Unbearably uncomfortable With Myself

DeadCities

I come from two attractive parents yet somehow came out being ugly. It wasnt always like this, when I was younger, I was full of confidence and people said I was attractive. Now I am turning twenty this month, and the haircut I just got makes me look like I'm twelve years old. Alot really ugly/fat people can become comfortable with themselves with time, but I can't, I simply can't accept the way I look whenever I see myself. What the **** am I supposed to do? I have to go to school soon and I know it will be extremely difficult.

DeadCities

Everybody thinks they're ugly! They're not! And hey, everybody has got at least one awful haircut in their life.
You're being you're own worst critic, its natural, but remember that looking good is about FEELING good. Do some exercise and eat loads of healthy stuff, you'll feel cleaner instantly.

*Sigh* Why must you defeat my self pity with logic!! D<

DespairSoul

Everybody thinks they're ugly! They're not! And hey, everybody has got at least one awful haircut in their life.
You're being you're own worst critic, its natural, but remember that looking good is about FEELING good. Do some exercise and eat loads of healthy stuff, you'll feel cleaner instantly.

;) Nice input twiggle i like what u said and is true. Only harder is really do it so. Forgot about this and focus on other stuff is so hard if those thoughts whirling all the time in your head like some virus. And this is so true: Looking good is about feeling good i can't more then agree!!

I can relate so much, I feel ugly and disgusted by my own image, i just freakin hate myself, but hey, your only being rude to yourself, you are bullying yourself, why don't u give yourself a break and be happy, and most important.. (for me too, which is the most hard thing to learn) is.. not being afraid of what people think of you, because if you are seeking for people's approval and acception, it will still bring u down, because society is real badass. try to listen to what u want, and only focus what u wanna be like and find a way to be confident and not feelin' ugly, or try to think.. ugliness isn't the end of the world, some people have to live only from inner beauty because they had an accident for example, it's in your head all those thoughts and it's hard to believe if people tell you it's wrong,, for me this counts too, it's a real fight.

B

Beatrice

I hate my hands. There are many physical things about myself I wish I could change, but the one that gets me down on a regular basis is my hands. Sounds stupid, I know. Sounds crazy and ridiculous, maybe, but it's true. I just hate how small they are and how short my fingers are. I feel like they're ugly, rings don't look good on them, and they take away from my appearance.... oh, well *sigh* It's not like they offer cosmetic finger lengthening surgery (not any that would be SAFE, that is)......

coyote

I hate my hands. There are many physical things about myself I wish I could change, but the one that gets me down on a regular basis is my hands. Sounds stupid, I know. Sounds crazy and ridiculous, maybe, but it's true. I just hate how small they are and how short my fingers are. I feel like they're ugly, rings don't look good on them, and they take away from my appearance.... oh, well *sigh* It's not like they offer cosmetic finger lengthening surgery (not any that would be SAFE, that is)......

for what's it worth - I do not recall ever having a conversation with other guys about a woman where the subject of her hands came up

coyote

right now, I feel particularly disgusted with myself

too many beers and too much time on the internet over the last 6-9 months = fat belly

as twiggle said - time to do something about it

thank goodness the weather is turning warm

i'm ready to get out on my bike

Phoenixx

I've always had difficulty in accepting how I look. I always try to avoid reflections whenever I can, and I just want to hide when there's a camera. Heck, I can't even take a picture of myself.

But twiggle brings some good advice (as usual ;)). Lately I've been trying to follow a healthier diet. Even though I just started, I've felt a little bit better. Even making small changes like, getting consistent sleep helps. Just try whatever you can to make yourself feel good.

^ I feel the same way about my hands. I'm a really short person to begin with (Only 5' 0"), but my hands are so small. I hate how small my hands are, they're like the hands of a 10 year old. I remember when I first started taking my culinary class last year and one of the first things people noticed were my hands. I got comments like, "Oh my god, your hands are so tiny!" I actually had one girl just come up and say in like, an almost bragging voice "I bet my hands are smaller than yours." We actually measured, and mine were still smaller by about an inch. :rolleyes: Yeah, it is very silly to be self-conscious about hands, but I have a hard time getting over it too.

B

Beatrice

Thanks, coyote, haha. I know they don't come up regularly in conversation and people don't generally notice them, but... you know how personal obsessions are, I'm sure :p

Well, Phoenixx, not that I'd wish the curse of the small hands upon you, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one on here. Tiny hands FTW :p

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Thanks, coyote, haha. I know they don't come up regularly in conversation and people don't generally notice them, but... you know how personal obsessions are, I'm sure :p

Well, Phoenixx, not that I'd wish the curse of the small hands upon you, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one on here. Tiny hands FTW :p

hands is all guys can talk about, are you kidding Coyote! ::p:

I think tiny hands are probably cute, not something to get depressed about. If anyone is turned away/off by your hands, they're morons to begin with so good riddance =)

But everyone has one standout physical issue whether exaggerated or not. I know for me it's not exaggerated, my ears. Stick out.

I go in waves though about letting that affect how I feel about myself; years of being made fun of in my early childhood days I've gotten over that a while ago; but the smallest thing can make me self conscious about my ears again. So I understand how such things can make you uncomfortable with yourself, etc.

B

Beatrice

Yeah, Lemur, I know what you mean about the smallest things.... You'll be feeling great, like you've finally accepted yourself, and then BAM someone makes a comment or something happens, and those thoughts start to bombard your psyche :/ sucks

Phoenixx

I think tiny hands are probably cute, not something to get depressed about. If anyone is turned away/off by your hands, they're morons to begin with so good riddance =)
^ That comment right there makes me pretty happy. :)

Yeah, Lemur, I know what you mean about the smallest things.... You'll be feeling great, like you've finally accepted yourself, and then BAM someone makes a comment or something happens, and those thoughts start to bombard your psyche :/ sucks
^ Yeah I totally hate that feeling too. It takes so much to finally feel good about yourself again, only for some comment to completely destroy your confidence and then you have to build again from there.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

^ That comment right there makes me pretty happy. :)

^ Yeah I totally hate that feeling too. It takes so much to finally feel good about yourself again, only for some comment to completely destroy your confidence and then you have to build again from there.

=) Thinking that way is what helped me with my ears. If someone is turned off/won't like me because my ears stick out and cannot see past that, not worth my time of day, for that says a lot more about them than it does about me =) Same with anyone doing the same with your cute "little" hands =) Or whatever else =)

THAT BEING SAID ... as you and Beatrice mentioned with yourselves, these things has been such a sore spot for me still, one little comment or assumption can take me off the wagon and I'm obsessive and depressed over me ears/whatever. But then you gotta look and see what is more important than hands or ears, and that's A LOT of things =)

Ryguy2598

The way I like to think of it is, even if you aren't good looking, or maybe "ugly".....then what would be better? To be "ugly" and let it affect your own happiness and who you are or to not let it affect you at all? You know, if it's not going to change then stop down talking yourself about it.....besides, looks aren't that important...it's not what's going to get you friends, a girlfriend, etc.
Also, think about every person you have seen throughout your entire life.....have you ever thought about anyone being THAT ugly the way you think about it to yourself? I doubt it....so the truth is nobody else is thinking about you that way.......And like what Lemur said, very true that if they are thinking about you like that then that says more about them than it does you.

Last edited: