What are you all doing this weekend?

mesc000

My roomate has gone out tonight... and yes I'm suck home on another friday night... alone.. woo.

xSleepy

crap it already the weekend! Im probably just gonna clean. I hate weekends cause thats when everybody is out. Id rahter go out when theres not many people around. Even though its not like i ever do anything anyways.

mesc000

I know! I don't have "hobbies" per say.. but if I do go out I try to say away from those over-crowded people places... i.e, everywhere!! Clubs are the worst... everytime I have to get dragged out to those places... but I think with a little alcohol i'm okay.. lol. Man... cleaning the house.,, always fun when you live with slobs... do you have roomates?

Richey

You don't have to like clubs, so many people act like sheep and in their mind they believe thats what you have to do come the weekend, ok sure you may be genuine and REALLy crave dancing in public and drinking around other people, that's normal as humans need to let off steam ...but you can do it staying at home and being in the moment by watching films or reading, go to the movies, visit a museum, drink with a friend at a house, read about the world, eat out at a restaurant, go to a sporting event, see a play, go for a drive ... the list is endless

think a little outside the square ...some people arn't wired for the clubbing environment, in fact i notice alot of people at clubs are quite fake, not all but many do it to look cool and just to follow the crowd, like sheep. but if the issue is just getting out of the house then there are many routs you can go down

make sure its what interests you first and formost.

i;m obsessed with music so i go to concerts all the time, meeting people with similar interests, this suits me and my individuality.

Edith

On Staurday I'm going to an all day outdoor Soju and Rice cake festival... there will be a gagillion people and free alcohol... and I'll either have a (major) minor freak out or a really good time. We'll see.

Sunday I'm going on a bike trip to the park and am going to chill out in the sun by myself with a small picnic and a good book. Maybe take a sun-nap too.

SilentStranger

I am at home... fiddling around with the computers. Thats pretty much what I do every weekend.

I live alone... so I can be blissfully unaware of what other people are doing on Friday and Saturday nights... that is atleast until monday when people at work ask what I did last weekend and discuss what they did.

-SS

Argamemnon

Richey said:
You don't have to like clubs, so many people act like sheep and in their mind they believe thats what you have to do come the weekend, ok sure you may be genuine and REALLy crave dancing in public and drinking around other people, that's normal as humans need to let off steam ...but you can do it staying at home and being in the moment by watching films or reading, go to the movies, visit a museum, drink with a friend at a house, read about the world, eat out at a restaurant, go to a sporting event, see a play, go for a drive ... the list is endless

think a little outside the square ...some people arn't wired for the clubbing environment, in fact i notice alot of people at clubs are quite fake, not all but many do it to look cool and just to follow the crowd, like sheep. but if the issue is just getting out of the house then there are many routs you can go down

make sure its what interests you first and formost.

i;m obsessed with music so i go to concerts all the time, meeting people with similar interests, this suits me and my individuality.
Very good post. I think the problem is finding people with similar interests to do all those things.

TAMPA-BAY

WHAT ARE WE DOING

So far I spent the whole morning bikeing riding and at the beach. Now its 1pm and i'll be heading to work for the rest of the day. The beach was fun as alwayse plus I got my daily exircise in. Unfortunately I was alone at the beach. Riding alone is ok cause no one realy notices that. Its the beach where I alwayse feel odd by my self. I am at the beach just about every day by the way. I have people I could go with but they are so much more outgoing than I am so I alwayse feel like I am slowing them down.

I just wish I had one of you guys to go to the beach with.

Great_Beyond

I'm going to dance classes and rehearsals which I do every day. In the time I'm not doing that I'm finishing my annotated bibliography for English class which is due on Monday.

Edith

Re: WHAT ARE WE DOING

TAMPA-BAY said:
So far I spent the whole morning bikeing riding and at the beach. Now its 1pm and i'll be heading to work for the rest of the day. The beach was fun as alwayse plus I got my daily exircise in. Unfortunately I was alone at the beach. Riding alone is ok cause no one realy notices that. Its the beach where I alwayse feel odd by my self. I am at the beach just about every day by the way. I have people I could go with but they are so much more outgoing than I am so I alwayse feel like I am slowing them down.

I just wish I had one of you guys to go to the beach with.

Shucks.... I would definatly go to the beach with you... that is basically what I do every weekend too. :wink:

livingnsilence

sittin around and doing absolutely nothing but whatching tv and siting on the computer, also trying to find motivation to clean or do laundry and trying to remember what I did at the party I went to thurs. since I blacked out again (hope I didn't screw up again during it).

ripewithdecay

I went to a concert tonight and had a BLAST... which is a rare thing. And the best thing was I didn't feel much SA, I just acted like a complete idiot infront of the people I went with (who I knew from long ago but haven't seen for a while) and I didn't die or anything, they didn't tell me to f' off or say anything rude, actually I felt quite care free, and they were cool with it. The only downside is that there was no women looking my way at all :( But you know what? Who gives a crap. You don't have to have that to enjoy live music. In fact music >girls imho. Kthxbye!

Edith

I had a blast at the big Soju festival on Saturday, and while I was there I got a call from a guy I'd met the night before asking me out for drinks downtown. I actually had to raincheck because I was ALREADY doing something!! How bizarre.

Then today I planned on going on a quiet bike trip by myself but a friend texted me and we went shopping and then met up with some people for dinner and beer.

A very bizarre (but amazing) weekend indeed! I felt not an ounce of anxiety even when I was in the HUGE crowd with a gagillion people surrounding me. I didn't drowned in the sea of people like I'm apt to do.

Every baby step I've taken is ACTUALLY starting to move me forward. It's freaking amazing.

And I think next week I'm going camping with some people I met yesterday. I used to DREAD the weekends, but ever since I forced myself to start doing what I want I've actually begun to look forward to my two days off.