Voices

Agent_Violet

When you read posts here, do you assign each person their own individual voice in your head? Since most of us have never heard each other talk, we'd have to either make a voice up or use a voice we've heard before.

i really hope i'm not the only one who does this. that would make me feel like a complete freak.

Dead_on_Arrival

I was going to create a thread of peoples voices bc I do it too. I stopped short of posting it up as I thought people would think it too personal.

Agent_Violet

true...i think it would be kinda fun though:) of course, i can be offensive without really realizing sometimes so perhaps you're right lol

MrJones

A thread for voices? Even better, singing contest!! :D

I don't think I do this, most people don't even show their face, I don't have enough imagination to make up a voice :p
Anyway I don't think this makes you a freak, I think it's cute ::p:

I do that, kinda. Each person doesn't get their own voice. That would be difficult. I have a generic guy voice and a generic girl voice.

Rembrandt Broam

Actually I read all posts in the same 'voice' in my head. My brain is probably just too lazy to come up with different ones, lol. :D

WeirdyMcGee

Sure~ why not?
I remember voices once I hear them- so although I can't remember faces or names, I associate events with people's voices.

Agent_Violet

Sure~ why not?
I remember voices once I hear them- so although I can't remember faces or names, I associate events with people's voices.

that's a very cool talent actually:) if someone ever prank calls you, you can identify them if you've spoken to them before

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I used to for a lot of people, not as much anymore. For most I have a generic voice that I variate a little bit depending on avatar/writing style/gender.

MrJones

I think it would be fun if everyone record themselves reading out loud with different voices they use for different people in the forum :p

Dead_on_Arrival

I think we should invoke a vote. Yay or nay for a post your voice thread.
Or would it destroy the mystery of people and the ideas of how others persieve us to sound.

Agent_Violet

Nay I dislike my voice. Husband says it's throaty and seductive. I think it's masculine and I wish it were softer/higher

WeirdyMcGee

that's a very cool talent actually:) if someone ever prank calls you, you can identify them if you've spoken to them before

Oh, yes~ I can also tell what a person's natural voice is- when they're trying to hide it by speaking higher/lower pitch/fake accent. A person's voice crops down or pitches up to their speaking voice in between words for a nano second.
Very handy for 'prank' phone calls. :rolleyes:

TheNightCreature

I make up people voices all the time, I'm just hoping people imagine my voice as A deep eastern european voice like dracula lol I'm weird lol :)