Totally New Ionto Expeiment -- Galvanic Stimulator

liori

Hi Sprawling,

I just read the whole post, and have to say that you are very special, kind and wonderful person. I was impressed by your patience and pleasantness, so thanks in advance!

Further to what you wrote... what is "soft water"?
And also, I just saw that the Ultra G costs about 450$, and not as it was previously...

I feel helpless. I really want to dry my hands, but my experience with the DRAIONIC was pretty bad (pain and burns), so I afraid that it will be repeated...

Lior

Sprawling

Prices vary on the Ultra G. You just need to shop around. $450 is on the very high end

Anyways thanks for the kind words.

zerocool

Hey Sprawling, thanks so much for finding and trying out this unit. I'm only on my first treatment but I have high hopes. I'm wondering though what intensity most folks are using. I'm not really sure what the milliamps I'm using but I have it set to about 3.5 on the dial. What's intensity are people using and has anyone actually measured the milliamps with a multimeter?

Sprawling

If you are using the same machine as I listed above my dial is set between 3.5 and 4. I couldn't tell you what the actual intensity is, only that it works and that is way more comfortable than a non-pulsed unit.

zerocool

Ok great. that's exactly the machine I'm using and using about the same intensity. I've never done ionto so I was just wondering if it is too much or too little intensity. Currently I feel very little at this setting but I'll keep it around there and report back.

Sprawling

Ok great. that's exactly the machine I'm using and using about the same intensity. I've never done ionto so I was just wondering if it is too much or too little intensity. Currently I feel very little at this setting but I'll keep it around there and report back.

That's the whole point of pulsed current, you need to feel very little.

86theHH

Further to what you wrote... what is "soft water"?

Lior

Not all water is the same so people label it soft or hard. The difference is in the amount of minerals in the water. If you are in an area that has a high concentration of calcium or magnesium (or both), then you have hard water. If these minerals are absent or in low amounts, then you have soft water.

You will see deposits on the spouts of your faucets if you have hard water. That's the tip off for most people that the water in their home is hard.

86theHH

I'm glad that you're experimenting, Sprawling!!

I'm not sure how much research goes into Iontophoresis by the scientific community, but I'm just glad that there are forums such as this to get the ideas out.

I know that people have varied results with Ionto, and I've been experimenting and changing my treatments to find out what works and what doesn't work. Sprawling, you mentioned you like pulsed because it lessens the pain during the treatments, but the trade off seems to be the effectiveness of the treatment is decreased. However, when you added Dry Idea, it helped out.

Jezza also mentioned using 15mA, but I didn't see the voltage mentioned. Maybe I missed that somewhere?
Do you know what voltage and milliamps you are using?
I'm curious about this because I've always used voltages between 12-19 and no greater than 3mA and have had success with it. But I ALWAYS add baking soda and salt, even though I have hard water.

86theHH

Red goes in your hand tray. I use black in my foot tray. I do half hour for the rt hnd and foot. 1/2 hour for the other hand and foot. Do this every day till you start feeling dryness. Usually will take 7-10 on average.

I've been doing treatments for my feet and back of my legs simultaneously. I've been using an all aluminum tray for my feet and then sitting on my "rigged for ionto" chair. During the treatments, my feet have been in the same tray, but spread apart. So I thought the current would travel from both feet to the back of my legs and then when I reverse polarity, from the back of my legs to my feet.

Here is something I noticed:
THE EFFECTIVENESS OF IONTO WAS DECREASING IN MY FEET!

So as an experiment, I did a slight modification yesterday. I still did the same setup, but this time I brought my feet together so that they were in contact with each other. This returned the effectiveness of the treatment to normal again :bigsmile:

Since you have plantar and palmar HH, you should try putting both feet in the same tray (for one polarity) and have your feet touching side by side. Then put both hands in another tray (for the other polarity) and have them touching side by side.
So your setup should be: both feet (touching at the sides to create one electrical contact point) in one tray, and your hands (touching both hands together to create one electrical contact point) in another tray . This setup gives both hands and both feet to be treated in one session.

Let me know if you like the new method :perfect:

CharlesN

Picked a unit up. Here's a question - if you guys/gals were me and the treatments I'm currently doing are working with my homemade setup - would you switch over now to the Galvanic - or would you just keep going with what is working. I guess I'm a bit hesitant to change something that is working... I don't know much behind the science - it's almost like voodoo to me - but it works so I guess I just keep doing what I do. But should there be basically no change in effectiveness if I were to switch to the Galvanic unit for my next maintenance treatment? Maybe I just need to hear someone more knowledgeable tell me there's nothing to worry about...

Thanks,
Charles

Sprawling

I've been doing treatments for my feet and back of my legs simultaneously. I've been using an all aluminum tray for my feet and then sitting on my "rigged for ionto" chair. During the treatments, my feet have been in the same tray, but spread apart. So I thought the current would travel from both feet to the back of my legs and then when I reverse polarity, from the back of my legs to my feet.

Here is something I noticed:
THE EFFECTIVENESS OF IONTO WAS DECREASING IN MY FEET!

So as an experiment, I did a slight modification yesterday. I still did the same setup, but this time I brought my feet together so that they were in contact with each other. This returned the effectiveness of the treatment to normal again :bigsmile:

Since you have plantar and palmar HH, you should try putting both feet in the same tray (for one polarity) and have your feet touching side by side. Then put both hands in another tray (for the other polarity) and have them touching side by side.
So your setup should be: both feet (touching at the sides to create one electrical contact point) in one tray, and your hands (touching both hands together to create one electrical contact point) in another tray . This setup gives both hands and both feet to be treated in one session.

Let me know if you like the new method :perfect:

Doing both hands and feet will require a search for larger trays. The problem is controling the current which should'nt b so hard by pre-setting the pulsed current and feeling just intial mild sting. Sure will save a lot of time and it's something I'll think I'll try.

Sprawling

Picked a unit up. Here's a question - if you guys/gals were me and the treatments I'm currently doing are working with my homemade setup - would you switch over now to the Galvanic - or would you just keep going with what is working. I guess I'm a bit hesitant to change something that is working... I don't know much behind the science - it's almost like voodoo to me - but it works so I guess I just keep doing what I do. But should there be basically no change in effectiveness if I were to switch to the Galvanic unit for my next maintenance treatment? Maybe I just need to hear someone more knowledgeable tell me there's nothing to worry about...

Thanks,
Charles

I was reluctant to try out the Galvanic Stimulator at first given that I was already using the Fischer MD-1A unit for a bunch of years. I experimented with the Stimulator slowly at first. At some point I used the MD-1a on one side (left foot, left hand) and the Galvanic on the other. After several months of usage I noticed the outcome was identical. That's when I totally switched to the pulsed galvanic unit. The plsed unit is just way mor comfortable to use.

Hope that helps you.

CharlesN

I appreciate that a lot Sprawling.

But I think I must have a different setup. If I don't put 1 hand in each tray and "complete the circuit" with my body - I don't feel any current in my hands. Not sure I'm understanding how 1 hand (or foot) could be done at a time. Would it be possible to show a photo of your set up?

Sprawling

I have 2 trays. My left hand goes in one tray, and my left foot goes in another tray completeing the circuit.

knivusa

Hi Sprawling,

I'm interested in this experiment and have just bought a galvanic stimulator. Also I admire all the experimenting you've been doing and sharing with us! I have a couple questions. What settings do you set the device to? Also how long do you do it for and on what limbs?

Sprawling

The experiment is no longer an experiment. I use the Galvanic Stimulator as my main Ionto device. I also use 4 trays now instead of 2. 2 for hands, 2 for feet. A wire connecting each hand tray. A wire connecting each foot tray. Red lead from the stimulator to the hand trays. Black to the foot trays. 15 minutes each polarity, then switch the the red and black leads. Total time 30 minutes. My new treatment schedule is once a week on Mondays. I've done all kinds of different durations since I started ionto back in 2005. Once a week seems to be working. For the most part my hands remain dry unless the body has other plans for me and my hands might become moist.

The top dial is set between 3.5 and 4. Do what's comfortable for you. You need not feel pain. Place both feet in the trays, then both hands at the exact same time. You will feel tingling and then after a minute or so it will subside. The LED part is set at 80. At least that's what works for me. You can experiment.

Good luck with your treatments knivusa. Feel free to ask questions.

CharlesN

Sprawling, I've decided to try this for feet. I found it hard to keep my feet off the bottom of the tray (tray is aluminum). Do you use something as a foot rest or just tough it out and keep the feet elevated off the bottoms?

Thanks,

NickM

Charles, try placing washcloths on the bottom and rest your feet on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk