Throwing Caution to the Wind

Does anybody just feel like throwing caution to the wind? I get these urges to just pack my bags and go see what’s out there. Maybe a year’s travel or something, if one can afford it. Maybe it would do us good, like forcing ourselves to learn to swim.

Sacrament

I've recently been wanting to just get on a train and head somewhere for a day and then come back at night. I'd get a backpack, make a few sandwiches or something, take my camera and mp3 player, and just explore.

I've recently been wanting to just get on a train and head somewhere for a day and then come back at night. I'd get a backpack, make a few sandwiches or something, take my camera and mp3 player, and just explore.

Yeah, it would be wonderful, but in my reality, it's just a fantasy.

this_portrait

I have this urge to travel to places I've never been to. That's why I want to do grad school in Europe. I also want to go to certain places in the US that I've never been to before. As long as I can get out of IL (and the Midwest in general) for a while, I'm good.

I have this urge to travel to places I've never been to. That's why I want to do grad school in Europe. I also want to go to certain places in the US that I've never been to before. As long as I can get out of IL (and the Midwest in general) for a while, I'm good.

I keep trying to follow a piece of advice I like to use, but never seem to listen. If it doesn’t kill you, it only makes you stronger.

Sacrament

Yeah, it would be wonderful, but in my reality, it's just a fantasy.

You just have to force yourself to do it. Think of how fun it'll be and all. Look for your local train schedules, go to the train station and just ask what's the next train heading *insert somewhere not too far*.

Sacrament

Just rehearse it if necessary. It's fine if you're confused. A lot of people probably ask "so what is the train again?" or "what time is the train scheduled for again?" and the people who work there are there to help. Don't be afraid of going to them and asking for a schedule sheet or something.

doesit

Does anybody just feel like throwing caution to the wind? I get these urges to just pack my bags and go see what’s out there. Maybe a year’s travel or something, if one can afford it. Maybe it would do us good, like forcing ourselves to learn to swim.
my dream is to go to australia for a year ,because rain everyday all the ****ing year makes me depressed even more than sa,and if you are british than its easy to get visa,and you can work while travelling and you dont need a lot of money ;)

Rheves

Sometimes I think about just packin a bag and heading out. I live right next the the greyhound station. Leave the computer and every possession that is unnecessary behind and just go to cali or something. Id prolly end up dead though lol.

tucktick

It would be awesome to just ditch everything that sucks behind, but I'm on a low budget, as it is. When I actually have money, I'll be traveling for sure.

Ashiene

When I have money I'm going to live in the mountains and build my own paradise far away from civilisation.

CeeJay1981

Banned
I believe that a happy and fullfilling life has to involve 'playing your edge.' It involves taking an honest look at your comfort zone and pushing slightly into it. Most people get to a certain point and then just stagnate.

I believe that the kinds of people that have suffered with any kind of limitation in there lives (SA for example) are the kinds of people that are willing to do this.

I challenge you to do something today that is a bit 'risky.' For example, wave at a stranger, crack a little joke to the checkout girl. Anything that makes you feel a little hot under the collar.

Break through the social matrix man!

Take it easy

There's this creek near where I live - I pass by it nearly every day. It's all overgrown, and there's an old bridge over it. Sometimes I think, man wouldn't it be cool to just ditch everything and go live out in the world, with no home or possessions.

Although I dreamt about sleeping outside last night, and there were all these huge bugs and snakes crawling around - kinda creeped me out.