Tired of waiting around to be happy.

Im bored with life and im just waiting for something good to happen. Ive never been one to go on about suicide much, i dont slit my wrists but i think about just going to sleep and never waking up, now more than ever. Im not living a life im just waiting for something and i dont know what. I have the same routine everyday and my confidence is about the size of a pea. Ive been thinking about this much more since this idiot of a doctor put me down randomly a couple of days ago. It was strange and just like school. I thought i would never be mocked again after school but seems not. Thats why i never go out.
Me and my mum got into an argument the other day and her true colours came out. She said i needed to get a life and i dont want a life anymore. Im tired of carrying on.

I dont need a doctor i need a miracle.

Some doctors dont have good people skills, so try not to take it personally. You did the right thing, always get it checked out if it concerns you

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I don't think there's any quick fix that will make you instantly better. It's a process, little things that add up in the long run. Change up your routine a little bit maybe, find something to smile about, and don't take the control out of your hands. I'm probably a hypocrite because I'm doing the same thing,waiting for a miracle, as you said, to just fall on my lap and make everything better. Unfortunately the world doesn't work like that, and we must be the change we wish to see in of lives. Baby steps maybe, doesn't have to be this big revelational change and in behavior, something small.

The situations you explained with your doctor and mother sound like they were really just unnecessary on their parts and you should not take it personally, people can be stupid.

Bones

Chin up luv, ur mum was just probably in a bad mood that day... we have them, where we say the meanest things we can about people just because we got up on the wrong side of the bed or whateva... and as for the Dr, well some Dr's are just idiots and like phocas says, they don't all have great people skills. My Dr doesn't even look away from her PC if she can help it.
Even tho u won't feel like it, just smile, it'll make u feel better. Go on, give it a try...

Just start living your life. Go on a mission to discover some meaning, values, identity. happiness will come to you.

ikbenrifi

I'm sorry you feel that way, but the key here sister is to not wait for a miracle to happen, it'll never do unfortunately ! you should go for it ! if you get yourself to do something and get busy, you'll feel happy. Set a goal for yourself and work as hard as you can to achieve it . The problem with us (SAers) is that we don't live the present, we just focus on the future and the past which we cannot change, all we got is the present, let's give all our energy to it !

Phoenixx

Im bored with life and im just waiting for something good to happen. Ive never been one to go on about suicide much, i dont slit my wrists but i think about just going to sleep and never waking up, now more than ever. Im not living a life im just waiting for something and i dont know what. I have the same routine everyday and my confidence is about the size of a pea. Ive been thinking about this much more since this idiot of a doctor put me down randomly a couple of days ago. It was strange and just like school. I thought i would never be mocked again after school but seems not. Thats why i never go out.
Me and my mum got into an argument the other day and her true colours came out. She said i needed to get a life and i dont want a life anymore. Im tired of carrying on.

I dont need a doctor i need a miracle.

That's how I've been lately too, just waiting around to be happy. It sucks, but we just have to take matters into our own hands. How about trying something new, like taking up a new hobby. Do you like to cook? Or read? Those are the things I do when I really want to just "escape" and take my mind off things. Don't worry about what your mom or your doctor said. I know that's easier said than done, but just try to push it out of your mind.

bsebring

^I'll have to see if my library has tao-te ching. It sounds really interesting. I'm really curious about how the mind works and psychology. It seems like the more I understand the more I feel content with my own life. Thanks for the recommendation!

Untamed88

I have felt like you do now for years and I have only just started to wake up in the head and start getting motivation to do things. Not even social things but stuff I want to do so I don't end up killing myself. I wanted to write a book and I have started that. I have decided I don't want to die the way I am now. I am a socially retarded, fat and ugly cow and I don't want that to be how I see myself the day I die.