Were you emotionaly abused as a kid/teen?

Were you emotionally/mentally abused as a kid/teen?

• Yes

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters

Lorraine Manca

As a kid, my mother went balistic whenever I got sick, caught a cold, or the flu, or got hurt as if I did it for the sole purpose of ruining her day. It really messed with my head.

As a kid, my mother went balistic whenever I got sick, caught a cold, or the flu, or got hurt as if I did it for the sole purpose of ruining her day. It really messed with my head.

My mother did that too. Whenever I got sick, she got very mad at me. Like I did it on purpose or smth. :( I still don't understand it.

shybhoy

yeh i was....but i think the majority of kids were emotionally abused who were working class in the UK i think its the mentality of parents passing on the trend, but now its got attention and its being publicised that its wrong and that it does awful damage people are finally starting to waken up ! it just made me more determind to be the opposite of my parents and try and have a good life though it has effected me....i think we all learn to build a wall up to it after a point. On the other side my parents were incredibly young when they had me but i still think society when i was growing up and before then did not see a problem in using emotional abuse as a restraint i mean back in the 60's 70's and 80's most working class would not know what emotional abuse was.

Outshined

I was always known as the quiet guy, or that one guy who never says much. Hearing that time and time again was painful, and yet the people who said it were perfectly fine neglecting me too. Communication goes BOTH ways. At home, I was chewed out for all sorts of random things when my parents weren't too busy. I think my SA and depression really took a hold as I began to realize that I didn't fit in anywhere. Whoever says nice people fail is full of sh*t. There aren't enough of them in this world.

this_portrait

Aside from being socially rejected by my peers and getting picked on, no, I was never really 'emotionally abused.' What other kids, or hell, even in a few cases, another family member, said doesn't matter. As long as the people I counted on were there, my emotional health was all right, for the most part.

LadyWench

I don't really know if you could call what I went through "abuse". Because it wasn't, really. My father isn't in my life at all. He has 1256498456 kids by 0651565648 different women, and doesn't care for ANY of them. He's basically a piece of garbage and I was an accident. So, I had to deal with that as a child. But that isn't the worst part. I think it bothered me the most because I have such a psychotic mother, that I didn't have any other parent to go to when I needed them.

My mom has borderline personality disorder. Well, she of course denies that she has it. She says that I have issues for even telling her she's borderline. If you read up on borderline mothers, you'll know what I'm talking about. Eh. Just growing up with her I think has a lot to do with my issues. I don't blame them ALL on her. I'm sure that I already had a predisposition to be ****ed up in the head. She just set it free and made it worse. That's what I believe, anyway.

She's extremely paranoid about EVERYTHING. Things that are totally uncalled for. And here I am, a major hypochondriac with OCD, panic disorder and clinical depression.

Thanks, mom. Way to go.

I know I could have had it MUCH worse. I'm thankful that I wasn't physically abused or anything.