Were you bullied, teased, harrassed as a kid?

jaim38

^Some bullies respond when I show that I'm hurt. They distance themselves away from me. But most bullies that I met don't care if I show that I'm hurt. In fact, some of them are even egged on by that fact. They become more bold and aggressive, because they know their bullying have an impact on me. Sometimes, it's better not to show that you're hurt.

I wish I could share my story. But I am scared of reopening the chapter that was closed way back. I dont want to remember that part, so I will just answer you question as "yes".

For sure i was bullied, but didn't realise so much at the time. Wasn't too major really, but was regular enough (in school & out of & after school days). It seemed almost everywhere i went, at least one person would want to "attack" me. So i became always on-guard, always suspicious, always expecting attack at any moment. And inevitably it i guess has contributed in a fairly major way to my very nervous/anxious personality, isolated/AvPD/SA/SP life i life still to this day, 20-30 years later on.

Naesala

Yeah I was bullied. I don't know if your still looking for stories, but I`d be willing to share. I`m not going to post everything here right now, I got to go soon and its a long story.

Bullied and Teased for 12 years. Same school, same class and a bunch of arrogant, sadistic kids.I hate them all - they ruined my childhood. I was so scared coming to school....never want to see them again.

Littlewilly

I was bullied when I first started school because I was quiet & shy but after I sort of settled in it seemed to ease but when I got up to secondary school as we call it in the UK or did.
it started again after a while but this time it was mostly Teasing because of the above.
I think the only thing it has done is stopped me moving through life at ease like relationships & making something of myself.:sad:

LavenderWitch

Yes, I was bullied when I was kid. Some kids used to bully me because I was very shy and used to called me "dumb" because I have learning disability.

akala

I dealt with a lot of rejection as a child. I never fit in anywhere, I had a very crazy past and nobody really got me. I grew up kind of isolated, and made weird friend choices looking back. I was sensitive, and when I encountered bullying I cried and was told to leave the classroom, and my bully never bullied me after that.

I was targeted by a teacher growing up who had some issues... he was kind of a bully to everyone but targeted me because i was so sensitive.

I also was targeted by a particular parent of a friend I had, I never understood why, i was such a nice girl.

Things got better after I was put into gifted classes for the rest of my grade school years. My mom said I really blossomed during those years.

Last edited:

TreeBones

My brothers bullied me relentlessly when I was young.
I was never bullied in a school setting or anything though.

YukoNishi

Yes, it was especially bad from the age of 10 to 13. All the kids I knew at school would make fun of me, insult me, call me ugly, stupid, freak, actually get physical with me...I didnt have friends, I was always alone.
I still hate my former classmates to this day.

lonerism

I was bullied some - but nothing too bad, thankfully. I think during my childhood - there were a lot of instances when I was "bossed around", rather than bullied. I was so quiet, shy and passive - and I was often around people who had stronger personalities, and I allowed myself to be ordered around by them. And one childhood friend I had seemed to relish in all of this ostentatious bragging and the stroking of her own ego - often at my expense. She would say all of these things to openly flaunt her so-called superiority over me...how her house was supposedly nicer, how she went to a more prestigious school, etc.. I didn't stand up for myself like I should have - which emboldened her and others.

There was one year in particular that was about the worst for me as far as being the target of more aggressive classmates (mostly other girls) - my quietness/shyness (and also the fact that I was considered a "Goodie Two Shoes") put me at the bottom of the social totem pole. But I don't look back on this period with much of a feeling of residual trauma. And for some reason, things improved the next year (7th grade) - despite the fact that my social anxiety was actually getting worse. I developed a certain "status" (perhaps with the ample help of my teachers); I was praised for being the top student in the class....and instead of this creating a backlash against me, it somehow began to work in my favor, in terms of generating a certain respect and thwarting bullying/animosity. (It also helped that I was known as a sharp dresser during that time, lol - seems that this added to my status.)

My mental condition further deteriorated in high school - but the fact that I went to 3 different high schools in 4 years may have actually helped me in some ways; I got out of dodge before people became too familiar with me and "figured me out". Not that I didn't encounter some problems - particularly at my 3rd high school. I should have gone to a 4th high school for my senior year - lol.