Visitors from other worlds

Angkorwat

Hey everyone, I have a question to ask all of you that ties aliens with SA. Let's say that aliens visit us in the future and merge themselves within society. Putting aside the excitement or fear that would initially spark from first contact, how would you feel while communicating with aliens? Would you feel less nervous around them because they aren't humans, or would you feel more uncomfortable with them since they would most likely be even more intelligent than us? I thought about this because I have always been interested in astronomy and aliens. Since aliens would be different than humans, I think in my mind they would be different and maybe I wouldn't feel so scared to have interactions with them, much like how I have no social anxiety while playing and saying random stuff to my dogs.

Witty_Name0_0

Lots of people with SA have had traumatic experiences with people when they are young and that's why they have it. I think they would feel more comfortable as long as they new they weren't in danger.

MollyBeGood

I would be okay with it, and would find the idea fascinating. It's really not intelligent to think WE are the only intelligent species in the universe. I have actually gotten into the study of aliens in the last few yrs and love the topic. There is so much disinformation out there about aliens. Really makes you think.

I am addicted to listening to old Art Bell shows. He has a ton of guests who talk of aliens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rwqwmCZAx0

Last edited:

Kiwong

I think I was meant to be a Cockatoo. I am fluent in bird.

In Uni I made friends with people from other countires, South Korea, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Phillipines. I only had a couple of Aussie friends. There was something more genuine about the cultures of other countries. Of course most of the students in my course were younger than me, and looking to get drunk and party, being away from their parents for the first time in their lives.

Last edited:
I think I'd be less anxious around them, because I wouldn't have the negative associations that I have with humans. But of course, it also highly depends on what kind of alien it is, and how they act and interact with us.

Doubt it. BIG language barrier.
^Don't you know Aliens use telepathy, jc? :ironicsmile:
They will be able to read your thoughts and implant theirs in your brain. Which means you will have to remove all of those *cough* sinful *cough, cough* thoughts from your mind when you approach one of the alien visitors. ;)

Will they be carrying probes though?
^But how do we tell if it IS a probe or just their version of a lightsaber they are required to carry with them? :thinking:

To the OP, yes I believe I would be less anxious around an alien. Especially if they have a greater intelligence than humans.

^Don't you know Aliens use telepathy, jc? :ironicsmile:
They will be able to read your thoughts and implant theirs in your brain. Which means you will have to remove all of those *cough* sinful *cough, cough* thoughts from your mind when you approach one of the alien visitors. ;)

E.T. might learn some new tricks ;)

^Yes! and Mrs E.T might send you a 20 year old bottle of Alien Scotch as a thank you gift. :thumbup:

Depending on what exactly Mrs. E.T. looks like i might just have to show her personally. In the name of um... peace and everything. :cool: