what are some beer brands?

chaz08

I know this sounds horrible but I'm not planning on self-medicating with alcohol. I've actually improved a lot in the past couple of years but I'm still uncomfortable getting intimate with ppl and especially during sex......I just feel so self conscious, act awkward and end up thinking rather than enjoying the act!! I guess the problem is that deep down I still don't think that I'm good enough, attractive and worthy. and I working on that daily but I also thought that alcohol can help.
the problem is that I'm 23 and I never drank before. other than beer has less alcohol content than vodka I don't know anything.

can you guys suggest me some beer brands that are cheap, weak(for first timers) that get you social not drunk?
also are there some tips to avoid getting drunk on your first time? does it help to let the alcohol evaporate before drinking? :)

upndwn

Hi, and welcome to SPW chaz08 :)

First off, you should never drink alcohol as a form of self-medication and I don't recommend drinking alone. That said, I'm a big beer lover so I'll give you a few pointers ;)

If you want to relax your alcohol intake while drinking you should try not to drink to fast and I have always found that it helps to have something to eat while you are drinking. Always drink some water when enjoying alcohol as this waters down the alcohol.

For a starter beer Budweiser is a cheap brand, although not my favorite. I would also recommend Heineken, Carlsberg, Tuborg, Hansa, Fosters and Grolsch to begin with. You could also try Light variants with less alcohol.

drganon

Just remember; liquor before beer , never fear. Beer before liquor throw up quicker. Beer and liquor at the same time is okay.Probably.....

InfraRecon

If it is your first time drinking you could probably get drunk pretty fast... then this new fun, happy drunk feeling will probably spur you on to continue drinking. Just try to remember that no-one really realizes how drunk they are in the moment. Take it real slow!

WeirdyMcGee

If you're hanging out with people - try drinking what they're drinking?
You won't know if you have a taste for something until you've tried it a couple of times...
And please do not get drunk just for the sake of getting drunk- that's terribly unhealthy.

I would suggest Corona as a 'beer brand' that's modestly priced and fairly popular. You can nurse one bottle all night and no one will be the wiser.
corona1.jpg

Corona is a pale lager with a bit of a zing but overall, mild taste. It's fairly popular, even being an import- so I don't think it would be too expensive no matter where you go.

or a Caesar. A Caesar drinks more like a meal, so it can fill your tummy and people tend to gravitate to the person holding a Caesar in their hand.
img-thing

It's a mixed drink made from 1–1½ oz of vodka, two dashes of hot sauce, three dashes of salt and pepper, four dashes of Worcestershire sauce and topped with 4–6 oz of Clamato and served with ice.
Because it is a mixed drink, the price will vary based on where you get it... but I believe the drink is actually quite Canadian- so I'm not so sure about prices or popularity outside of the country.

And if you feel like trying something new, you could always ask for a pint of the house lager?

Remus

Staff member
Stick with two pints of lager/beer, you'll feel relaxed and wont make a dick of yourself.

I've no idea what that is in ml though lol

Try guiness, it will put hairs on your chest haha

Joolin

If you want something light and pleasant to get acquainted with beer, I wouldn't go straight for the cheap stuff since it might put you off beer altogether. Try a nice lager like Stella Artois or Peroni. They are both very crisp and refreshing and lack the weird chemical/metallic taste of the super-cheap stuff like Pabst or Budweiser. Corona is also a good starter since it is very light, and if you drink it with a slice of lime it almost tastes a bit like a non-sweet soda! Lagers are also good to start with if you don't want to get drunk since they are usually around 4-5% alcohol as opposed to ales which go from 5-10% and in rare cases even higher! I love a good heavy ale but I certainly wouldn't recommend one to someone just discovering beer. The one other style I might recommend would be a wheat beer like Hoegaarden, which has a smooth, fruity taste.

Last edited:

Agent_Violet

it sounds girly but i hate beer. the first time i drank i did so with wine coolers so i wouldn't get trashed...takes forever to get drunk off wine coolers.

then i graduated to rum and coke...more coke than rum til i got used to it.

now i prefer wine.

maiato

Banned
Beers are most similur when the issue is alcool. Even if u never drink any i don't think u will get drunk easily, only if u drink 2 many....although, at first time people normally dont like beer so it would be quite hard.

So my advice is ask for the popular one and drink 1,2 just to socialize if that's the point!