to those of you with significant others?

Why

how did you "reveal" your true self (with SA) to them? how did they react?

did they know u had SA before or did they think u were just a regular person then when start dating you told them about it?

no, i didnt get a gf :C but this has always worried me if i were to.. LOL. Just seem so awkward and embarassing if some1 gets close to me and i will have to reveal my true life

Krista

You shouldn't fret hun because if you've gotten to the stage where she's dating you and well aware of your small oddities or quirks then I doubt she'll be troubled at the fact that you have SA. I told my old boyfriend, my last one and he was perfectly fine with it and it wasn't hard at all. It made sense to him with how I acted sometimes and it was a relief to me that I didn't feel like I was hiding it from him.

If she doesn't accept it then she's not the understanding and patient girl you need.

Kat

We met online and he could tell because I would never join the chartroom that I may have been on the shy side. He said that’s what initially attracted him to me. He, is pretty good about it, I feel like he is the only person I can really be completely open with. I wouldn’t say I have a shy personality, but I’m definitely not extroverted, he enjoys socializing but doesn’t crave to go to parties or anything like that we are both happy to make our own fun with-out having to socialize.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Honestly, i don't remember... I might have given a warning and said I'm very weird and very shy, but he didn't mind much o_O

Emily_G

I told my hubby about my stuttering about a week into our relationship. Then he learned all the baggage that comes along with it as we went...and he is still learning :)

Abby

i had to tell him about my SA, as i don't come off that way (i avoid people at all costs - but when confronted, i instantly go into my expertly honed "normal person" mode).

he, like the few others i've told in life, didn't believe me at first(!) - but after several months of witnessing my avoidant nature, he finally did.

btw, my boyfriend of 4 years is a decade younger than i am. :eek: he also happens to be my neighbor. :eek: :eek: