Hell yeah! Plus I always laugh when my AI allies scream over the radio when they get shot down in flames. As my brother said just the other day upon hearing one such occasion, "Wow, that sounds quite impressive."
Age of Empires 1-3 - Rogan?
Starcraft - Aliens meets AoE. Terrans are cool. And nothing beats the feeling after fending off a massive Zerg attack.